• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can You Get COVID Or Any Virus By Touching Your Face? Then Why Wear A Mask?

OMG, like I said next time you go to a store because that is all you do with a mask on, and ask the employees there if it is required of them to wear a mask? Then call some places that provide the things you buy in a store and ask them if they require a mask to work there and then ask the employees that are in that 100 degree warehouse how it feels to wear a mask in that for at least 4hrs without a break? Then let me know how the outside wold is?
Getting accustomed to wearing a mask is less difficult to get used to than wearing a shirt or jeans in 100 degree heat. People get used to it pretty quickly when they have no other choice.

Is this a joke? You think England is headed in the wrong direction and, presumably, America is not? I will only say that we are getting what we deserve for electing a donkey as president.
Actually we're getting exactly what we don't deserve due to the shear ignorance of the asinine people that are supporting him while rejecting science.

Getting accustomed to wearing a mask is less difficult to get used to than wearing a shirt or jeans in 100 degree heat. People get used to it pretty quickly when they have no other choice.
Well said from someone that doesn't have to do it.

Well said from someone that doesn't have to do it.
Suck it up little buttercup, it could mean the life of someone that's undergoing cancer treatment or a child with Neuroblastoma. It could even keep a 67 year old senior off a respirator. Aren't their lives worth a little discomfort and inconvenience for you?

Suck it up little buttercup, it could mean the life of someone that's undergoing cancer treatment or a child with Neuroblastoma. It could even keep a 67 year old senior off a respirator. Aren't their lives worth a little discomfort and inconvenience for you?
How about keeping the boy, the 67-year-old, and the cancer patient in a safe place, instead of telling everyone else to wear a mask?

How about keeping the boy, the 67-year-old, and the cancer patient in a safe place, instead of telling everyone else to wear a mask?
Oh and if I am the buttercup how come I am not the one in fear?

What about their spouse, parent, friend, neighbor and siblings that you come into contact with? They may not actually get really sick if they get it from you, but they may pass that virus to those in their family, the ones that will die if they get it.

What about their spouse, parent, friend, neighbor and siblings that you come into contact with? They may not actually get really sick if they get it from you, but they may pass that virus to those in their family, the ones that will die if they get it.
Some people are more going to be more susceptible to getting all kinds of germs, viruses, and other things that can hurt them, and the best way to help prevent this is to make yourself as healthy as you can because there will always be something out there to harm you but don't expect everyone else to so call suck it up buttercup. With life, there is death. So live life to the fullest everyday because you never know what tomorrow will bring. If you live life in fear? Stay home and don't expect everyone else to.

Some people are more going to be more susceptible to getting all kinds of germs, viruses, and other things that can hurt them, and the best way to help prevent this is to make yourself as healthy as you can because there will always be something out there to harm you but don't expect everyone else to so call suck it up buttercup. With life, there is death. So live life to the fullest everyday because you never know what tomorrow will bring. If you live life in fear? Stay home and don't expect everyone else to.
Be free little butterfly, go out and yell into crowds and inhale their replies deeply into your lungs. I recommend the 'free air' in Texas, Florida, Ohio, S. Dakota or Wisconsin. 'Live free or and die' .... really? Is this your choice?

I've directed a question to you. What happens when a child going through chemotherapy for cancer and is kept nice and safe indoors but his father works a job, his mother goes out to the store to buy groceries? What if you infect them and they carry it back to their child who will die as a result? Have you no concern or care for other human beings?

Did that, here in AZ for about 3mo did not work, now they are back open why, because they can't pay people to stay home.
Congratulations on completely scrambling events to fit your preferred narrative. :rolleyes:

Arizona relaxed its restrictions in the spring, which resulted in a surge of cases. Various cities in AZ reinstated social distancing and issued mask mandates in early June (despite the governor's initial distaste for mandates), and a few weeks later case numbers started to fall.

They've inched up a little bit in the last few weeks, but the number is still low overall, and nowhere near the early June peak.

Masks work. They don't provide 100% protection on their own, but there is no question at this point that they are more than effective enough that mandates are fully justified while the virus is still circulating and effective vaccines are still in the pipeline. And it's no more an imposition on anyone's liberties than seatbelt laws.

Just get over it, kthx.

91-DIVOC-states-Arizona.png

I've directed a question to you. What happens when a child going through chemotherapy for cancer and is kept nice and safe indoors but his father works a job, his mother goes out to the store to buy groceries? What if you infect them and they carry it back to their child who will die as a result? Have you no concern or care for other human beings?
Tell the father not to go to work and the mother to have the groceries sent to the house, because that is what you are doing to someone when you close business but the only difference is that there will be no groceries because there will be no money.

Tell the father not to go to work and the mother to have the groceries sent to the house, because that is what you are doing to someone when you close business but the only difference is that there will be no groceries because there will be no money.
So you're advising a father who is stuck with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills to stop working, is this correct? And you're asking the mother never to take her child out of the house to get their bi-weekly chemotherapy infusion, right? It sounds as though you would have everyone in the country to stay inside of their homes and quit their jobs just so people like you can refuse to wear a mask. The one valid point you've made is that there will be no groceries with no money. That can have some negative effect, wouldn't you agree?

Congratulations on completely scrambling events to fit your preferred narrative. :rolleyes:

Arizona relaxed its restrictions in the spring, which resulted in a surge of cases. Various cities in AZ reinstated social distancing and issued mask mandates in early June (despite the governor's initial distaste for mandates), and a few weeks later case numbers started to fall.

They've inched up a little bit in the last few weeks, but the number is still low overall, and nowhere near the early June peak.

Masks work. They don't provide 100% protection on their own, but there is no question at this point that they are more than effective enough that mandates are fully justified while the virus is still circulating and effective vaccines are still in the pipeline. And it's no more an imposition on anyone's liberties than seatbelt laws.

Just get over it, kthx.

View attachment 67296365
Uh, yeah, when you take people away from other people a lot of death will go away but you can't do it long enough to stop it indefinitely. It will now go up now.

So you're advising a father who is stuck with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills to stop working, is this correct? And you're asking the mother never to take her child out of the house to get their bi-weekly chemotherapy infusion, right? It sounds as though you would have everyone in the country to stay inside of their homes and quit their jobs just so people like you can refuse to wear a mask. The one valid point you've made is that there will be no groceries with no money. That can have some negative effect, wouldn't you agree?
What? I am asking why you think the father of the child needs his job more than the ones that you and others have closed because you think by doing so will help prevent covid?

Uh, yeah, when you take people away from other people a lot of death will go away but you can't do it long enough to stop it indefinitely. It will now go up now.
Then you are not understanding infection transmission. Let me put it this way, maybe you can conceptualize it if I make it simple.

Joe goes to work, he works in a factory with 1,000 employees. Joe doesn't know it, but he's a host carrier of Covid-19. Joe feels fine, a little tired maybe perhaps even a headache, but no biggie, not sick enough to call out of work. So he has lunch with 20 others during lunch break and all this time Joe is shedding virus cells. Yes, cell shedding is a real thing. Five of those he has lunch with inhale those virus cells because they were just talking too loud, laughing at jokes, whatever. Now five men have that virus and they will bring it to five more. In less one month there will be 750 or more people infected with Covid-19. Some will not become sick, but 7 of them will, and it will be bad, they may even die.

If Joe wore a mask, the chance of those first five men becoming infected would be extremely low, particulary if they social distanced during lunch and wore a mask during their shift. In the end 7 people would have died as a direct result of Joe's carelessness.

Then you are not understanding infection transmission. Let me put it this way, maybe you can conceptualize it if I make it simple.

Joe goes to work, he works in a factory with 1,000 employees. Joe doesn't know it, but he's a host carrier of Covid-19. Joe feels fine, a little tired maybe perhaps even a headache, but no biggie, not sick enough to call out of work. So he has lunch with 20 others during lunch break and all this time Joe is shedding virus cells. Yes, cell shedding is a real thing. Five of those he has lunch with inhale those virus cells because they were just talking too loud, laughing at jokes, whatever. Now five men have that virus and they will bring it to five more. In less one month there will be 750 or more people infected with Covid-19. Some will not become sick, but 7 of them will, and it will be bad, they may even die.

If Joe wore a mask, the chance of those first five men becoming infected would be extremely low, particulary if they social distanced during lunch and wore a mask during their shift. In the end 7 people would have died as a direct result of Joe's carelessness.
Again, it goes back to if you believe that covid can adhere itself to objects and that most people who wear a mask will touch there covid infected face and mask, then will can pass it on to that object? I do.

Again, it goes back to if you believe that covid can adhere itself to objects and that most people who wear a mask will touch there covid infected face and mask, then will can pass it on to that object? I do.
What I believe is meaningless, what global science has proven without a doubt that Covid-19 remains on inanimate surfaces. Depending on the surface whether it's cardboard, metal or plastic, they know how long it survives. I touch the outside of my mask when I put it on, I make certain that the little bar that goes over the nose is molded close to the top of my nose, I adjust it to make certain it covers below my chin. A person touching the outside of their own mask is not a big concern.

Actually we're getting exactly what we don't deserve due to the shear ignorance of the asinine people that are supporting him while rejecting science.

This country elected him. We were fools, collectively. You reap what you sow. Lets make sure we aren't fooled again.

What I believe is meaningless, what global science has proven without a doubt that Covid-19 remains on inanimate surfaces. Depending on the surface whether it's cardboard, metal or plastic, they know how long it survives. I touch the outside of my mask when I put it on, I make certain that the little bar that goes over the nose is molded close to the top of my nose, I adjust it to make certain it covers below my chin. A person touching the outside of their own mask is not a big concern.
But if you believe that covid can adhere to a surface, then can it adhere to a mask? If yes? Then can someone wearing that mask touch it and pass it to another surface? If the answer to that is yes then can it be passed from that surface to someone and if yes then the mask makes people touch there face and mask more often.

But if you believe that covid can adhere to a surface, then can it adhere to a mask? If yes? Then can someone wearing that mask touch it and pass it to another surface? If the answer to that is yes then can it be passed from that surface to someone and if yes then the mask makes people touch there face and mask more often.
Okay, I've had enough of you. Go forth and shed your cells. Just begone from my sight.

judgejudy.gifjudgejudy.gifjudgejudy.gifjudgejudy.gifjudgejudy.gifjudgejudy.gif

You guys who think its too inconvenient to wear a mask for the benefit of others are like two year old children: "....but I WANT it.....I WANT it....and no one is going to tell me I can't HAVE it". You all obviously failed second grade-where children were taught to share and play nice with each other. You should go back to school and repeat second grade. Pathetic attitude.

"Irresponsible" Sweden. No masks, no quarantine, no corona-paranoia. No deaths.
1752039_1_o.png

Citation needed.
Europe.
The death rate in the UK is worse than ours yet you come here every day and blast our response to Covid. Unfreakingbelievable. NOt only that, but your country is headed in the wrong direction. So put down your stones, go back to your glass house and crawl back under your bed where its safe.
Who wouldn't "blast" your so-called response? It's pathetically inadequate-just like the feckless, semi-literate moron you elected who can't do much more than flap his arms around like a confused performing seal. Unlike you Trump fanboys I prefer to celebrate success, not dismal failure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom