• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada to retaliate 'dollar for dollar' after U.S. slaps 10% tariff on aluminum

One black comedienne once said that what he loved about ice hockey was that you got to "kick someone's ass and that got you five minutes in the penalty box! Yeah dude, I just kicked your ass. In five minutes I'll be back to do it again!".

Yep. Between that and lacrosse, you understand why we have to overcompensate on the politeness bit in every other aspect of our lives... ;):lol:

What Canucks want to be:

T6ynYOp.jpg

What Canucks really are:

hLxvLTe.jpg

Did a Canadian man steal your girl or something?

Thats exactly why Merkel doesnt sign any agreement with trump. Agreements are wothless under him.

It's a little different up here. We have been intertwined for forever, to be honest I don't think there's any option NOT to be a major trading partner of America. Anything else would result in more stars on their flag.

I have never seen an american president treat our allies so poorly and at the same time cozy up to dictators. Never a bad word about putin and him and un exchange love letters.

Wake up republicans. Stop thinking about your pocketbook and take a serious look at the craziness trump is doing on a daily basis to hurt america and our allies.

Did a Canadian man steal your girl or something?

lol Im just joking. Teasing OlNate is the fun part of the day. :mrgreen:

I just watched Chrystia Freeland spend a few minutes explaining how Trumps tariff was bad for American business and bad for American consumers and then go on to say Canada will match that tariff 'dollar for dollar'. Meaning, I suppose, that Canadian consumers will lose the same as American consumers, dollar for dollar.
What a fustercluck. What a brainless buffoon that guy is. Aren't there any adults left in the White House that can explain simple economics to him? Maybe he sees tariffs as a revenue source.

Tearing everything down was the point. They have been telling us they would do this for years.

Right after we had a "trade deal," no less.

It amazes me that there are people who still think Trump feels bound by treaties or even his own word.

Very Reminiscent of an old dictator..... where have we seen this before?

The only thing I like about hockey is that it teaches you how to whoop ass while wearing ice skates...something that comes in surprisingly handy up here from time to time.

Seriously...can you think of any reason why this is a good thing? I know, you like trolling Canada here, but this is going to cost America as well. Is America really that afraid of Canada that they think we can impact their national security with our aluminum? Looking for the serious response here, if you can handle that... ;)

I went to a fight once, and a hockey game broke out.:shock:

Trump Republicans elected a crook and punk.

After all the movies and books and documentaries (over the next few decades) the current Trump Republicans are simply gonna look as ancient as these guys...

800px-Little_Rock_integration_protest.jpg

They will be back. The result of the far right’s attack on public schooling created a generation that was ill equipped to deal with these things. Republicans forget that civil rights is not something that you just do once then forget about it. Theres still a lot of anti race mixing people around now. The civil rights effort following the abolition of slavery became assailable because we dropped the ball on reconstruction leading to the old slavers gaining the upper hand. After that, things just started getting worse and the newly freed slaves had to face an ever increasing terror from the white power movement that continued to assault and destroy black people and the wealth they were building up for daring to want to get out from under the boot of the tyrannical white power movement. The same heirs of the white supremacy movement are shouting the same fake slogan “stand with your people”, those heirs are the alt right.

Thats exactly why Merkel doesnt sign any agreement with trump. Agreements are wothless under him.

Yeah, he can't be trusted for ****.

Back
Top Bottom