• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada Will Require Using A Vaccine Passport For Entry

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Canadian officials are working with other countries to agree on a format for a vaccine passport for entry. This will make travel easier as countries are on the same page as to what is acceptable to confirm vaccination.

As more people around the world become vaccinated and the summer travel season approaches, countries around the world are scrambling to get digital health certification programs in place. French President Emmanuel Macron recently told CBS’s “Face the Nation” that Americans who are vaccinated or able to show a negative Covid-19 test result may be able to travel to France as soon as this summer, thanks to the European Union’s plans for a digital green certificate.

Like the United States, Canada has been in talks with other countries about finding consensus on universally acceptable solutions. “I am meeting on a regular basis with my G7 counterparts and this is an ongoing conversation about how that might look and how we might be able to have some sort of standardized approach to this,” Hajdu told the CBC.

78% of Canadians agree a vaccine passport should be required for entry into Canada.

Link

Canadian officials are working with other countries to agree on a format for a vaccine passport for entry. This will make travel easier as countries are on the same page as to what is acceptable to confirm vaccination.

78% of Canadians agree a vaccine passport should be required for entry into Canada.

Link

Thanks Allan

I'll be sure NOT to vacation there$$$$$

Link

"Let me see your papers" (Russian accent)

Link

I guess my cousins/friends yearly Fishing Trips to Canada will come to an end

Link
Gosh, it’s almost like you folks want strong borders or somethin’.

Link
Perhaps, just a special stamp from the country of origin in their own passport, saying this individual has been vaccinated.
I think I have had to show my passport every time going to Canada.

Biden/CDC should've/should set up sending proof of vaccination cards to everyone fully vaccinated.

Biden/CDC should've/should set up sending proof of vaccination cards to everyone fully vaccinated.
If you have been vaccinated, then you do have a proof of vaccination card.
Staples and Office depot, even offered to laminate your COVID-19 vaccination card for free.
Staples, Office Depot will laminate your COVID-19 vaccination card for free
KPNYCPH2CZBORHS5WLUSRC2D6I.jpg

I think that proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test should be mandatory for entry into any country that gives a darn about keeping this virus under control. Does anyone really want someone unvaccinated, travelling from a country with low vaccination rates in their country? I sure don't! I never want to live through a nightmare like this again.

I notice that the article says that talks on what measures to put in place are happening amongst the members of the G7 so that includes the US. I fully expect some sort of proof of vaccination/or negative Covid will be required between the US and Canada before the borders reopen. I sure hope we can return to our home in Florida next winter. We haven't been in over a year. I miss the weather and the golf and it's darn expensive maintaining a home you cant use.

Several countries are discussing vaccine passports right now. In Europe there is quite a few countries with almost completely closed borders (the Finnish border has been completely closed for anyone but citizens and residents of Finland since fall, and you need special permission to enter otherwise). Sweden demands a fresh covid test from any non Swedish citizen who wants to enter. With tourism season just around the corner there is talk about a possible European vaccine passport, to make some kind of inter- European tourism possible.

Anyone ever notice that our friends on the left are all for things like creating strong borders, effective policing, or even mandatory identification requirements when those activities protect their interests?

mandatory identification requirements when those activities protect their interests?
Proof of vaccination when entering a foreign country is not a mandatory identification requirement mind you an official passport is. Do you think countries should not have mandatory identification requirements for foreigners entering their country? Do passports only protect the interests of liberals?

Proof of vaccination when entering a foreign country is not a mandatory identification requirement mind you an official passport is. Do you think countries should not have mandatory identification requirements for foreigners entering their country? Do passports only protect the interests of liberals?
What I think is that our friends on the left object to many things often advocated by the right until those things matter to their, the left's, safety. Then, suddenly, they're converts.

Anyone ever notice that our friends on the left are all for things like creating strong borders, effective policing, or even mandatory identification requirements when those activities protect their interests?
You misspelled our

Back
Top Bottom