• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you be saved by faith alone?

It makes it so much easier. Yet, there have been many times when only one in an existing relationship have converted and God is able to work in that relationship where He is still glorified. Difficult, but with God nothing is impossible.
Yep, been there, done that and got the t-shirt to prove it...it's not easy...I guess you know I meant Paul, not Pail... :giggle:

Yep, been there, done that and got the t-shirt to prove it...it's not easy...I guess you know I meant Paul, not Pail... :giggle:
I didn’t need my Cracker Jack decoder ring to figure it out. ;)

Sure they can...but there is no salvation in works alone...
Actually, that goes against traditional Catholic teaching, my background. I was taught in catechism of "baptism of blood" and "baptism of desire." The former: in an old 50s sword and sandal film, atheist Romans realize the truth of Christianity and go to their deaths in the arena without being baptized. They were saved by that theory. The latter: applied to those who lead righteous lives but never heard of Jesus or his message. It was the convenient way the Church reconciled the mandate to baptize everyone with the reality that it might not be possible and of course, the problem of who died before Jesus.

Actually, that goes against traditional Catholic teaching, my background. I was taught in catechism of "baptism of blood" and "baptism of desire." The former: in an old 50s sword and sandal film, atheist Romans realize the truth of Christianity and go to their deaths in the arena without being baptized. They were saved by that theory. The latter: applied to those who lead righteous lives but never heard of Jesus or his message. It was the convenient way the Church reconciled the mandate to baptize everyone with the reality that it might not be possible and of course, the problem of who died before Jesus.
Actually, that teaching goes against what the Bible teaches...

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life... The one who exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; the one who disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him." John 3:16,36

It requires accurate knowledge of Jesus Christ and Jehovah God in order to have faith...

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." John 17:3

Good deeds are important.

You cannot earn your way to heaven. Because God is love, only people who love Him are granted entry into His kingdom, whether they do good deeds or not.

Of course good deeds are important for other reasons. God wants people to do good deeds. But that is because (James 2:26) "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."

You cannot earn your way to heaven. Because God is love, only people who love Him are granted entry into His kingdom, whether they do good deeds or not.

Of course good deeds are important for other reasons. God wants people to do good deeds. But that is because (James 2:26) "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."
Can you love God and deliberately refuse to do what He commands?

Can you love God and deliberately refuse to do what He commands?

No way. The first commandment is LOVE GOD. If you choose to disobey any other command, you do not love God.

Back
Top Bottom