• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Get COVID Or Any Virus By Touching Your Face? Then Why Wear A Mask?

Jimmy Who

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus By Touching Your Face? Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus If You Touch Your Mask With Dirty Hands? If You Answer Yes To Either One, Then How Could You Defend The Wearing Of A Mask?

Over 80% of those who wear a mask misuse it. So the big question is, is the mask doing more harm than good? Are we preventing COVID or helping it?

Over 80% of those who wear a mask misuse it. So the big question is, is the mask doing more harm than good? Are we preventing COVID or helping it?

I agree many people misuse masks. This is primarily spread from person to person. I don't think misusing a mask is a reason not to wear them. It appears that places that have mask mandates see a decline in cases.

The decline was due to summer not mask. Which we are going to see now.

Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus By Touching Your Face? Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus If You Touch Your Mask With Dirty Hands? If You Answer Yes To Either One, Then How Could You Defend The Wearing Of A Mask?

Why Are You Capitalizing Every Word Of Your Sentence?

Jesus ****ing Christ.

It’s been SIX MONTHS into the pandemic.

Don’t you understand the mask isnt there to protect you?

It’s not like mask wearing is a new concept. Even the slow ones should have gotten the idea by now.

The mask isn't about prevention, as far as the individual case goes. It's about risk reduction. If you are clean and wear a mask, it lowers your risk a little bit. You you are infected and wear a mask, it lowers the risk of others greatly. This assumes proper wearing. Both wearing masks create a combined effect. The virus doesn't last all that long on non-organic surfaces, so touch is a limited risk medium, but still a risk, hence the extra cleaning. The distance is even more added to the overall risk reduction. And as many RPG'ers point out, no matter how good your Constitution or luck score, you can always fail your saving throw.

e
Jesus ****ing Christ.

It’s been SIX MONTHS into the pandemic.

Don’t you understand the mask isnt there to protect you?

It’s not like mask wearing is a new concept. Even the slow ones should have gotten the idea by now.
What? So by me not wearing my mask to protect you. you can wear your mask to protect others, so when you get the virus from touching your face after touching that COVID coffee lid at Circle K , you can blame me? What?

Can you get covid from people?

Worst states by cases per 1M population in order: Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Iowa, Arkansas. Notice: all red, even though it started in blue states before anyone knew anything about it. Lesson: quit with the DIY science and just wear a ^&%$ing mask and listen to the scientists. Noah's ark and your AOL "research" don't change reality.

The mask isn't about prevention, as far as the individual case goes. It's about risk reduction. If you are clean and wear a mask, it lowers your risk a little bit. You you are infected and wear a mask, it lowers the risk of others greatly. This assumes proper wearing. Both wearing masks create a combined effect. The virus doesn't last all that long on non-organic surfaces, so touch is a limited risk medium, but still a risk, hence the extra cleaning. The distance is even more added to the overall risk reduction. And as many RPG'ers point out, no matter how good your Constitution or luck score, you can always fail your saving throw.
Most people are not clean and so if they are sick with COVID, it is coming out of every pore and orifice. So everything they touch will have the virus on it, then you touch it bam you have it but all will see this soon when it gets worse, even with the masks, with no stopping it but If it makes you feel better then blame me.

Worst states by cases per 1M population in order: Louisiana, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Iowa, Arkansas. Notice: all red, even though it started in blue states before anyone knew anything about it. Lesson: quit with the DIY science and just wear a ^&%$ing mask and listen to the scientists. Noah's ark and your AOL "research" don't change reality.

g
OMG... How can someone quote test numbers that are false possitives and death numbers that are skewed. Not all scientists agree with the masks but only your scientists are right? Even if I give you the benifit of doubt a .08 % rate is not worth this.

Yes but can you get covid more from people or from what they have touched?
So gathering in large crowds maskless is a bad idea?

Most people are not clean and so if they are sick with COVID, it is coming out of every pore and orifice. So everything they touch will have the virus on it, then you touch it bam you have it but all will see this soon when it gets worse, even with the masks, with no stopping it but If it makes you feel better then blame me.
That is not how viruses work. You can't get HIV unless you are exposed to blood. it doesn't come out of every pore and orifice. Same with all the varieties of flu and cold (did you know that colds are caused by a large variety of viruses?). They are airborne viruses and are expelled from the body via breathing passages, not pores, or bowels or bladders. It's why we are taught to cough/sneeze into tissues, our elbow or whatever. And since viruses have no self locomotion, it's not like they can migrate on their own from the elbow to the hand. Granted, an infected person can sneeze into their hand and then shake someone else's within a certain time frame, and then that person can touch their face and introduce the virus, but again, that is why we are supposed to take the precautions we do.

I'll have to give you credit though. You are one of the few anti-maskers who doesn't claim the virus isn't real. You just have a nihilistic view of the mask not being an effective barrier so why bother.

g
OMG... How can someone quote test numbers that are false possitives and death numbers that are skewed. Not all scientists agree with the masks but only your scientists are right? Even if I give you the benifit of doubt a .08 % rate is not worth this.
Can you support these claims? How are the false positives being counted? What is skewing the numbers? Can you reference which scientists disagree with the masks? Where do you get your .08% rate number from?

What? So by me not wearing my mask to protect you. you can wear your mask to protect others, so when you get the virus from touching your face after touching that COVID coffee lid at Circle K , you can blame me? What?

Fomites aren’t really an issue.

We’ve known that for months.

That is not how viruses work. You can't get HIV unless you are exposed to blood. it doesn't come out of every pore and orifice. Same with all the varieties of flu and cold (did you know that colds are caused by a large variety of viruses?). They are airborne viruses and are expelled from the body via breathing passages, not pores, or bowels or bladders. It's why we are taught to cough/sneeze into tissues, our elbow or whatever. And since viruses have no self locomotion, it's not like they can migrate on their own from the elbow to the hand. Granted, an infected person can sneeze into their hand and then shake someone else's within a certain time frame, and then that person can touch their face and introduce the virus, but again, that is why we are supposed to take the precautions we do.

I'll have to give you credit though. You are one of the few anti-maskers who doesn't claim the virus isn't real. You just have a nihilistic view of the mask not being an effective barrier so why bother.
I disagree, people can spread a virus through their pores and orifices and the same people who are telling you to wear a mask are also the same ones who will say that covid can adhere to a surface for hours maybe days. So keep touching your face and mask after someone who is infected has touched that coffee cup etc. before you do, They will also base their decisions on profit and or politics, and then again not all scientists agree with yours. Some say that wearing a mask is a bad idea for the reason that most people will not use them properly, and good luck getting them too.

Back
Top Bottom