• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada Will Require Using A Vaccine Passport For Entry

The electronically generated certificate we were issued is very detailed. Besides the patient identifiers, it includes the vaccine name, dilutent product, lot # of the vaccine, dosage, where on the arm it was administered, which arm, name of the person administering it and the health unit it was administered in.
Vaccinations are tracked individually by Health Canada. That database will likely be used for an electronic certificate which can be verified by customs enforcement in other countries. A forged paper certificate or card won't cut it.

If you think dealing with the pandemic is a "left" issue it speaks volumes as to what the right really thinks.

The only association between a vaccine passport and "a wall" is your imagination, perhaps something FoxNews gave you?
I think you're trying to pretend that on this issue Canada isn't make a case for strong borders.

I think you're trying to pretend that on this issue Canada isn't make a case for strong borders.

And I think you are creating false equivalency.

Of course you do. To believe otherwise is to acknowledge the left's inconsistency on this issue, and we can't have that, can we?

Look in the mirror.

If appearances were important to me I'd be on your side of the political fence.

Clearly the point went over your head, get back to us when it dawns on you.

We are working on a national digital passport modeled after NY's.

it is expected by the fall

It needs to be assured that others, countries, states and business et al, can confirm vaccination. Health records are private and protected, but might be able to parse out the COVID vaccination record to confirm electronically by whomever. Just brainstorming/squalling. Something dependable. Both physical and electronic.

It needs to be assured that others, countries, states and business et al, can confirm vaccination. Health records are private and protected, but might be able to parse out the COVID vaccination record to confirm electronically by whomever. Just brainstorming/squalling. Something dependable. Both physical and electronic.

Here is how NY works (as I said, the Federal roll out is being modeled after this)
Everyone who is vaccinated is registered in the state system. What vaccine, time and place.
You then go to the state system to obtain the verification, your vaccination record.
The system confirms that you are vaccinated and offers you proof of vaccination by issuing, electronically, a QR code.
You than transfer this code to your digital passport.

No issues with forgeries nor privacy laws. It's very cool.

Troll away, Luther, troll away.

Troll: A name that often appears when someone thinks they lose a debate(LOL)

Other definitions : Scapegoat

It's no different from other health requirements. I had to show vaccination proof for lots of my travels. Move on.

Here is how NY works (as I said, the Federal roll out is being modeled after this)
Everyone who is vaccinated is registered in the state system. What vaccine, time and place.
You then go to the state system to obtain the verification, your vaccination record.
The system confirms that you are vaccinated and offers you proof of vaccination by issuing, electronically, a QR code.
You than transfer this code to your digital passport.

No issues with forgeries nor privacy laws. It's very cool.

As far as passports, that sounds very cool. I just wonder how it is that the Feds can dip into private med records to extract that info and give it to whomever they please. That it is there to be had is because of Obamacare, BTW. Centralizing records and access. However, what other access may be needed, and a physical card of proof to show to, other entities is another question. Reopening to normal activities has proven disastrous in the past. Vaccination is yet complete and shows no promise of being complete. Good luck.

As far as passports, that sounds very cool. I just wonder how it is that the Feds can dip into private med records to extract that info and give it to whomever they please. T
My understanding is that the patient would request their proof of vaccination and then provide it to whomever they wish to. I don't think there is any chance, not intent, that the information would be made directly available to third parties.

I just wonder how it is that the Feds can dip into private med records

The feds will not "dip" into anything. All they will do, upon your request, is verify what you are volunteering to a 3rd party, that you are vaccinated.
If you do not want to show proof of vaccination, no problem, don't use the system.

My understanding is that the patient would request their proof of vaccination and then provide it to whomever they wish to. I don't think there is any chance, not intent, that the information would be made directly available to third parties.

Exactly, the passport is your. It is you who is volunteering the information, if you so choose.

Exactly, the passport is your. It is you who is volunteering the information, if you so choose.

I think the poster is saying you don't allow a 3rd party access to your the proof of vaccination in your med records, but instead request proof of vaccination be given you from your records to have and provide to any 3rd party as you see fit.

I can only hope this could be made easy. It is not always easy to obtain a copy of any particular med record and can take quite a bit of time. Months.

I can only hope this could be made easy. It is not always easy to obtain a copy of any particular med record and can take quite a bit of time.
We did get a very detailed certificate of vaccination at the time of vaccination but it is at Provincial level. My current understanding is that the intent is to create a national data base that is linked to the passport data base. When you request your passport renewal, which is a very quick process, the proof of vaccination would be automatically included if you authorize it on your application. Other than that you dan use your Provincial one for domestic activities requiring it.

I think the poster is saying you don't allow a 3rd party access to your the proof of vaccination in your med records, but instead request proof of vaccination be given you from your records to have and provide to any 3rd party as you see fit.

That is what is taking place with the digital passport in NY which the what Fed is modeling theirs after.

This is what I am trying to convey to the poster.

Back
Top Bottom