• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you relate?

I'm going to engage right here on my thread if that's okay with you.

It seems you want to do so completely unchallenged.

When I look around at Republicanism today and especially at the State level, if you expect me to believe for a second it's "Right of Centre" and reasonable to any degree, that is absolutely delusional to an unbelievable degree.

Where were you in 2008, 2012, 2021? Can you relate? This is where Elon Musk was and is today, in the charted years below. I can totally relate to where he is today.... He went from center left to center right just like many of us have done as well.

FRcu9TeXEAMjvTM

It's funny how it's the "left" that's the only side that changed but the fact is 2008 conservative front runner John McCain and 2021 darling Donald Trump are very, very different.

You guys are so intellectually lazy these days, can't hope to address anything.

When you really look at what the OP Said:

But you look at who and what you people support today, not what you think you support, but what you actually do and perhaps don't even realize it or have sleep walked into.

The cartoon isn't close to reality and you won't actually address that because to do so, would shatter the safe, bubble universe ya'll have built around yourselves where you're the good guys and nuance and complexity is a vice.

The fact you still won't address the point shows the irony here is off the charts.

Maybe if you spent less time telling people what they support, you'd learn what they actually DO support.

The reality is that of Elon Musk. The man you called delusional. Why? Because he doesn't share your reality.

You're right, he doesn't seem to share most peoples realities I would argue but herein lies the fundamental problem with what you're saying.

You're unable to address my challenge to it.

At all.

Directly challenging the OP, there is not much that is centre right about Republicanism today, particularly at the state level and you haven't addressed that at all.

As usual you guys run and deflect and say nothing from within the safety of your bubble wrapped universe.

You're right, he doesn't seem to share most peoples realities I would argue but herein lies the fundamental problem with what you're saying.

You're unable to address my challenge to it.

At all.

Directly challenging the OP, there is not much that is centre right about Republicanism today, particularly at the state level and you haven't addressed that at all.

As usual you guys run and deflect and say nothing from within the safety of your bubble wrapped universe.
That's because you missed the point of the OP. Here's a clue. Can you relate?

Maybe if you spent less time telling people what they support, you'd learn what they actually DO support.

Then why does it seem so unbelievably difficult to respond in any meaningful way?

People like Trump let you know very early on and up front EXACTLY who and what they stood for and you went along with it anyway and we were right the entire time and for a time you got off the train only to get back on it seems.

It isn't a stretch of my imagination what you are willing to turn a blind eye to in order to win cheap political points on the internet.

Republicanism and Conservatism of today, particularly at the state level is turning more extreme and authoritarian every day and whatever faults and excesses of the left and they do exist, you stand in a glass house, the cartoon is invalid.

That's because you missed the point of the OP. Here's a clue. Can you relate?

Still can't address a thing.

I've directly challenged it and told you guys why and it seems between the two of you, you can't come up with an answer.

Hardly a surprise, but there it is.

Then why does it seem so unbelievably difficult to respond in any meaningful way?

People like Trump let you know very early on and up front EXACTLY who and what they stood for and you went along with it anyway and we were right the entire time and for a time you got off the train only to get back on it seems.

It isn't a stretch of my imagination what you are willing to turn a blind eye to in order to win cheap political points on the internet.

Republicanism and Conservatism of today, particularly at the state level is turning more extreme and authoritarian every day and whatever faults and excesses of the left and they do exist, you stand in a glass house, the cartoon is invalid.
You could have simply said: I can't relate. Nobody cares why you can't.

When I look around at Republicanism today and especially at the State level, if you expect me to believe for a second it's "Right of Centre" and reasonable to any degree, that is absolutely delusional to an unbelievable degree.

"If you expect me to believe" ??? I don't expect any such thing. I never wrote any such thing.
There you go again, telling others what they think. This is what you do all the time.
Instead of learning what others think by actually engaging with them, you pretend that you are challenging them by way of insults.

I'm not interested in playing your games.
Bye

Last edited:

So you guys weren't looking to discuss anything, only wishing affirmation within your safe space that you are the good guys, the reasonable guys and it's really everyone else who's gone nuts.

Got it.

That isn't surprising, the safe space attack was always projection on the part of the Trumpist.

Bingo... Instead, he does his usual stint, making mountains out of molehills and classic derails of the thread topic.

Still won't actually address anything.

Run off to your Trumpist safe space bubble universe, where you can't be challenged or questioned.

I'm not running off anywhere much to your chagrin.
I plan to engage posters whose missive isn't to show their pathetic trolling skills.

So you guys weren't looking to discuss anything, only wishing affirmation within your safe space that you are the good guys, the reasonable guys and it's really everyone else who's gone nuts.

Got it.

That isn't surprising, the safe space attack was always projection on the part of the Trumpist.
If there was stock on the word "Trumpist" I'm pretty sure you would have cornered the market. Some day you might actually learn how dull it is to say. I doubt it though.

I suppose if I was able to understand your "reality" I might get it also. But my reality is delusional because I get the reality of Elon Musk -- and I'm liking it. :)

First of all, if you are to challenge me, you'd first have to admit that the O/P said nothing about Republicanism.

It's a chart about liberals vs. conservatives. Therefore, right of center as it relates to conservatism very much applies. You make the mistake of thinking that conservatives must be Republicans. You're wrong.

Anything else before we call it a wrap?

i-win-you-lose.gif

Where were you in 2008, 2012, 2021? Can you relate? This is where Elon Musk was and is today, in the charted years below. I can totally relate to where he is today.... He went from center left to center right just like many of us have done as well.

FRcu9TeXEAMjvTM

Oh wow - now that's an interesting Musk tweet! I hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting.
I sure agree with both the move of center to the left and the run of the left, far further to the left - into some weird far left territory.

It's funny how it's the "left" that's the only side that changed but the fact is 2008 conservative front runner John McCain and 2021 darling Donald Trump are very, very different.

One was a Republican, (McCain was not a pure conservative imo though), and one was a populist who ran as a Republican. Do you see the conservative stick man in 2021? He's laughing.

Oh wow - now that's an interesting Musk tweet! I hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting.
I sure agree with both the move of center to the left and the run of the left, far further to the left - into some weird far left territory.

It was shortly right after Bush's first term when I decided to leave the Democratic Party and go Independent. Now, I don't even recognize the Democratic Party....

Some perspective... Can you relate?

FRerqQyXEAEqBQ_
Reposting the above....
I just wanted to say, I didn't support Obama, and disagree with Musk here. Obama is when the left line at least for true liberals dropped off the cliff.

Looks like Musk is going to be attacked now no matter what he does or says.
He went against the narrative of the democrats and will be made to pay a price for what he has done. Just read that the Senate Democrats may call him to testify about what his intentions are with Twitter.
Stunning....
Isn't it ironic that as soon Elon Musk purchases Twitter, this administration rolls out a disinformation board headed by a woman who pushed disinformation leading up to the 2020 election over the Hunter Biden laptop, and throughout Trump's presidency over Russia collusion? The claims she made have since been proved to be false.

I have come to the conclusion that anything derogatory to Democrats ends up being painted as "disinformation".

Talk about missing the point. The right is in the same place today as in 2008? Ridiculous.
Speaking of missing the point. I think I missed this post earlier. :)

Of course the right isn't in the same place as in 2008. But that wasn't the point Musk was trying to make. It's about his relationship to both the left and the right over the years. As the left moved further left he remained in the same relative position. He's not moving to the right. The left is moving away from him.

Isn't it ironic that as soon Elon Musk purchases Twitter, this administration rolls out a disinformation board headed by a woman who pushed disinformation leading up to the 2020 election over the Hunter Biden laptop, and throughout Trump's presidency over Russia collusion? The claims she made have since been proved to be false.

I have come to the conclusion that anything derogatory to Democrats ends up being painted as "disinformation".
What I find puzzling about this is: What the hell were our intelligence agencies doing all these years that Biden thought we needed another one?

You are 100% on the money.
They're worried and they should worry.. People are onto their zero-sum, censoring type games.

Talk about missing the point. The right is in the same place today as in 2008? Ridiculous.
I've long felt Trump policy was old school mainstream GOP policy. I know Trump greatly annoyed and bothered many, but it was his personality and not his solid policy, IMO. If anything, I think Trump was a bit to the left of previous Republican presidents.
The right is finally doing a little better at being more vocal and expressing their opinions but that's only because the left has gotten so out there that it's just not okay to remain silent about all these messes. But, in no way has the right moved right. The right has just found themselves in a position of trying to prevent that leftward trend from even more escalation - and that's got them more concerned and vocal than usual. What the left is doing and wants to do is extremely unsettling to many.

Speaking of missing the point. I think I missed this post earlier. :)

Of course the right isn't in the same place as in 2008. But that wasn't the point Musk was trying to make. It's about his relationship to both the left and the right over the years. As the left moved further left he remained in the same relative position. He's not moving to the right. The left is moving away from him.

Bingo! You get the winning prize for explaining best Musk's pov and MINE.
Wow, you nailed it. The only difference, I think the left moved away from me sooner than it did for Musk. I am probably more conservative than he is as far as the role of government. Love though that he hates wokism, and the cancel culture. A Democracy cannot survive with either.

Back
Top Bottom