• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Get COVID Or Any Virus By Touching Your Face? Then Why Wear A Mask?

Who wouldn't "blast" your so-called response? It's pathetically inadequate-just like the feckless, semi-literate moron you elected who can't do much more than flap his arms around like a confused performing seal. Unlike you Trump fanboys I prefer to celebrate success, not dismal failure.
😂 Your country has handled it worse. Thats why you come here every day and blast us, to divert attention away from your nations own incompetence.

Who wouldn't "blast" your so-called response? It's pathetically inadequate-just like the feckless, semi-literate moron you elected who can't do much more than flap his arms around like a confused performing seal. Unlike you Trump fanboys I prefer to celebrate success, not dismal failure.
😂 Your country has handled it worse. Thats why you come here every day and blast us, to divert attention away from your nations own incompetence.
[/QUOTE]
Explain then why all your rates of death and infection are accelerating off the charts while ours, and those of Europe in general are doing the opposite. America is failing. Own it.

Explain then why all your rates of death and infection are accelerating off the charts while ours, and those of Europe in general are doing the opposite. America is failing. Own it.
Ours arent accelerating, yours are. Most of Europe is seeing a spike in the virus

Ours arent accelerating, yours are. Most of Europe is seeing a spike in the virus

What colur is the sky on Planet Denial? You have the worst record of deaths and rates of infection in the world. Yes, we have localised spikes and are dealing with them accordingly. The US, meanwhile, prefers to engage in political point-scoring and blame-shifting.

What colur is the sky on Planet Denial? You have the worst record of deaths and rates of infection in the world. Yes, we have localised spikes and are dealing with them accordingly. The US, meanwhile, prefers to engage in political point-scoring and blame-shifting.

Your pathetic country still has a higher death rate than ours and your cases are rising. Those are facts on this planet. Deal with it.

Here's some reality for you. UK death rates are falling steadily. Those in the US are rising steadily.

Deaths are NOT rising in the US. Death rate in the UK is higher than in the US and always has been. You have simply been covering the incompetence in your country by attacking the US.

Deaths are NOT rising in the US. Death rate in the UK is higher than in the US and always has been. You have simply been covering the incompetence in your country by attacking the US.
Stop lying; I presented evidence from the CDC. Whine at them.
"These percentages [of deaths] will likely increase as more death certificates are processed"

What does the CDC say about masks?

You know what the CDC says about masks: its the same thing that every intelligent expert says about them. They work to reduce but not totally prevent the spread of Covid 19.
And I will tell you one more thing about masks: the IHME model was updated yesterday. They are now predicting over THREE THOUSAND DEATHS PER DAY in this country (SIX THOUSAND death per day if mandates continue easing) beginning on Dec 28. They also predict that that number could be reduced to a still horrible number of 1000 deaths per day if everyone used a mask when appropriate.
Its not that difficult. Wear a mask....do it for your neighbors, your friends, and your family.

Just the opposite. They do harm to the wearer when they are used PROPERLY.

HOG WASH!

That is why I never do.

No, you don't wear a mask because you are gullible and have been misled by people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

My nose is always exposed because I discovered earlier this year that this is how I breathe.

You just this year discovered that you breathe through your nose?

I'm floored.

And I don't give a crap how anyone feels ...

That much is perfectly obvious.

...since I don't sneeze or cough.

Not ever?

When I have to, I cover the holes this stuff is coming out of - just as I was raised to do decades ago.

Did you know that

1. the infectious material can be exhaled during normal breathing;
  2. exhaled infectious material can "ricochet" off your hands when you cover a cough or sneeze;
  3. the infectious material that ends up on your hands when you cover a cough or sneeze can be deposited on the surfaces you next touch;
- probably not.

Good point and if you, cough and sneeze long enough into a mask it will become wet to cause fungi and bacteria, causing someone to go to the hospital, (you know those things that we are trying to prevent people from going to by wearing a mask), where they will be diagnosed with covid.

Like your underwear, you should change your mask when it gets soiled (or daily [whichever comes first]) and then you should wash it before you put it on again.

Is that too difficult a concept to grasp?

No, you don't wear a mask because you are gullible and have been misled by people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
I don't wear a mask when it's not absolutely required hoping to infect as many leftards as possible to change the results of the upcoming elections.

Just like the Russian trolls did in 2016, while Obongo watched and did nothing.

Like your underwear, you should change your mask when it gets soiled (or daily [whichever comes first]) and then you should wash it before you put it on again.

Is that too difficult a concept to grasp?
I was just about to reply and then I noticed that Canadian flag....

I don't wear a mask when it's not absolutely required hoping to infect as many leftards as possible to change the results of the upcoming elections.

Oh look.

A post that literally screams ‘PUT ME ON IGNORE’.

Attention whores are gonna whore.

The death rate in the UK is worse than ours yet you come here every day and blast our response to Covid. Unfreakingbelievable. NOt only that, but your country is headed in the wrong direction. So put down your stones, go back to your glass house and crawl back under your bed where its safe.

Indeed, the "mortality rates" (Columns 9 and 10) in the UK is worse than that in the US. However, since the chance of infection in the UK is so much lower than it is in the US (Column 6) the chance of a person picked at random in the UK dying from COVID-19 is only 98.499% that of a person picked at random in the US dying from COVID-19.

20-09-25 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

In fact, if the current trends continue, within a couple of weeks that chance will be down under 95% (and continuing to fall)

20-09-25 B2 - Death by Ability to Pay TABLE.JPG

And, when you start looking at relative abilities to pay for fighting COVID-19 and/or relative expenditures on healthcare per capita, you can see that the US most certainly isn't "punching up to its own weight".

On the other hand, I do realize that there are some psyches that are so fragile that they have to totally ignore anything which has even the slightest chance of even remotely conflicting with their unrealistic beliefs.

Speaking of trolls.....you pretty much define the word. I would love to be the guy to report your actions to the police if I found you disobeying mask mandates.
Have you considered applying to the camp I am creating for individuals who think they have the right to endanger other citizens? I will give your application top priority.

Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus By Touching Your Face? Can You Get COVID Or Any Other Virus If You Touch Your Mask With Dirty Hands? If You Answer Yes To Either One, Then How Could You Defend The Wearing Of A Mask?

If you still need to ask about the above the question is why? Surely there is a plethora of information out there for you to read. Do you really not know or is it just a question to challenge the use of a mask? If you don't think a mask is helpful why ask? You clearly won't wear one. Would you think you could convince others one way or the other not to wear masks?

It all begins and ends with your decision to wear or not wear a mask. I tell you what, no one can force you to do a thing but if you sneeze, cough or breath on someone without wearing a mask, just common courtesy alone would dictate you are a jerk. That's not a complicated concept. Achoo.

Cases are rising throughout Europe including the UK and yes, the UK has a higher death rate than we do. Sorry if that destroys your false narrative.

Indeed, and Canada has a higher mortality rate than the US does (Canada 6.70% and US 4.47%).

On the other hand the US has a higher infection rate than Canada does (Canada 3,942.65/million and US 21,684.95/million).

The net result of those two figures is that a person picked at random in Canada has 39.06% the chance of dying from COVID-19 than a person picked at random in the US does.

Although "spot figures" are not all that useful, you might be interested to know that

20-09-25 E3 - Current SPOT Daily Death Ratios TABLE.JPG
the US performance on that basis is not exactly stellar.

I was just about to reply and then I noticed that Canadian flag....

I see, so as soon as you saw that the comment was coming from someone who has sense enough to change their underwear frequently you decided that you didn't want to engage in any debate - is that it?

Deaths per million:
USA - 627
UK - 616

Which number is higher? That's the problem. We used to have better results than most places in Europe, but the steady death toll in the U.S. and getting the virus under control in much of the EU means we keep moving up the rankings. In the EU, only Belgium and Spain are now worse. We're trying like heck for that "We're Number 1!!" spot in deaths per million!

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.57.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.58.39 AM.png

Deaths per million:
USA - 627
UK - 616

Which number is higher? That's the problem. We used to have better results than most places in Europe, but the steady death toll in the U.S. and getting the virus under control in much of the EU means we keep moving up the rankings. In the EU, only Belgium and Spain are now worse. We're trying like heck for that "We're Number 1!!" spot in deaths per million!

View attachment 67296450View attachment 67296451
One of the factors that is keeping the US comparative numbers as low as they are is the fact that the US is doing a very good job of testing.

20-09-25 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

Only the UK and Russia are doing anywhere near as well (Russia is between 95% and 100% of the US and the UK is 105+% of the US).

A different way of looking at the numbers is to "normalize" the populations (adjust the number of cases, number of deaths, and number or recoveries to what they would be if the countries had the same population as the US but were still having the same success ratios as they are having now). If you do that, you get the "normalized numbers" in columns 7, 9, and 11) and then expressed as percentages of the US numbers in columns 8, 10, and 12.

20-09-25 zA4 - G8+China NORMALIZED.JPG

In fact, if it weren't for the numbers for France, the US would be standing well atop the pyramid of "Worst Performers"..

Deaths per million:
USA - 627
UK - 616

View attachment 67296450View attachment 67296451
So what you are saying is that in spite of us being led by the bad Orange Man, we are only just now, after 7 months of the virus and after we have basically decided that avoiding a Depression is the most sensible strategy, catching up to the incompetence of the Europeans. The fact is, the goal was never zero infections and zero deaths. It was to flatten the curve. We have done that and we are now going on with our lives despite the fearmongering from the insane, hateful left. Getting the virus is not a death sentence no matter how hard the anti science left rants to the contrary. If you want to live in fear, hide under your bed. I choose living, you choose fear. So be it.

I hope that you realize that your "response" amounts to an admission against interest with respect to any criminal and/or civil charges which may be brought against you.

On the other hand, cave-dwelling beings that are often depicted as either giants or dwarves (and typically having a very ugly appearance) often don't care about such things.

I hope that you realize that your "response" amounts to an admission against interest with respect to any criminal and/or civil charges which may be brought against you.

On the other hand, cave-dwelling beings that are often depicted as either giants or dwarves (and typically having a very ugly appearance) often don't care about such things.
My posts are consistent with and at the level of the leftards' here. Just going with the flow....

So what you are saying is that in spite of us being led by the bad Orange Man, we are only just now, after 7 months of the virus and after we have basically decided that avoiding a Depression is the most sensible strategy, catching up to the incompetence of the Europeans. The fact is, the goal was never zero infections and zero deaths. It was to flatten the curve. We have done that and we are now going on with our lives despite the fearmongering from the insane, hateful left. Getting the virus is not a death sentence no matter how hard the anti science left rants to the contrary. If you want to live in fear, hide under your bed. I choose living, you choose fear. So be it.

Right, you got caught making a dumb, wrong claim and so moved the goal posts to say it's GOOD we have a higher death rate than almost all of Europe. Why not start with that if that's your view? Would make things simpler, versus having to change them as your ignorance is revealed.

And what's with the straw man bullcrap? I never claimed COVID was a death sentence for everyone which is I assume what you meant. It has been a death sentence for over 200k in the U.S. which seems like a lot, but maybe not to libertarians, and besides, most were old anyway, so who cares? And I don't choose 'fear' but not being an idiot or selfish asshole, and so I take sensible precautions and do what I can to keep my neighbors safe, by wearing a mask, etc.

Back
Top Bottom