• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada moves to ban sanctioned Russian nationals from entering country

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Good on you Canada!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino announced the move on Tuesday, 82 days after Russian President Vladimir Putin launched an invasion of Ukraine, leading to a bloody and prolonged conflict.

Over the course of the conflict, the Canadian government has joined western allies in sanctioning more than 1,000 individuals from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine alleged to be “responsible” in some manner for the Kremlin’s aggression.

“Once in force, these amendments … will apply to all foreign nationals subject to sanctions by Canada, and any accompanying family members.”

Good on you Canada!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino announced the move on Tuesday, 82 days after Russian President Vladimir Putin launched an invasion of Ukraine, leading to a bloody and prolonged conflict.

Over the course of the conflict, the Canadian government has joined western allies in sanctioning more than 1,000 individuals from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine alleged to be “responsible” in some manner for the Kremlin’s aggression.

“Once in force, these amendments … will apply to all foreign nationals subject to sanctions by Canada, and any accompanying family members.”
So Trump bans some Muslim war torn terrorist nations and the left has a history fit, yet Canada bans Russians and its OK?

So Trump bans some Muslim war torn terrorist nations and the left has a history fit, yet Canada bans Russians and its OK?
How is that in any way the same thing?

He called for a ban on Muslims. Not Muslim 'war torn terrorist nations', but Muslims.

He called for a ban on Muslims. Not Muslim 'war torn terrorist nations', but Muslims.
I don't remember him saying that, but I do know what citizens of countries that was banned

I don't remember him saying that, but I do know what citizens of countries that was banned
“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on,” -Speech in Mount Pleasant SC

Back
Top Bottom