• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian college's tenure track position open only for 'women, transgender, non-binary, or two-spirit' people

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

WTF is a two-spirit person? :LOL: Now that the Left has exposed their love of discrimination, is any logical human surprised? The #1 character trait of the Left is hypocrisy.

WTF is a two-spirit person? :LOL: Now that the Left has exposed their love of discrimination, is any logical human surprised? The #1 character trait of the Left is hypocrisy.
And?

The #1 character trait of the Left is hypocrisy.
Some people would put a more gentle spin on the attitude of the woke Left.

No doubt some leftists sincerely feel that certain groups (no need to be specific) have been so marginalized that it is high time to give them special consideration and sympathy and support.

WTF does some Canadian university have to do with "the left"? Clue for you: when you hold up some small element as representative of the whole, your argument is inherently weak.

WTF does some Canadian university have to do with "the left"? Clue for you: when you hold up some small element as representative of the whole, your argument is inherently weak.
It's a cumulative effect.

…and the outrage begins early….

WTF is a two-spirit person?
An umbrella term for a traditional third gender that existed in many Native American cultures.
Two-spirit (also two spirit, 2S or, occasionally, twospirited) is a modern, pan-Indian, umbrella term used by some Indigenous North Americans to describe Native people in their communities who fulfill a traditional third-gender (or other gender-variant) ceremonial and social role in their cultures.
According to non-Natives including author Brian Gilley and anthropologist Will Roscoe, the historical presence of male-bodied two-spirits "was a fundamental institution among most tribal peoples",[50] with both male- and female-bodied two-spirits having been documented "in over 130 North American tribes, in every region of the continent".

The selection limitation is for one, yes just one, position at the University of Waterloo. It is not an across-the-board policy nor is it a continuous policy. It's a on-off and it is fully in line with Canadian and Ontario provincial law. Folks should really read the article rather than just the title to avoid getting their knickers in knots and to better understand what's actually going on.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

An umbrella term for a traditional third gender that existed in many Native American cultures.

It’s an invention of modern LGBT advocates. Per your source:

“The term Two Spirit (original form chosen) was created in 1990 at the Indigenous lesbian and gay international gathering in Winnipeg…”

Apparently you didn't read the article. Two spirit is described within. Also within is this:

"Even though the University of Waterloo is a public institution that prohibits discrimination based on gender, it can implement "special programs" under the Ontario Human Rights Code that are "designed to help people who experience hardship, economic disadvantage, inequality or discrimination," in this case those who self-identify as women, transgender, non-binary, or two-spirit."

While you would not like to think it so, there is good discrimination and bad discrimination. Bad discrimination seeks to prevent and deny. Good discrimination seeks to restore that which bad discrimination destroys. There is no hypocrisy in those circumstances.

It’s an invention of modern LGBT advocates. Per your source:

“The term Two Spirit (original form chosen) was created in 1990 at the Indigenous lesbian and gay international gathering in Winnipeg…”
The term is an invention. The people it describes are not but there was no English translation the for Two Spirit so we made one up...just like all other words. You can look at the Native words in different languages if you like.

Apparently you didn't read the article. Two spirit is described within. Also within is this:

"Even though the University of Waterloo is a public institution that prohibits discrimination based on gender, it can implement "special programs" under the Ontario Human Rights Code that are "designed to help people who experience hardship, economic disadvantage, inequality or discrimination," in this case those who self-identify as women, transgender, non-binary, or two-spirit."

While you would not like to think it so, there is good discrimination and bad discrimination. Bad discrimination seeks to prevent and deny. Good discrimination seeks to restore that which bad discrimination destroys. There is no hypocrisy in those circumstances.
Funny HUMAN rights code. To my knowledge men are human. Clearly they can't compete with white, hetero men, so they need to have the standards lowered. Frankly I didn't realize that Canadians were so bigoted.

The selection limitation is for one, yes just one, position at the University of Waterloo. It is not an across-the-board policy nor is it a continuous policy. It's a on-off and it is fully in line with Canadian and Ontario provincial law. Folks should really read the article rather than just the title to avoid getting their knickers in knots and to better understand what's actually going on.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
OP is famous for falling for salacious, to him, headlines!

To my knowledge men are human.
The Human Rights Code covers trans people, so trans women are included. You believe trans women are men and there will probably be white trans women applying, so no worries.

The Human Rights Code covers trans people, so trans women are included. You believe trans women are men and there will probably be white trans women applying, so no worries.
You are purposely mischaracterizing my post.

Isn't "two spirit" a drink with vodka and whiskey? If not, it should be. :poop:

Some people would put a more gentle spin on the attitude of the woke Left.

No doubt some leftists sincerely feel that certain groups (no need to be specific) have been so marginalized that it is high time to give them special consideration and sympathy and support.
yet that is just as wrong as it was the other way around.

"Reducing unjust disparities is the same as creating unjust disparities."

Right wing 'logic' :LOL:
more like: creating unjust disparities = creating unjust disparities

I'm afraid left wingers do not properly understand logic.

yet that is just as wrong as it was the other way around.
True.

But the folks in charge of the media and academia and many cities and states and many corporations and now the Oval Office believe it is justified.

And to be frank, in the coming decades there will be even more of this attitude implemented.

That's just the zeitgeist, and there ain't no stopping it.

You are purposely mischaracterizing my post.
I might have misunderstood but I didn't purposely do so. On the bold below you are inferring that standards have to be lowered when, in fact, applicants have to meet whatever criteria is established for the job. No lowered standards. If these groups weren't discriminated against in favor of discriminating for white hetero men, there would be no need for a Human Rights Code.
Funny HUMAN rights code. To my knowledge men are human. Clearly they can't compete with white, hetero men, so they need to have the standards lowered. Frankly I didn't realize that Canadians were so bigoted.

The assumption that some minority groups can't compete with white hetero men is not necessarily bigotry against these groups. While it could be a bigoted assumption that these minority groups are inherently less intellectually capable than hetero white men, it could also be the case that hetero white men are the dominant demographic in tenured professors and that bigotry against these minorities by hetero white men is the reason they can't seem to compete at the same level.

Why would you suddenly assume the former when history proves the latter has been the case for pretty much all of white North American history?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom