• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you post from multiple computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliSciPulse

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I have two computers that I use in the same house. Problem is, sometimes I come across a political post on another site that I want to share here. Would posting from multiple computers (provided it's on-topic and abides by the other rules of the forum) be a violation of the ToS? I forget if there is a dynamic IP rule and/or if this would set off such a rule.

I have two computers that I use in the same house. Problem is, sometimes I come across a political post on another site that I want to share here. Would posting from multiple computers (provided it's on-topic and abides by the other rules of the forum) be a violation of the ToS? I forget if there is a dynamic IP rule and/or if this would set off such a rule.
So long as you log in with the same account I don't see how that could be an issue.

As long as you aren't using two different accounts.

I think most members have more than one device, desktop, laptop, smartphone, etc. As The Mark said, as long as you're using just one account here, there should be no issue. I think the Admin would encourage that, because sometimes we're not home and unable to use our home computers to join in the discussions here. Personally, I never use my smartphone for forum activity, screen too small and I usually just make calls with it.

Personally, I never use my smartphone for forum activity, screen too small and I usually just make calls with it.

Because of that tiny screen, people using smartphones can't see I am a woman and refer to me with male pronouns. I strongly discourage everyone from using them to post on a forum unless they are never home.

Because of that tiny screen, people using smartphones can't see I am a woman and refer to me with male pronouns. I strongly discourage everyone from using them to post on a forum unless they are never home.

I don't think people pay attention to the gender. Most people here are men so they just assume unless you have an avatar or name that's more feminine.

Use different browsers if you are getting hung up. As long as you log in as the same account and are not trying to create a sockpuppet, I don't think it is a problem.

...unless it's a Mac.
I am pro Mac. However, i never really got into the teamsports angle of it. I use a number of different platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom