• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada to retaliate 'dollar for dollar' after U.S. slaps 10% tariff on aluminum

Yeah I know bud- we’ll try. Can’t believe this is going on in the middle of a pandemic. It is absolutely ridiculous.:doh

Trump has proven that the pandemic is barely registers as a thought in his orange head, compared to his efforts to get reelected. I suppose beating up on one of your best allies and trading partners makes him look like a tough guy, which is about all he's got left, in terms of endearing himself to his base.

I always find it hilarious that some folks on here bitch about foreigners weighing in on American politics...as if his bath salts approach to foreign policy doesn't affect everyone on the planet. No one has felt this more than your allies. Only your enemies have appeared to prosper under this president. I continue to hope for a return to American sanity.

This **** again?

Canada to retaliate '''dollar for dollar''' after U.S. slaps 10% tariff on aluminum | CBC News

Hurry the **** up, November, and America, please get it right. This is getting old. And expensive.

I just watched Chrystia Freeland spend a few minutes explaining how Trumps tariff was bad for American business and bad for American consumers and then go on to say Canada will match that tariff 'dollar for dollar'. Meaning, I suppose, that Canadian consumers will lose the same as American consumers, dollar for dollar.
What a fustercluck. What a brainless buffoon that guy is. Aren't there any adults left in the White House that can explain simple economics to him? Maybe he sees tariffs as a revenue source.

Don't throw your poutine at us in retaliation!

Poutine is good, we keep that. There's plenty of things that you folks get from us that we can throw tariffs on. If our PM were as big a douchebag as Trump is, maybe the first thing we'd start with is pulp and paper. Not a big deal, until you realize that the materials used for your N95 masks are sourced entirely from Canadian pulp and paper products. Remember when Trump thought he'd prevent us from getting masks? hehe...it worked that time. ;)

I just watched Chrystia Freeland spend a few minutes explaining how Trumps tariff was bad for American business and bad for American consumers and then go on to say Canada will match that tariff 'dollar for dollar'. Meaning, I suppose, that Canadian consumers will lose the same as American consumers, dollar for dollar.
What a fustercluck. What a brainless buffoon that guy is. Aren't there any adults left in the White House that can explain simple economics to him? Maybe he sees tariffs as a revenue source.

Yeah, I mean, the entire world is waiting for the results of the November election, not just us. It's worth suffering a little to protect ourselves, and educate America on just how much that orange idiot is costing them to further his ego. Not that I expect it will amount to much, but every little bit helps. I expect this is our only viable strategy at this point - there is no dealing with that asshole.

I hope Trump wins just so the Canucks can even be more pissed off they end up farting beaver pellets. :mrgreen:

It's amazing how out of fashion credibility and character have become among certain demographics.

It's amazing how out of fashion credibility and character have become among certain demographics.

They've been given permission to express their inner spoiled brat.

Trump Republicans elected a crook and punk.

After all the movies and books and documentaries (over the next few decades) the current Trump Republicans are simply gonna look as ancient as these guys...

800px-Little_Rock_integration_protest.jpg

No more one man trade wars, Democrats. If you win, curb the executive.

Trump

How to drive away friends and benefit enemies

No more one man trade wars, Democrats. If you win, curb the executive.

It would be nice. But where exactly are the "small government" Democrats who wish to devolve more power to the states or from the Executive Branch to the Legislature, pray tell?

It would be nice. But where exactly are the "small government" Democrats who wish to devolve more power to the states or from the Executive Branch to the Legislature, pray tell?

They had better figure out that every Republican presidential candidate is dumber and crazier than the one before, and that Democrats won't be able to win every election.

Yeah, Canucks watch way too much hockey, it warps the brain...

I do not know what your problem is, OlNate. I certainly love paying higher prices for cans of soda and cars.

:lol: Yeah, bud, me too....it's swell. At least your "national security" is now safe from Canada.... :lamo

Yeah, Canucks watch way too much hockey, it warps the brain...

The only thing I like about hockey is that it teaches you how to whoop ass while wearing ice skates...something that comes in surprisingly handy up here from time to time.

Seriously...can you think of any reason why this is a good thing? I know, you like trolling Canada here, but this is going to cost America as well. Is America really that afraid of Canada that they think we can impact their national security with our aluminum? Looking for the serious response here, if you can handle that... ;)

The only thing I like about hockey is that it teaches you how to whoop ass while wearing ice skates...something that comes in surprisingly handy up here from time to time.

Seriously...can you think of any reason why this is a good thing? I know, you like trolling Canada here, but this is going to cost America as well. Is America really that afraid of Canada that they think we can impact their national security with our aluminum? Looking for the serious response here, if you can handle that... ;)

One black comedienne once said that what he loved about ice hockey was that you got to "kick someone's ass and that got you five minutes in the penalty box! Yeah dude, I just kicked your ass. In five minutes I'll be back to do it again!".

What Canucks want to be:

T6ynYOp.jpg

What Canucks really are:

hLxvLTe.jpg

Right after we had a "trade deal," no less.

It amazes me that there are people who still think Trump feels bound by treaties or even his own word.

Thats exactly why Merkel doesnt sign any agreement with trump. Agreements are wothless under him.

Back
Top Bottom