• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you relate?

Take a good look at the chart again. In Musk's opinion, the right has not moved further right, so this comment of yours just doesn't make sense in the context of this OP or Musk's tweet.
As has been pointed out many times, the chart makes it clear Musk thinks the right edge of right has remained consistent, the center has moved a little to the left and the left edge of the left has and is moving significantly leftward.
Maybe you're just trying to indicate you have a different view of the right than he does (that's fine) - but then it doesn't make sense to try to equate your different view to Musk or his chart.
I mean...you're seriously discussing a stick-figure drawing by Musk like it actually means something? This is stupid. Fox, et al have an easy job.

I think that was/is the plan, but I think it will backfire enormously and maybe already has, just with the announcement. It was immediately seen for what it is rather than what they wanted it to be seen as. The left is still thinking they can get away with their tactics and games but those tactics have simply become too glaringly transparent - thus leading to some really damaging backfires.
Babble

Elon has always been an unabashed capitalist who hates labor and the working class except for when they serve his purposes.

That does not seem to be the case.

The idea that he has ever been on either the economic or political left is laughable. Maybe at one point you could argue that he was on the cultural left, but he's fully embraced the dumbness of right-wing side of the culture wars.

According to his little pictures, he remianed the same distance from the far right, but feels that the far left moved further left (thus moving the political center further left). Whether that is true (or not) is certainly debatable, but his assertion is that his actual positions have remained unchanged.

My take is that he is trying to level the playing field so that views from everyone are not censored like they were before.

You'd think people who want to remove censorship would participate in debates, right? Isn't the the GOP? And Mccarthy lied repeatedly about what he did and did not text, right? And Marjorie Taylor Greene lied repeatedly texting about Trump enacting "Marshall Law", right? And Matt Gaetz repeatedly lied about the election, right? And most GOP representatives have falsely claimed there is evidence of voter fraud when 2020 was a perfect example of a clean election, right? There is no evidence of voter fraud in Arizona and they keep lying about that, right? Trump called the press the enemy of the people, that seems like somebody advocating to censor free speech, right?

And Elon musk is making a blanket statement about the Democrats getting extreme with no examples? That seems like some BS, right?

Where were you in 2008, 2012, 2021? Can you relate? This is where Elon Musk was and is today, in the charted years below. I can totally relate to where he is today.... He went from center left to center right just like many of us have done as well.

FRcu9TeXEAMjvTM

I would be curious what metric he is using. Because while liberals have moved left on a few topics, he seems to be ignoring the topics on which the right is moving right.

Incredible that a personal opinion Tweeted out by Elon Mush can take on such incredible importance in the mind of some. Who cares if Elon Musk thinks the left has moved left? That is his perception relative to his personal take. I think he has moved right rather than the left moved left but hell that is just my opinion. I'm going to bet this was a lead story on Fox!

Musk, the new golden idol of the right! Wonder how long it will last?

How many people will fail to see the center has moved left while Elon is still where he's always been? I can relate.
In his opinion.

Incredible that a personal opinion Tweeted out by Elon Mush can take on such incredible importance in the mind of some.

So, you can't relate then? You appear to be on the far left on the above spectrum so, quite understandable that you wouldn't relate.

Who cares if Elon Musk thinks the left has moved left? That is his perception relative to his personal take. I think he has moved right rather than the left moved left but hell that is just my opinion. I'm going to bet this was a lead story on Fox

Well, pardon us for finding the thread topic interesting. Many do care. Next time, we'll be sure to ask your permission before caring. ;)

Elon Musk is a liberal unlike many leftists who think suppressing speech is a good idea....

You have no clear understanding of how speech and right leaning news has diminished because of deliberate suppression.
Oh, and there goes your Fox boogieman again. lol Just precious, Callen. When all else fails, pull out the Fox card.

As long as he cares about not suppressing speech, I would imagine he'll remain popular while fighting the wokism virus, and the cancel culturing morons.

Last edited:
So you can't relate then? You appear to be on the far left on the above spectrum so, understandable that you wouldn't relate
I would be very interested in what of my stated political positions you think are in line with the far left....or are you just lowing smoke.

I can relate. How about you? We even had the VW bus but ours was a '72

I would be very interested in what of my stated political positions you think are in line with the far left....or are you just lowing smoke.

I'm not interested in making the thread personally about you. Sorry.

Suffice to say, your posts speak volumes about how you think the government should be clamping down on those opinions that counter the government's narrative.

I'm not interested in making the thread personally about you. Sorry.

Suffice to say, your posts speak volumes about how you think the government should be clamping down on those opinions that counter the government's narrative.
You made it about me......as I thought just blowing smoke as usual. Also, as usual, you would do much better telling us what you think rather than what you have decided others think.

Oh, you mean like how I support the Florida government clamping down on Disney for expressing a political view point?/ sarc.
You mean like that?

Oh, you mean like how I support the Florida government clamping down on Disney for expressing a political view point?/ sarc.
You mean like that?

Disney's free speech is still intact.

Tissue?

You made it about me......as I thought just blowing smoke as usual. Also, as usual, you would do much better telling us what you think rather than what you have decided others think.

No, you made it about yourself with your first post.

Review.

"If you expect me to believe" ??? I don't expect any such thing. I never wrote any such thing.
There you go again, telling others what they think. This is what you do all the time.
Instead of learning what others think by actually engaging with them, you pretend that you are challenging them by way of insults.

I'm not interested in playing your games.
Bye
:unsure:

Do you attribute that difference in these two voting patterns to the right or the left? I'd suggest what happened (from the left) with Kavanaugh and Barrett had quite a bit to do with the Jackson vote. I think the left is driving the divided country bus. The right is certainly noticing and recognizing it's a new dynamic. The rules have changed but I'd also suggest it hasn't been the right who has changed them.
Each party has unique individuals but as a whole, the left has moved together and quite dramatically, IMO. The right has to respond to some extent.
Short-term memory issues? Does the name Merrick Garland ring a bell?

I expect it to get worse. I so hope Trump reconsiders going back on Twitter. I will enjoy watching the meltdowns.

I hope Trump goes back to twitter too...though I don't think him going back to twitter is going to hurt the people you think it will.

Incredible that a personal opinion Tweeted out by Elon Mush can take on such incredible importance in the mind of some. Who cares if Elon Musk thinks the left has moved left? That is his perception relative to his personal take. I think he has moved right rather than the left moved left but hell that is just my opinion. I'm going to bet this was a lead story on Fox!

It will last until their media masters tell them Musk is bad. Right now they are collectively loving him because they think he's 'owning the libs"...and like clockwork the parrots are here rambling about the "far left" and other sorts of drivel because Musk is their new flavor of the week.

A simple Google search brings up numerous hits on free cell phones for illegal immigrants. But you're probably right. MSM probably stays away from news shining a light on Biden's stupidity. There are numerous sources of news. Even FB has a news feed.

The claim: The Biden administration spends Americans’ tax dollars to give smartphones to undocumented immigrants​

Republicans haven't been shy about attacking President Joe Biden as soft on immigration, and a claim circulating on social media adds to the chorus with an assertion about giveaway cell phones.

“Waste: The Biden admin spent your tax dollars to give cell phones to illegal immigrants,” says an image posted on Facebook on April 18 that racked up more than 1,300 shares within four days.

But the claim is misleading.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, does issue smartphones with a pre-loaded app to some undocumented immigrants to ensure compliance with release stipulations. But the phones can only be used to access the app – they can't access the internet, load other apps or make calls. And use of them dates back to the Trump administration.

Now I'm sure you'll respond with some parroted talking points...but perhaps look a bit further before you engage in a fake news circle jerk with the other shills here.

Where were you in 2008, 2012, 2021? Can you relate? This is where Elon Musk was and is today, in the charted years below. I can totally relate to where he is today.... He went from center left to center right just like many of us have done as well.

FRcu9TeXEAMjvTM

This SOOOOOO reminds my of my grandmother (born in 1904) She was a lifelong Democrat and even involved with the party working polls and such....In the 1960's though she was very unhappy with Lyndon Johnson and even called him an embarrassment to the state of Texas. This was the first seed of discontent with the Democrats...........then in the late 1970 she started complaining that the party was being taken over by KOOKS.

Come 1980 when I turned 18 and had no idea who to vote for in the presidential election, I asked her and she said "vote for Reagan, Carter's a disaster" and she was Republican after that till her death in 1999

Frankly, having been a young wife and mother through the great depression she always was a very conservative woman and as she said....I didn't leave the Democratic party...It left me!

Back
Top Bottom