• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Get COVID Or Any Virus By Touching Your Face? Then Why Wear A Mask?

I suppose if you understood anything about criminal law you wouldnt post something that stupid.

I assume you are a criminal lawyer? Or YOU wouldn't be posting anything stupid like YOUR comment.

If it could be shown that as a result of attending the rally people -even one person-died, would the jackass not be guilty of accessory to murder? Manslaughter, perhaps? I would think so.

I would think that you don't quite understand the legal concept of mens rea.

No, they arent stupid at all. They just arent cowards like people on the left who fear everything. They know the risks and are willing to take them. You, on the other hand, are free to hide under your bed.

They may well be quite content to "consent" to run the risk of becoming infected themselves (although for consent to be "voluntary" is has to be "informed" and there is likely to be some doubt on whether or not their "consent" is, in fact, "voluntary"), but that does not mean that they are free to expose other people to the risk of becoming infected due to the other person's exposure to them.

You, on the other hand, are quite free to believe whatever the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day is.

I suppose if you understood anything about criminal law you wouldnt post something that stupid.

From the contents of your posts, one wonders - strongly - whether the persona you have adopted obtained its "understanding about criminal law" through attendance at a recognized school of law, or a juniour college course on criminal law, or a High School course on law, or through practical exposure as a "recipient" of some "criminal law".

I'm not prepared to bet either way - but others might.

I would think that you don't quite understand the legal concept of mens rea.

I looked it up. I think manslaughter fits his crime better than accessory to murder. Here is the definition of manslaughter:

" The unintentional death of another person as a result of reckless actions, negligence, criminal activity, or any person's actions is involuntary manslaughter. There are several examples of involuntary manslaughter, from texting and driving, to using and abusing drugs, and discharging a firearm. "

Its pretty clear that the jackass knows that if rallies are held with no requirement to wear a mask or socially distance the participants, and its YOUR rally, it could be argued that you have behaved in a reckless or negligent manner. Analogy: you decide to light up a cigarette while pumping your gas. You didn't MEAN to cause the explosion that killed the people nearby, but neither did you take precautions to prevent it. There are many other analogies I could use. You get the point.

No, they arent stupid at all. They just arent cowards like people on the left who fear everything. They know the risks and are willing to take them. You, on the other hand, are free to hide under your bed.

And, at least one is now dead.

If Trump isn’t liable, why does he make people sigh waivers of liability?

I looked it up. I think manslaughter fits his crime better than accessory to murder. Here is the definition of manslaughter:

" The unintentional death of another person as a result of reckless actions, negligence, criminal activity, or any person's actions is involuntary manslaughter. There are several examples of involuntary manslaughter, from texting and driving, to using and abusing drugs, and discharging a firearm. "

Its pretty clear that the jackass knows that if rallies are held with no requirement to wear a mask or socially distance the participants, and its YOUR rally, it could be argued that you have behaved in a reckless or negligent manner. Analogy: you decide to light up a cigarette while pumping your gas. You didn't MEAN to cause the explosion that killed the people nearby, but neither did you take precautions to prevent it. There are many other analogies I could use. You get the point.

Yes, it does "fit better".

However there is likely not sufficient closeness of connection to found a charge where there is a significant likelihood of conviction.

As an example, if I am driving negligently and by so doing infuriate another driver who then takes that frustration out on a third driver by shooting and killing the third driver, the odds on any court actually convicting me of "manslaughter" roughly approximate 0.00% REGARDLESS of the fact that my negligence was what caused the second driver to kill the third driver.

And, at least one is now dead.

If Trump isn’t liable, why does he make people sigh waivers of liability?

It's elementary defensive legal practice. Once they sign the waiver, he is no longer liable. If they don't sign the waiver, then they cannot participate and there is nothing for him to be liable for.

It's elementary defensive legal practice. Once they sign the waiver, he is no longer liable. If they don't sign the waiver, then they cannot participate and there is nothing for him to be liable for.

In other words , its clear his event puts people in danger.

I guess if you wanna go with ‘negligent homicide’ instead...

Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus By Touching Your Face? Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus If You Touch Your Mask With Dirty Hands? If You Answer Yes To Either One, Then How Could You Defend The Wearing Of A Mask?

For the love of God....

Yes, you can get the virus by touching your face if you DON'T USE SANITIZER AND/OR WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you can get the virus if you touch your face mask with dirty hands, thereby possibly placing the virus on the surface of the mask...and if you touch your mask after you take it off if you DON'T USE SANITIZER AND/OR WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you have a cloth face mask that is reusable, WASH IT AFTER USE LIKE ANY OTHER ARTICLE OF CLOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the other purpose of the mask is to limit any virus or germs from spreading from YOU to others, not just to help protect yourself.

Think before you post.

200,000+ dead Americans also took the risk. How brave were they? See, in the real world most normal people don't take avoidable risks-especially with a killer pandemic. I'd rather be a live 'coward' than fighting for my life on a ventilator, or a dead moron who thought gambling with death was a sensible idea; like playing 'chicken' with a speeding train. How about you? This is what stupid looks like:

Last edited:
Yes, it does "fit better".

However there is likely not sufficient closeness of connection to found a charge where there is a significant likelihood of conviction.

As an example, if I am driving negligently and by so doing infuriate another driver who then takes that frustration out on a third driver by shooting and killing the third driver, the odds on any court actually convicting me of "manslaughter" roughly approximate 0.00% REGARDLESS of the fact that my negligence was what caused the second driver to kill the third driver.

It is not up to you or me to determine if the buffoon is liable in those situations-or just incredibly stupid. Fact is, it would likely garner more votes if it stuck with science and demonstrated that it actually cares about human lives. Of course, thats not it...it doesn't care about anyone but itself. I use "it" her because he is a lower form of life. Subhuman. And unfortunately, the jackass will never be prosecuted for manslaughter.

In other words , its clear his event puts people in danger.

I'd say that that was reasonably obvious.

I guess if you wanna go with ‘negligent homicide’ instead.

The general rules are:
  1. As long as the risk to the participant is undertaken voluntarily, then the party offering the risk is NOT "negligent".

and

2. If the participant acknowledges accepting the risk personally by executing a waiver, then the party offering the risk is NOT "liable".

The general exception to that general rule is when the party accepting the risk can prove that the party offering the risk either:
  1. deliberately and directly induced the "consent" through representations which were not only false but known to be false;

2. extracted the "consent" through threats and/or intimidation;

or

3. both;

in other words, when there was no informed and/or voluntary consent AND that that lack was due to some deliberate act of the party offering the risk.

It is not up to you or me to determine if the buffoon is liable in those situations-or just incredibly stupid. Fact is, it would likely garner more votes if it stuck with science and demonstrated that it actually cares about human lives. Of course, thats not it...it doesn't care about anyone but itself. I use "it" her because he is a lower form of life. Subhuman. And unfortunately, the jackass will never be prosecuted for manslaughter.

I always try to remember the old Latin maxim "Et stultitia est praemium suum Papaver." >>"Stupidity is its own reward and anaesthetic."<<

Back
Top Bottom