• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Ukraine win?

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I listened to a little of those two idiots that took over the Rush Limbaugh show this morning and now I'm wondering how many people feel like those defeatist dumb asses do.
They think if Ukraine starts to win Putin will use tactical nukes and the Ukraine along with the world will back down. If that is your attitude I'd have to ask why support Ukraine at all? Why not just hand Putin the keys to Ukraine and the rest of Europe too while you're at it?
Damn I miss Rush.

Rush was a blight on America.

No, I don't think Putin will use tactical nukes if he starts to lose. Even if he does, it wouldn't make not supporting Ukraine the right course. Fear-mongering in favor of Putin is the Russian-thing to do. I'm surprised you don't get that right now...give it time, the right wing will keep floating trial balloons to try and figure out how to get its base to support Putin. Maybe at some point they will realize its a lost cause and reverse course...always sad to see them try so hard to put party over country on important issues.

Given that West is not going to militarily support Ukraine (beyond supplying weapons) I don't see how Ukraine can win in the next year. Maybe after 10-20 years of Afghan like resistance or after Putin dies and new Russian government is tired of years-long-conflict?

Rush was a blight on America.

No, I don't think Putin will use tactical nukes if he starts to lose. Even if he does, it wouldn't make not supporting Ukraine the right course. Fear-mongering in favor of Putin is the Russian-thing to do. I'm surprised you don't get that right now...give it time, the right wing will keep floating trial balloons to try and figure out how to get its base to support Putin. Maybe at some point they will realize its a lost cause and reverse course...always sad to see them try so hard to put party over country on important issues.
Russian military doctrine supposedly is "escalate to de escalate" and that is why these guys think Putin will go nuke if he's losing. They may be right but we can't submit to that fear or we will never stand up to Russian imperialism. I hear people on both sides of the isle expressing this sentiment of Ukraine can't win though. Biden seems to fall into that group with his constant " fear of escalation " rhetoric.

They think if Ukraine starts to win Putin will use tactical nukes and the Ukraine along with the world will back down.
Who would Putin use tactical nukes on? Ukraine ?!!? That would sort of defeat his purpose for being there.
Putin - Russia - cannot "lose" a conventional war with Ukraine. They can only arrive at the same conclusion the Soviets did in Afghanistan, coincidentally the same conclusion we came to in Afghanistan - which is that it just isn't worth it any more.

Finding the best way to teach Putin that lesson as quickly as possible is the goal of the economic alliances against him.

I listened to a little of those two idiots that took over the Rush Limbaugh show this morning and now I'm wondering how many people feel like those defeatist dumb asses do.
They think if Ukraine starts to win Putin will use tactical nukes and the Ukraine along with the world will back down. If that is your attitude I'd have to ask why support Ukraine at all? Why not just hand Putin the keys to Ukraine and the rest of Europe too while you're at it?
Damn I miss Rush.
Ukraine will start to win.

Biden's administration sure as hell thinks Putin will used nukes, and they are backing off of any meaningful intervention because they're scared on the man.

Damn I miss Rush.
1. Putin won't use nukes. That's a road nobody...not even him...want to take.

2. There's only one way Ukraine will get out of this mess that Biden has created for them: Come to terms with Putin.

Damn I miss Rush.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Rush....Rush Limbaugh...Rush......now refresh my memory for me here Chainsaw...

Isnt that the D E A D fella?🥶☠️💀

lolz.gif

Damn I miss Rush.
I recall, back during the Vietnam war, one of our long dead conservative"friends of the family" saying how quickly we (the U.S. military) were going to trounce the Vietnamese. Just goes to show, you never do know for sure till the portly lady sings.

1. Putin won't use nukes. That's a road nobody...not even him...want to take.

2. There's only one way Ukraine will get out of this mess that Biden has created for them: Come to terms with Putin.

1. I agree with you on point 1. Nobody would / should take the road of using nukes.

2. Please explain how Biden created the mess for Ukraine?

Russian military doctrine supposedly is "escalate to de escalate" and that is why these guys think Putin will go nuke if he's losing.

They are correct, but bar a drastic reversal of Russian fortunes it wouldn't be necessary. The Russians have the conventional forces necessary to pummel Ukraine into submission by brute force.

Biden's administration sure as hell thinks Putin will used nukes, and they are backing off of any meaningful intervention because they're scared on the man.

Direct NATO intervention would absolutely result in nuclear retaliation.

Given that West is not going to militarily support Ukraine (beyond supplying weapons) I don't see how Ukraine can win in the next year. Maybe after 10-20 years of Afghan like resistance or after Putin dies and new Russian government is tired of years-long-conflict?

I dont think Russia can remotely stand 15-20 years of this type of economic sanctions.

1. I agree with you on point 1. Nobody would / should take the road of using nukes.

2. Please explain how Biden created the mess for Ukraine?
sigh...

I've explained it in so many threads, I'm tired of repeating myself. Do a forum search. My name, "Biden pukes manipulated Russia".

Direct NATO intervention would absolutely result in nuclear retaliation.
What causes you to think Putin would employ nuclear weapons?

Realistically, doing so would bring grave consequences to Russia. Something, no doubt, Putin understands.

sigh...

I've explained it in so many threads, I'm tired of repeating myself. Do a forum search. My name, "Biden pukes manipulated Russia".
sigh...
same old dodge.
/dismissed

LetsGoTrump.

Realistically, doing so would bring grave consequences to Russia. Something, no doubt, Putin understands.
Putzin is insane. And if the rumors of him having a terminal illness are true, that makes him, a man with nothing to lose, even more dangerous.

sigh...
same old dodge.
/dismissed

LetsGoTrump.
shrug...

Not my problem. I told you how to find the answer to your question. The choice to get the answer or not is your decision.

You are dismissed.

Realistically, doing so would bring grave consequences to Russia.

How? Do you think NATO would attack? The US would attack Russia? What would the result of that be?
Further escalation, leading to all out nuclear conflict?

I gotta admit: I'm not real worried about Ukraine. Not my problem. I wish them well, and support the USA helping them with aid, sanctions on Russia, etc.
No direct military involvement.
I didn't care about Ukraine 5 years ago. I dont really care about Ukraine today. Thats on the other side of the world, the folks there can take care of it for better or worse.

A complete reversal of Russian forces, the devastation of Russian forces in Ukraine, and an impending collapse of the Russian war effort.

Back
Top Bottom