• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada reports no new deaths from coronavirus for the first time since March

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Canada reports no new deaths from coronavirus for the first time since March - CBS News

This is what happens when you don't have a psychopath as your country's leader:

Canada reported no new deaths from COVID-19 on Friday for the first time in six months. The last time the country reported no new deaths from the virus on March 15, at the start of lockdowns in North America due to the pandemic, Reuters reports.

As of Friday evening, over 6 million people had been tested for COVID-19 in Canada, 2.1% of which came back positive. Some 702 new cases were reported on Friday, but no new deaths, the Public Health Agency of Canada reported.

According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, Quebec reported one new death on September 11, but Ontario removed a previously reported death. That meant the number of deaths reported, 9,163, remained unchanged from the previous day.

November could not come soon enough.

Canada reports no new deaths from coronavirus for the first time since March - CBS News
Yes, the Orange One managed to control all 50 governors, the mayors, CDC, NIH, and rendered Pelosi and the fascist party apparatchiks speechless to advance his devious plan how to kill 200,000 Americans without any alternatives or opposition.

Do you have a medical degree?

BTW, countries have no "leaders". Just presidents or prime ministers. If you voted in 2016, did you see "leader" anywhere on the ballot?

Yes, Trump controlled all 50 governors, all the mayors, CDC, NIH, and rendered Pelosi and the fascist party apparatchiks speechless to advance his devious plan how to kill 200,000 Americans without any alternatives.

Trump knew it was dangerous. He lied, and we died.

There is a role for the federal government in responding to global pandemics. Trump abdicated that role for fear that taking action would harm is chances at re-election.

He's a psychopath, and you are the supporter of a psychopath.

Do you even have a high school diploma, Trump supporter?

BTW, countries have no "leaders". Just presidents or prime ministers. If you voted in 2016, did you see "leader" anywhere on the ballot?

For better or for worse, the modern American Presidency is a position of leadership.

Trump knew it was dangerous. He lied, and we died.

There is a role for the federal government in responding to global pandemics. Trump abdicated that role for fear that taking action would harm is chances at re-election.

He's a psychopath, and you are the supporter of a psychopath.

Do you even have a high school diploma, Trump supporter?

For better or for worse, the modern American Presidency is a position of leadership.

A role? What is that role? Be specific or STFU.

Name the day of abdication. What did he do or didn't that day to "abdicate"?

So letting people die, according to your psycho logic, improved his chances of being re-elected.

Get a refill.

BTW, I know why you and other leftists like that word, "leader". That's just a sneaky way to give Trump an illusion of authority without the power of enforcing his decisions. If he tried, you, disgusting leftists, have another handy word: dictator!!!!

Last edited:
Canada: Population: 36 million Yesterday's Covid-19 assigned deaths: 0.

US: Population: 321 million. Yesterday's Covid-19 assigned deaths: 693.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

A role? What is that role? Be specific or STFU.

Name the day of abdication. What did he do or didn't that day to "abdicate"?

So letting people die, according to your psycho logic, improved his chances of being re-elected.

Get a refill.

BTW, I know why you and other leftists like that word, "leader". That's just a sneaky way to give Trump an illusion of authority without the power of enforcing his decisions. If he tried, you, disgusting leftists, have another handy word: dictator!!!!

Ladies and gentleman, the country's stupidest people:

https://twitter.com/dieseldog97/status/1305009425506283522?s=20

Look at all these lemmings running to be first in line to bow down before their cult leader and participate in the country's biggest super-spreader event of the week! No masks. No social distancing. Most of them are old. It's like the Darwin Award Olympics.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentleman, the country's stupidest people:

https://twitter.com/dieseldog97/status/1305009425506283522?s=20

Look at all these lemmings running to be first in line to bow down before their cult leader and participate in the country's biggest super-spreader event of the week! No masks. No social distancing. Most of them are old. It's like the Darwin Olympics.

Do you know how many Americans under 65 died with the chinavirus? If you don't by now, it's because you don't want to know as this would upset that pile of crap you took in as gospel. It would be like being told that there is no Santa. BTW, even my cat knows it.

Well, actually, I don't have a cat. Just saying...

This is precisely the kind of success possible when you don't have a lying buffoon leading the country.
Next time, think things through before you post...

The US is number 8, with number 1, Belgium being the worst in deaths per million. Following the efedup leftist logic, 7 countries must also be run by the "lying buffoons".

Now, to be charitable, I don't believe that the author actually believes that Trump is a buffoon any more than, say, any Democrat governor like Cuomo who caused thousands to die. But the nearly orgasmic pleasure from writing the word buffoon and knowing that nothing will happen as a result, the leftists find it irresistible since they have nothing of substance to say besides calling the man names.

I quit debating like this when I got out of diapers.

The US is number 8, with number 1, Belgium being the worst in deaths per million. Following the efedup leftist logic, 7 countries must also be run by the "lying buffoons".

Now, to be charitable, I don't believe that the author actually believes that Trump is a buffoon any more than, say, any Democrat governor like Cuomo who caused thousands to die. But the nearly orgasmic pleasure from writing the word buffoon and knowing that nothing will happen as a result, the leftists find it irresistible since they have nothing of substance to say besides calling the man names.

Do you really think it’s great that we are number 8?

What that means is that out of the 215 countries on worldometer we are the 205th worst as measured by deaths per million population.

That’s unbelievably bad in the eyes of anyone without efedup rightist logic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you really think it’s great that we are number 8?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's neither great nor not great. But putting the US on the list prevents the fascists from screaming - and I have seen that aplenty - AMERICA HAS MOST VIRUS DEATH!!!!! Trump's fault!!!!!

No, it does not - if one has a functioning brain cell. Europe does. Yeah, I know, Europe is many countries and "America" just one. Which is a lie, because, virus-wise, "America" is 50 countries plus one malignant tumor - the DC.

It's neither great nor not great. But putting the US on the list prevents the fascists from screaming - and I have seen that aplenty - AMERICA HAS MOST VIRUS DEATH!!!!! Trump's fault!!!!!

No, it does not - if one has a functioning brain cell. Europe does. Yeah, I know, Europe is many countries and "America" just one. Which is a lie, because, virus-wise, "America"
is 50 countries plus one malignant tumor - the DC.

What if it turns out that your number are incorrect?
The Graphic Truth: Are new US COVID deaths surging vs EU? - GZERO Media

Trumps an immoral fraudulent con man. Proven.

No, it does not - if one has a functioning brain cell. Europe does. Yeah, I know, Europe is many countries and "America" just one. Which is a lie, because, virus-wise, "America" is 50 countries plus one malignant tumor - the DC.

If you're trying to protect your population from a contagious disease, why would you allow people from a country with high contagion rates come into your country? As for your second claim, European countries also have states within their countries; should we count those as well, or are we looking at national responses? To compare:

US
Population: 330 mil
Total cases: 6,706,524
Total deaths: 198,474
Deaths per million: 598

Europe (continent)
Population: 741 mil
Total cases: 4,554,102
Total deaths: 222,679
Deaths per million: 256

Source

So if one were to look at Europe as a nation, it's interesting to note what with double the population they have managed to contain the spread better and while the number of deaths are higher, we're looking at almost double the US population and they have only ~23 k more fatalities then the US. They also have higher testing numbers than the US, so it's not a question of testing availability.

Do you not know that the Canadian daily death toll jumped by well over 100% from Friday to Saturday and by 600% from Saturday to Sunday?

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

PS - Ain't percentages fun?

On this point only

Please do not confuse other countries with the United States of America.

Canada: Population: 36 million Yesterday's Covid-19 assigned deaths: 0.

US: Population: 321 million. Yesterday's Covid-19 assigned deaths: 693.

20-09-13 Z6 - Current SPOT Daily Death Ratios.jpg

Canada 7, USA 678

Size of Canada's population relative to US population 0.1141

NORMALIZED
(adjusting the Canadian number by inflating it to what it would be if the Canadian population was as large as the US population)

Canada 61.35, USA 678

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Damn good advice.

Yes, the Orange One managed to control all 50 governors, the mayors, CDC, NIH, and rendered Pelosi and the fascist party apparatchiks speechless to advance his devious plan how to kill 200,000 Americans without any alternatives or opposition.

Did Trump have a plan at all except to play the virus down? I did not hear of any plan from Trump and he still has no plan to control the spread of the virus. The Governors look to the Experts at the CDC with the backing of the rest of the executive branch in the case of an infectious disease. Where was that backing and why was it so lacking? Do you think Governors should be epidemiologists too? That takes us back to the only "plan" Trump really has, to play the virus down, make outrageous statements about phony "cures" and vaccines that are RSN and tell everyone that children don't get Covid 19 and can't spread it either. And that gentlemen is why we have the highest death count in the world from the virus.

Last edited:
This is precisely the kind of success possible when you don't have a lying buffoon leading the country.

Oh come ON now. The people of Canada DO have a lying buffoon leading the country.

The difference between Canada's lying buffoon and America's lying buffoon, is that Canada's lying buffoon IS leading the country while actually paying attention to science and the advice of people who know what they are talking about while America's lying buffoon "goes with his gut" because he "has a talent for that sort of thing".

Admittedly America's lying buffoon DOES have a considerable amount more "gut" to "go with" than Canada's lying buffoon has.

The US is number 8, with number 1, Belgium being the worst in deaths per million.

Really? I thought that the numbers were

20-09-13 Z5 - Top 25 Countries for Deaths per Million.JPG

Following the efedup leftist logic, 7 countries must also be run by the "lying buffoons".

Possibly. Except that, had you taken off at least one shoe you would have known that the number is 10.

Now, to be charitable, I don't believe that the author actually believes that Trump is a buffoon ...

Although I am NOT the "author" you referred to, please let me tell you that I MOST certainly do believe that Mr. Trump is a buffoon and an arrogant, egotistical, narcissistic, avaricious, uncaring, buffoon at that.

...any more than, say, any Democrat governor like Cuomo who caused thousands to die.

There is a difference between "not doing what you don't know you should do" and "lying about what you should do". Mr. Cuomo, unlike Mr. Trump, most likely falls into the first category.

But the nearly orgasmic pleasure from writing the word buffoon and knowing that nothing will happen as a result, the leftists find it irresistible since they have nothing of substance to say besides calling the man names.

Absolutely

20-09-13 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

20-09-13 B1 - COVID vs Other Causes.jpg

20-09-13 C4- Total US Deaths.jpg

and

20-09-13 B3 - Death by Ability to Pay.jpg

are totally without substance.

Any comment respecting the veracity of that last statement might be pushing the rules.

PS - You might want to check the graph of total deaths for Belgium against the graph of total deaths for the USA (use the "Linear Scale" graphs because they illustrate the difference more clearly). On the other hand, you might prefer to remain in ignorance. Your call.

You might want to actually take a look at the actual numbers

20-09-13 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

The US "Cases per Million" number is roughly 3.93 times HIGHER than the European one.

The US "Deaths per Million" number is roughly 2.11 times HIGHER than the European one.

IF you catch COVID-19, is the chance of you dying from it higher in Europe than it is in the US? Yep, sure is.

However, the chance that a person selected at random in Europe will die from COVID-19 is approximately 47.45% that of the chance that a person selected at random in the US will die from COVID-91.

Why?

Because the chances of you catching COVID-19 in Europe are so much lower than they are in the US.

PS - Did you know that 3,972,205 (the number of US COVID-19 deaths) is actually a HIGHER number than 2,245,569 (the number of European COVID-19 deaths)? To help you to understand that, if you change the units to "millions" and round to one significant figure, then the US has "4" and Europe has "2". I'm sure that you can work out which is more "4" or "2".

If you're trying to protect your population from a contagious disease, why would you allow people from a country with high contagion rates come into your country? As for your second claim, European countries also have states within their countries; should we count those as well, or are we looking at national responses? To compare:

US
Population: 330 mil
Total cases: 6,706,524
Total deaths: 198,474
Deaths per million: 598

Europe (continent)
Population: 741 mil
Total cases: 4,554,102
Total deaths: 222,679
Deaths per million: 256

Source

So if one were to look at Europe as a nation, it's interesting to note what with double the population they have managed to contain the spread better and while the number of deaths are higher, we're looking at almost double the US population and they have only ~23 k more fatalities then the US. They also have higher testing numbers than the US, so it's not a question of testing availability.

I note that your source says "This site was created by Avi Schiffmann. I am a high schooler in Washington State, USA". While not knocking Mr/s Schiffmann, I think that I'll stick with the Worldometer numbers.

Back
Top Bottom