• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada Moves to Ban Discrimination Against Transgender People

Canada made the right move???

• Total voters
Using the law is fine. Making a special law for an individual group is discriminatory.

It is not making a special law for an individual group it is only adding gender identity to a law that already exists that covers: sex, race, ethnicity, native status, disability, etc.

Well, not to brag, but I do look good in plunging neckline. It shows off my chest hair!

Not me, my family has been out of the trees for many generations, so really no chest hair.:lamo
Well 6 on my left nipple, 7 on my tight.

And I've had it with the impossibly stupid notion that first-degree murder is somehow a more severe crime based on the reason behind it.

Lawmakers decided to punish premeditated murder, felony murder, and murder committed with extreme atrocity and cruelty more than a murder committed in the spur/heat of the moment.

They think that, for example, if you torture a child to death, that's actually a worse crime than if you shoot someone once in the back of the head while they sleep. You disagree. Very well, but that has nothing to do with my correction of your misunderstanding of how hate crime laws actually work in courtrooms....

Entitlement knows no bounds.

Um....what? Did you want to say something negative about "the left", consulted the manual of conservative smears, and accidentally landed on something that doesn't begin to fit your post?

"Entitlement"

:lamo

It is not making a special law for an individual group it is only adding gender identity to a law that already exists that covers: sex, race, ethnicity, native status, disability, etc.

Which is discriminatory any way you cut it and how ever well intentioned one might think one is. All humans are equal and so are transvestites? Don't you see the logical conclusion?

This entire thread demonstrates that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Actually, you're entire body of postings on this topic demonstrate that you are completely ignorant and know nothing about this issue. And I am quite content to constantly point it out so no one will take what you say as having any credibility, since it doesn't.

Last edited:
Never asked you to - but they deserve the same rights and protections as you do. Unfortunately they do not in many States.

they have the same rights as everyone else in this case they are getting more rights than other people.
that is the problem. the law works this way for everyone else, but them no it doesn't.

they have the same rights as everyone else in this case they are getting more rights than other people.
that is the problem. the law works this way for everyone else, but them no it doesn't.

100% false, the laws singling them out and the discrimination that happens against them based on their gender identity proves your statement factually wrong.
Protecting gender identity will not give them "more" rights . . if you disagree simply list those "more rights" LMAO

Of course we did

this thread response is positive proof
Of course you didn't.
this thread response is positive proof

Actually, you're entire body of postings on this topic demonstrate that you are completely ignorant and no nothing about this issue. And I am quite content to constantly point it out so no one will take what you say as having any credibility, since it doesn't.

Oh, I understand that you're quite content to live in a fantasy world and choose to participate in the normalization of mental illness. You've proven that beyond all doubt. Are you, perchance, mentally ill yourself?

Which is discriminatory any way you cut it and how ever well intentioned one might think one is. All humans are equal and so are transvestites? Don't you see the logical conclusion?

That transsexuals are people too and should be treated like any other person. The logical conclusion is that transsexuals are tarted like any other group in society.

Oh, I understand that you're quite content to live in a fantasy world and choose to participate in the normalization of mental illness. You've proven that beyond all doubt. Are you, perchance, mentally ill yourself?

It is quite obvious that you also have zero knowledge of mental health issue or of psychology in general. Tell me, is there ANYTHING of which you have any education? If there is, you haven't exhibited it yet.

Back
Top Bottom