• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada Will Require Using A Vaccine Passport For Entry

Vaccines protect everyone's interests

No, only the vulnerable

Why do 40% of our populace who are Asymptomatic need to get a vaccine?

Perhaps, just a special stamp from the country of origin in their own passport, saying this individual has been vaccinated.
I think I have had to show my passport every time going to Canada.
just a special stamp from the country of origin in their own passport,

Kinda reminds me of our "Stamp act" in our American history

yes, a special stamp and tax

That's a great way of poo pooing my specific point about the COVID pandemic being over

Biden/CDC should've/should set up sending proof of vaccination cards to everyone fully vaccinated.

I don't think he can without being a tyrant?

i was thinking about how to overcome the forgeries. i think that the best way is to confirm with insurance companies who have records of paying for it. for those without insurance, though, i'm not sure. they were in such a hurry to give me mine that i had to write my own name on it after leaving the store. it only has the brand name and the dates of the doses written on it by staff.

i was thinking about how to overcome the forgeries.

Good point

Liberals already poo poo illegal alien forged documents

Good for other Americans who want to go to beautiful Canada to do some excellent fishing, without the riffraff 'rebels' to spoil the landscape and pollute the fresh air.

Bad for Canada for there will be a drop in tourism(wink)

They don't want your kind to vacation there during a world wide deadly pandemic. 🤡 $$$$...:ROFLMAO:

What about when the pandemic is over?

All systems go?(LOL)

Staying alive is a left wing interest?

How will you keep the NORMAL 2 1/2 MILLION that die every single year in the U.S. alive?

Read in the news this AM that the EU is hoping to open it's borders for tourism in June. Entry will be predicated on full vaccination by one of the approved vaccines. Travelers must apply in advance with proof of vaccination and uppn verification by the EYU will be issued a Digital Green Certificate that they much produce at customs.

"
The proposals, published by the European Commission, advised that arrivals must have been inoculated 14 days before arrival with a vaccine from its approved list, including BioNTech/Pfizer, Oxford University/AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.
"Member states could also extend this to those vaccinated with a vaccine having completed the WHO emergency use listing process," an EC statement added.
At the heart of the EU plan is a "Digital Green Certificate" that will stand as proof of vaccination or immunity and allow for travel across internal and external European Union borders. International travelers will be able to obtain one by submitting evidence to their initial destination country that they've been vaccinated."

Before the Bush era all that was required was photo Id to cross the Canadian US boarder, no passport required. From that time passports are required

Yep, it's been a great $profit$ for the Fed Gov

Shit, passports are like $130 bucks?

Read in the news this AM that the EU is hoping to open it's borders for tourism in June. Entry will be predicated on full vaccination by one of the approved vaccines. Travelers must apply in advance with proof of vaccination and uppn verification by the EYU will be issued a Digital Green Certificate that they much produce at customs.

"
The proposals, published by the European Commission, advised that arrivals must have been inoculated 14 days before arrival with a vaccine from its approved list, including BioNTech/Pfizer, Oxford University/AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.
"Member states could also extend this to those vaccinated with a vaccine having completed the WHO emergency use listing process," an EC statement added.
At the heart of the EU plan is a "Digital Green Certificate" that will stand as proof of vaccination or immunity and allow for travel across internal and external European Union borders. International travelers will be able to obtain one by submitting evidence to their initial destination country that they've been vaccinated."

That's okay

Us Americans fled Europe a long time ago

That's a great way of poo pooing my specific point about the COVID pandemic being over
COVID or its offspring mutations will likely never completely go away and I suspect having to be vaccinated with the occasional booster will be the new normal probably for the rest of modern society (perhaps even centuries from now).

Us Americans fled Europe a long time ago
Yet you still visit there by the hundreds of thousands every year, The US is likely going to require something like this too.

COVID or its offspring mutations will likely never completely go away and I suspect having to be vaccinated with the occasional booster will be the new normal probably for the rest of modern society (perhaps even centuries from now).

COVID or its offspring mutations will likely never completely go away

Yes, and for those more dangerous "Off springs" the vaccine is useless?

Yet you still visit there by the hundreds of thousands every year, The US is likely going to require something like this too.

Yes, but Europe hasn't done a mandatory permanent vaccine requirement yet?

Yes, especially in a countries tourism Revenue loss(wink)
Nothing compares to the tourism dollars lost becasue of Covid and that includes the States. People who enjoy travel will get the vaccine. In fact I am willing to bet that most people who love to travel and explore past their own borders are people who recognize the value ovf vaccination and most would be vaccinated anyhow.

Yes, but Europe hasn't done a mandatory permanent vaccine requirement yet?
I doubt you will see any western country doing that.

Canadian officials are working with other countries to agree on a format for a vaccine passport for entry. This will make travel easier as countries are on the same page as to what is acceptable to confirm vaccination.

78% of Canadians agree a vaccine passport should be required for entry into Canada.

Link
I am not surprised by the action.

At the end of the day it is just a more direct way of screening whereas the US is only looking nation to nation to bar entry from.

COVID or its offspring mutations will likely never completely go away and I suspect having to be vaccinated with the occasional booster

Well, it didn't happen that way with the Spanish Flu which was way........ more..... deadlier than COVID right?

Back
Top Bottom