• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada Needs to Come Up with Another Name for Poutine Because It Sounds Like Putin

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Le Roy Jucep, which has touted that it invented poutine, wrote in a Feb. 24 Facebook post that it was changing the name to “la frite fromage sauce” — the fry cheese gravy.

Just call it something like "Canuckistan Fries" or "Maple Vomit" :p

Poutine Classic 2.jpg

Yep. I haven't tried poutine yet. It's on the list.
We make it ourselves, frozen fries, cheese and whatnot that happens to be in the fridge. Not the original, but we love it.

Nothing like Quebec poutin no matter what they call it! Best with hand cut fries, really fresh curds and homemade beef gravy on the thinish side. Yummers......but deadly so it is a guilty pleasure enjoyed rarely.

Nothing like Quebec poutin no matter what they call it! Best with hand cut fries, really fresh curds and homemade beef gravy on the thinish side. Yummers......but deadly so it is a guilty pleasure enjoyed rarely.
Oh, and how do you pronounce curd? Unless you do like Paul, it isn't right.
The entire video is nice, I love to hear the Brits talk, he starts talking about curd at 4:42

We make it ourselves, frozen fries, cheese and whatnot that happens to be in the fridge. Not the original, but we love it.
It's the "whatnot" part that gives me pause.

Reactions: PoS
Oh, and how do you pronounce curd? Unless you do like Paul, it isn't right.
The entire video is nice, I love to hear the Brits talk, he starts talking about curd at 4:42
That isn't cheese curds. Cheese curds are solid and squeak when you bite into them. I believe they are the left on the side of the vast when making cheddar cheese. The sides are scraped and form little strips.

It is pronounced like turd......sorry only word that came quickly to my mind😊

Canada Needs to Come Up with Another Name for Poutine Because It Sounds Like Putin​

No - how about we come up with another name for Putin instead? We can start with Vladiscumbag - but I'm open to suggestions.

Anybody??

Yeah, I try to eat it every chance I get, which isnt much where I live.

That isn't cheese curds. Cheese curds are solid and squeak when you bite into them. I believe they are the left on the side of the vast when making cheddar cheese. The sides are scraped and form little strips.

It is pronounced like turd......sorry only word that came quickly to my mind😊

I know, but c'mon, Paul's is famous for pronouncing curd just right.

LOL as usual its the lefties who lack a sense of humor. :LOL:

French fries, cheese curd and gravy = poutine. Russian leader = Putain d'une maudite bordel (a f***ing whore in a god-damned bordello). That should clear up any misunderstandings vis a vis French words and Mr. Putin. However I would like to apologise to all sex-trade workers for comparing them to Mr. Putin. It was totally unfair to them.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
How about "donkey shit"?
Scrabaholic:

"Merde d'âne"? Yuck. Not a very appetising name. Perhaps "angels' shit"? "Merde des anges" sounds so much better and sophisticated. Angelic scat is a better image than assinine scat.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy

Back
Top Bottom