• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Ukraine win?

You really think so?

I know so.

Let's think about it; The Russians suffer serious reversals in Ukraine. Their operation is about to collapse.

Then they drop a nuke on Odessa and tell Kiev to surrender or more will come. What does NATO do?

Rush was a blight on America.
decades of him have ruined the Republican party and made it accept things like attempted insurrections.

I have already served an entire career in our military. My dues is fully paid and my right to opine with it.

How about you?

I spent a full career as a Marine Core Soldier, also was with the NavSEALs for a time, I'm that guy that shot binLaden maybe you've heard of me? Yeah. I'm him. I've got more service stripes than a barber pole.

Show me my due respect Rale. Dont make me pull Internet Rank on you!

It'd be insane from our perspective sure, but for Moscow it'd be the only option.
“Moscow” meaning Putin, not everyone in positions of leadership/influence.

“Moscow” meaning Putin, not everyone in positions of leadership/influence.

I'd be reluctant to embrace the idea that Putin is alone in his thinking within Russia's leadership.

I spent a full career as a Marine Core Soldier, also was with the NavSEALs for a time, I'm that guy that shot binLaden maybe you've heard of me? Yeah. I'm him. I've got more service stripes than a barber pole.

Show me my due respect Rale. Dont make me pull Internet Rank on you!
I’ll give you benefit of the doubt that you’re being a petty smart ass, and not actually trying peddle the above complete horse shit as true.

I'd be reluctant to embrace the idea that Putin is alone in his thinking within Russia's leadership.
I’m not suggesting that Putin doesn’t have likeminded supporters, or even plenty of others that follow out of fear.

I wonder how far they’d all be willing to go though.

I know so.
Let's think about it; The Russians suffer serious reversals in Ukraine. Their operation is about to collapse.
Then they drop a nuke on Odessa and tell Kiev to surrender or more will come. What does NATO do?

Yeah, I don't see them dropping nukes. They didn't nuke Afghanistan, why would they nuke Ukraine?
What does Russia gain from that? Condemnation from the world, even more isolation, allied investments all pull out entirely, maybe even China/India start to break ties, Ukrainians flee in droves reducing the country to little more than a hollowed out shell.
I don't see it being worth it for them. NATO wouldn't be affected much other than a few other European countries would probably accelerate their joining up.

Yeah, I don't see them dropping nukes. They didn't nuke Afghanistan, why would they nuke Ukraine?

Ukraine is more important to Russia than Afghanistan was.

I’m not suggesting that Putin doesn’t have likeminded supporters, or even plenty of others that follow out of fear.

I wonder how far they’d all be willing to go though.

Look at how far our fabulous trumpturds were "willing to go" for their Reality TeeVee Messiah.
*shudder*

You just cant predict what a cultist mentality might be capable of.

Too bad it belongs to the people of the Ukraine rather than to Russia.

I mean Russia has already lost-at the strategic level. They just can still achieve their operational goals.

I mean Russia has already lost-at the strategic level. They just can still achieve their operational goals.

I think their best case scenario is to try to save some face. Actually trying to rule a place that hates your guts isn't a historically enviable position.

I listened to a little of those two idiots that took over the Rush Limbaugh show this morning and now I'm wondering how many people feel like those defeatist dumb asses do.
They think if Ukraine starts to win Putin will use tactical nukes and the Ukraine along with the world will back down. If that is your attitude I'd have to ask why support Ukraine at all? Why not just hand Putin the keys to Ukraine and the rest of Europe too while you're at it?
Damn I miss Rush.

How do you define winning? If your definition of winning is that Ukraine maintains an independent government not controlled by Russia, then I think there is a very good chance that Ukraine will win.

Russia will have to keep an occupation force of at least 500,000 troops in order to enforce their will throughout the country. I don't think Russia can do it, especially with the sanctions in place. Plus, Russian military morale is in the toilet. They have no desire to continue this war.

I listened to a little of those two idiots that took over the Rush Limbaugh show this morning and now I'm wondering how many people feel like those defeatist dumb asses do.
They think if Ukraine starts to win Putin will use tactical nukes and the Ukraine along with the world will back down. If that is your attitude I'd have to ask why support Ukraine at all? Why not just hand Putin the keys to Ukraine and the rest of Europe too while you're at it?
Damn I miss Rush.
Russia will not use nuclear explosives as a first strike weapon. If they did, China would cut them off like an elderly parent cutting off financial support to a spoiled and misbehaving adult child. As a result, Russia would cease operating as a functioning economy, and Putin's head would be on a pike within a month's time.

Look at how far our fabulous trumpturds were "willing to go" for their Reality TeeVee Messiah.
*shudder*
Trumpsters unlimited support of Loser #45 continues to confound me. I’m just grateful that the majority of us recognized Loser #45 for the threat to our country and the rest of the world that he is and booted his ass out of office. I hate to think of what irreparable damage would have been done with another
four years of his deranged “leadership”.
You just cant predict what a cultist mentality might be capable of.
We can’t predict with any certainty, in large part, because Putin’s current action is very much out of character, but we can share opinions/perspectives.

1. Putin won't use nukes. That's a road nobody...not even him...want to take.

2. There's only one way Ukraine will get out of this mess that Biden has created for them: Come to terms with Putin.
The Ukrainians hate Russian corruption and domination. They just want Putin to leave them alone. They will not give up until he does. Biden has nothing to do with this.

Damn I miss Rush.
Of course Ukraine can win. Winning to them just means their sovereignty is intact, but it'll be bigger than that. Putin will come out of this crippled or worse.
Anyone who says Russia would use nukes in Ukraine is thinking in very simple terms.

The Ukrainians hate Russian corruption and domination. They just want Putin to leave them alone. They will not give up until he does. Biden has nothing to do with this.
Well, you are wrong about Biden's pukes having nothing to do with this, but I'm still right about how Ukraine is going to get out of this mess.

They may want Putin to leave them alone, but that's not going to happen until they deal with what Putin wants.

Well, you are wrong about Biden's pukes having nothing to do with this, but I'm still right about how Ukraine is going to get out of this mess.

They may want Putin to leave them alone, but that's not going to happen until they deal with what Putin wants.
Putin wants to conquer them and install Yanukovych as puppet President again. The Ukrainians will never accept that. The will keep fighting until that last Ukrainian is dead.

Putin wants to conquer them and install Yanukovych as puppet President again. The Ukrainians will never accept that. The will keep fighting until that last Ukrainian is dead.
When did Putin say that's what he wants to do?

Damn I miss Rush.

Russia-Ukraine latest: Over 1,200 bodies removed from streets of Mariupol as siege continues

But the question is what's his end game? Does he want a desolated, uninhabited territory to be stuck with and have to rebuild? What good does that do him.
He just wants to be able to plant the Russian flag in Ukraine and call it "Russian territory". In his moldy-jello mind, ff it means doing it on top of rubble and bodies, so be it.

I know so.

Take the war to Moscow, because Putzin dropping a nuke would be the last straw. He'd be proving he is a clear and present danger to the entire world, and the only way to stop that threat is to find him and take him down.

Take the war to Moscow, because Putzin dropping a nuke would be the last straw. He'd be proving he is a clear and present danger to the entire world, and the only way to stop that threat is to find him and take him down.

So we end the world?

Back
Top Bottom