• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Get COVID Or Any Virus By Touching Your Face? Then Why Wear A Mask?

Right, you got caught making a dumb, wrong claim and so moved the goal posts to say it's GOOD we have a higher death rate than almost all of Europe. Why not start with that if that's your view? Would make things simpler, versus having to change them as your ignorance is revealed.
Dont be so desperate. My claim was correct and I stand by it. My source showed the US at 61 deaths per 100,000 and the UK at 63 which means our death rate is better. It may not be for much longer but for now my point stands and so does my argument.

And what's with the straw man bullcrap? I never claimed COVID was a death sentence for everyone which is I assume what you meant. It has been a death sentence for over 200k in the U.S. which seems like a lot, but maybe not to libertarians, and besides, most were old anyway, so who cares?
Talk about straw men. :rolleyes: It has been known from the start that this virus is a threat to the elderly with comorbidities. You do not need to shut down the entire non-essential economy to protect them. But that is what we did and that is what you advocated and defended. The hair-on-fire left has sought to create a panic out of this virus from the start and is still doing so today. Of the 200,000 dead, only 15,000 have been below the age of 55. only 6000 have been below the age of 45. Hell that many people will be shot in Chicago this year and you dont even raise an eyebrow over that. Everything with you guys is alarmism and fear mongering from this virus to global warming to all things Trump. No one should pay any attention to a thing you guys say.

And I don't choose 'fear' but not being an idiot or selfish asshole, and so I take sensible precautions and do what I can to keep my neighbors safe, by wearing a mask, etc.
I have never suggested otherwise. And if you look back at our conversations since March I have said the same thing: protect the elderly, wash your hands, keep your distance, wear a mask and go on with your life. Thankfully most of the country has adopted that prescription and left the fear mongers in the dust.

It's not as simple as merely touching your face but more specific to how and where your touch...like rubbing your eyes, your nose, touching your lips, eating with your hands, got a little scratch here and a little scratch there and so on. Plus, don't ignore the fact that far too many have bad habits like chewing fingernails or nose picking. There are 3 primary points of entry on the face - the eyes, nose, and mouth.

😂 Your country has handled it worse.

Indeed, if by "worse" you mean, the UK has

20-09-26 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG
a higher tests per million rate than the US, a lower cases per million rate than the US, a lower deaths per million rate than the US, and that a person picked at random in the UK has a lower (98.09%) chance of dying from COVID-19 than does a person picked at random in the US.

When you consider relative abilities to pay and relative per capita expenditures on healthcare

20-09-26 B2 - Death by Ability to Pay TABLE.JPG
the US comes off even worse.

However, I do agree that IF you are in the UK, and IF you contract COVID-19, THEN you have a higher chance of dying from COVID-19 than you do IF you are in the US, and IF you contract COVID-19.

Thats why you come here every day and blast us, to divert attention away from your nations own incompetence.

Possibly you might want to take a look at reality once in a while rather than being so knee-jerk, irrationally, defensive of what you mistakenly believe is superiority (a belief necessary in order to ignore reality).

Deaths are NOT rising in the US. Death rate in the UK is higher than in the US and always has been. You have simply been covering the incompetence in your country by attacking the US.

At first I couldn't actually believe you when you said "Deaths are NOT rising in the US.", but then I consulted Winston Smith (the Acting [by Presidential Decree] Director of The Federal Legal And Civil Knowledge Bureau which publishes The Current Response And Position Bulletin that **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** is what is shown in this the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day chart which shows exactly that.

20-09-26 zZ2 - DperM FLIPPED.JPG

My posts are consistent with and at the level of the leftards' here. Just going with the flow....

Yes, I am quite certain that you fully believe that your posts are witty, intelligent, informative, and thoughtful.

Yes, I am quite certain that you fully believe that your posts are witty, intelligent, informative, and thoughtful.
No, just the opposite. My posts are embarrassing and I should under normal circumstances be ashamed. But these are not normal times and this forum is not a normal place.

The leftards here, like that idiot who accused Trump of murdering 200,000 Americans with hardly any reaction except from me, removed any desire on my part to be witty, intelligent, informative, thoughtful, and rational.

It would be like going to a zoo, as entertaining is it may be, and trying to reason with the monkeys. Or, better yet, trying to have an intelligent conversation with the white screaming BLM morons.

Anything else?

No, just the opposite. My posts are embarrassing and I should under normal circumstances be ashamed. But these are not normal times and this forum is not a normal place.

The leftards here, like that idiot who accused Trump of murdering 200,000 Americans with hardly any reaction except from me, removed any desire on my part to be witty, intelligent, informative, thoughtful, and rational.

It would be like going to a zoo, as entertaining is it may be, and trying to reason with the monkeys. Or, better yet, trying to have an intelligent conversation with the white screaming BLM morons.

Anything else?

Not in the least. Your admission that your posts are neither witty, intelligent, informative, thoughtful, nor rational is quite sufficient.

Not in the least. Your admission that your posts are neither witty, intelligent, informative, thoughtful, nor rational is quite sufficient.
I made an effort to make them that way, and believe me it wasn't easy.
To post like that moron who accused Trump of genocide takes some determination.

I made an effort to make them that way, and believe me it wasn't easy.
To post like that moron who accused Trump of genocide takes some determination.

Not genocide. That is not the correct term. Manslaughter is the correct term since there was likely no intent to murder tens of thousands of Americans.

Indeed, if by "worse" you mean, the UK has

a higher tests per million rate than the US, a lower cases per million rate than the US, a lower deaths per million rate than the US, and that a person picked at random in the UK has a lower (98.09%) chance of dying from COVID-19 than does a person picked at random in the US.

When you consider relative abilities to pay and relative per capita expenditures on healthcare

the US comes off even worse.

However, I do agree that IF you are in the UK, and IF you contract COVID-19, THEN you have a higher chance of dying from COVID-19 than you do IF you are in the US, and IF you contract COVID-19.

Possibly you might want to take a look at reality once in a while rather than being so knee-jerk, irrationally, defensive of what you mistakenly believe is superiority (a belief necessary in order to ignore reality).
Quite posting these same dopey charts and making dopey arguments. The US is 5 times the size of the UK. So their 42000 deaths equate to 210,000 if you adjust for population. The fact is our results have been almost identical to theirs with them still holding a slight 'worse' advantage.

Not genocide. That is not the correct term. Manslaughter is the correct term since there was likely no intent to murder tens of thousands of Americans.
Thats equally moronic

Quite posting these same dopey charts and making dopey arguments. The US is 5 times the size of the UK. So their 42000 deaths equate to 210,000 if you adjust for population. The fact is our results have been almost identical to theirs with them still holding a slight 'worse' advantage.
I will quit posting those charts when the need to educate the mindless followers of "Claque Trump" (there are SOME followers of "Claque Trump" who are not mindless) no longer exists.

As this table

20-09-26 zA4 - G8+China NORMALIZED.JPG

clearly shows, once you normalize for population, the UK has 28.48% of the number of cases that the US has and 98.08% of the number of deaths that the US has.

As this table

20-09-26 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

clearly shows, the UK is conducting around 1.10 times as many tests per million than the US is, the UK has around 0.28 times the number of cases per million that the US has, the UK has around 0.98 times the number of deaths per million that the US has, and a person picked at random in the UK has around 0.2203 times the chance of dying from COVID-19 that a person picked at random that a person picked at random in the US has.

You might not realize it, but ALL of those metrics favour the UK.

The only metric that does not favour the UK is the fact that a person who actually catches COVID-19 in the UK has around 3.44 times the chance of dying from it than a person who actually catches COVID-19 in the US does.

I realize that it is essential to preserve the belief that the United States of America is inestimably superior to all other nations in all matters to concentrate solely on the one measure out of seven that shows the US in a favorable light, but if you were taking seven subjects in school and only actually passed one of them, would you consider that you had received an "earned pass" or a "social pass" if you were promoted from Grade 9 to Grade 10?

PS - You might want to consider this chart

20-09-26 zZ1- DperM.JPG
before saying that the number of deaths in the US is doing what you say it is doing (that is to say "going down").

PPS - Aren't the "weekend dips" interesting? They don't prove anything, but aren't they interesting.

You guys who think its too inconvenient to wear a mask for the benefit of others are like two year old children: "....but I WANT it.....I WANT it....and no one is going to tell me I can't HAVE it". You all obviously failed second grade-where children were taught to share and play nice with each other. You should go back to school and repeat second grade. Pathetic attitude.
You Know, If you feel the need to follow, instead of thinking with fear? Then you should have started way before covid. Did you know that you were walking around without a mask years before covid, spreading other viruses, (Killing People). What changed you? Someone told you to wear it? Yeah! So why tell me to wear one, so i can be like you? The numbers don't justify wearing one now or then.

How bout ‘criminal neglect’?

If you need an example, look no farther than Herman Cain.
Herman Cain was an adult fully aware of the dangers and he chose to go. He was killed by a virus, not the president. Claiming the opposite is stupid no matter how hard you try.

So according to that math, the US has done better with Covid than 51 countries. I can name one of those pathetic countries that have done a worse job than the US in handling the virus: Yours. Yet you still have the nerve to show up here and criticize the US for its handling of the virus. 😂

According to John Hopkins taking in consideration population The USA is the middle of the top 20 with Covid deaths.

We rank number 11 with 2.9 of our population.

Mortality in the most affected countries
For the twenty countries currently most affected by COVID-19 worldwide, the bars in the chart below show the number of deaths either per 100 confirmed cases (observed case-fatality ratio) or per 100,000 population (this represents a country’s general population, with both confirmed cases and healthy people). Countries at the top of this figure have the most deaths proportionally to their COVID-19 cases or population, not necessarily the most deaths overall.

Last edited:
Herman Cain was an adult fully aware of the dangers and he chose to go. He was killed by a virus, not the president. Claiming the opposite is stupid no matter how hard you try.

A virus that the President admittedly downplayed and ignored, which contributed to his death.

A virus that the President admittedly downplayed and ignored, which contributed to his death.
Of course you pick up every left wing talking point there is and puke it out. The rally was in JUne. Everyone knew what this virus was months earlier. If you want to pretend you were still ignorant by then, fine. I might believe that.

You know what the CDC says about masks: its the same thing that every intelligent expert says about them. They work to reduce but not totally prevent the spread of Covid 19.
And I will tell you one more thing about masks: the IHME model was updated yesterday. They are now predicting over THREE THOUSAND DEATHS PER DAY in this country (SIX THOUSAND death per day if mandates continue easing) beginning on Dec 28. They also predict that that number could be reduced to a still horrible number of 1000 deaths per day if everyone used a mask when appropriate.
Its not that difficult. Wear a mask....do it for your neighbors, your friends, and your family.
But "freedom!". Sadly you'll never persuade idiot libertarians that good advice isn't a violation of their 'liberty'. They are firmly convinced that mandating masks and social distancing is the slippery slope to, *gasp*, communism. Yes, they really are that stupid.

Very good, and the UK has 8x the density of population of the US. Don't worry though, you're still in the lead...

Of course you pick up every left wing talking point there is and puke it out. The rally was in JUne. Everyone knew what this virus was months earlier. If you want to pretend you were still ignorant by then, fine. I might believe that.

I know.

And the idiot had a giant rally with no masks and social distancing!

That’s...criminal neglect.

Yes, the idiots who attended (and still attend to this day) are abjectly stupid.

But Trump is enabling and taking advantage of those idiots and deliberately designing an event that is causing spread.

According to John Hopkins taking in consideration population The USA is the middle of the top 20 with Covid deaths.

We rank number 11 with 2.9 of our population.

Mortality in the most affected countries
For the twenty countries currently most affected by COVID-19 worldwide, the bars in the chart below show the number of deaths either per 100 confirmed cases (observed case-fatality ratio) or per 100,000 population (this represents a country’s general population, with both confirmed cases and healthy people). Countries at the top of this figure have the most deaths proportionally to their COVID-19 cases or population, not necessarily the most deaths overall.

There is a slight problem with "Deaths per Million". If you look at the Johns Hopkins data you will see that San Marino's "Deaths per Million" is double that of the US and that San Marino managed to achieve that distinction by having a grand total of 42 people die from COVID-19. Andora's "Deaths per Million" is just about 10% higher than that of the US and the Andorans managed to achieve that distinction by having a grand total of 53 people dying from COVID-19.

There are actually two factors to be considered

1. what is the chance of catching COVID-19;

and
  2. what is the chance of dying due to COVID-19 if you do catch it.

When you look at those factors you then end up with the relative chance of dying (as shown in column 11)

20-09-27 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG
which is likely to be a more realistic comparison.

I know.

Yes, the idiots who attended (and still attend to this day) are abjectly stupid.

But Trump is enabling and taking advantage of those idiots and deliberately designing an event that is causing spread.

If it could be shown that as a result of attending the rally people -even one person-died, would the jackass not be guilty of accessory to murder? Manslaughter, perhaps? I would think so.

I know.

No, they arent stupid at all. They just arent cowards like people on the left who fear everything. They know the risks and are willing to take them. You, on the other hand, are free to hide under your bed.

If it could be shown that as a result of attending the rally people -even one person-died, would the jackass not be guilty of accessory to murder? Manslaughter, perhaps? I would think so.
I suppose if you understood anything about criminal law you wouldnt post something that stupid.

Back
Top Bottom