• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Trump threaten to nuke a major city if he's impeached?

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I've been terrified thinking about this all day. This isn't just some regular person you're trying to prosecute here, it's a right-wing president of the United States. He has at his command the most powerful military in history and the largest nuclear arsenal.

What's to keep him from, say, threatening to nuke Hollywood if any action is taken against him? He hast he launch codes and he could easily do it.

Surely there's a progressive general in the military who can remove him from power until we can have a fair election that isn't rigged by Russians. Why can't they start the wheels turning?

Someone reassure me it won't happen, please.

I've been terrified thinking about this all day. This isn't just some regular person you're trying to prosecute here, it's a right-wing president of the United States. He has at his command the most powerful military in history and the largest nuclear arsenal.

What's to keep him from, say, threatening to nuke Hollywood if any action is taken against him? He hast he launch codes and he could easily do it.

Surely there's a progressive general in the military who can remove him from power until we can have a fair election that isn't rigged by Russians. Why can't they start the wheels turning?

We're all going to die.

You should publish a collection of your OPs. It would be a fun read. :)

Chicken-Little-on-CNN.jpg

What is wrong with you? (I opened this up thinking I was going to find an article by The Onion.)

It's very ominous that no one is going to step in and say "he wouldn't do that" because deep down....well....

Of course not, because people can, and I know will, refuse his order. And then there is the 25th amendment and other means to stop him

Of course not, because people can, and I know will, refuse his order. And then there is the 25th amendment and other means to stop him

So, based on that response, you, along with the OP, believe it's a reasonable fear that Trump would do such a thing?

The election wasn't rigged by the Russians.

FFS, no one has been able to show any significant amount of people were swayed one way or another by any of the negative material on the internet.

Nuke Hollywood? WTF?

The election wasn't rigged by the Russians.

FFS, no one has been able to show any significant amount of people were swayed one way or another by any of the negative material on the internet.

Nuke Hollywood? WTF?

So you admit you hope he nukes Hollywood then?:cool:

So you admit you hope he nukes Hollywood then?:cool:
How do you get that bs out of what I said? Irrational thinking perhaps?

So, based on that response, you, along with the OP, believe it's a reasonable fear that Trump would do such a thing?

Based on my response, no never said as much, just addressed the OP. Stop making stuff up

How do you get that bs out of what I said? Irrational thinking perhaps?

Well ya know, just trying to fit in with the overall "logical" type of assumptions inspired by the OP.

BTW I can only take that as a yes, right?:)

You wanna nuke Hollywood, just admit it, don't we all?:lamo

Thankfully, POTUS can't launch nukes on his own. He needs certain members of the military to obey his order. I would assume they would refuse the order and the cabinet would meet and use the 25th Amendment to remove the president.

IDK, I'm OK with LA being nuked, or Dallas, any ****ty city anyway, maybe Cleveland?

Feels so much better just to admit it!

Oh well, learn to SWIM!:lamo:cool::mrgreen:

You wanna nuke Hollywood, just admit it, don't we all?:lamo
So you were engaged in irrational thinking. Thank you for admitting that.

No, I don't think he he will threaten to nuke a major city. He may threaten to release the Kraken though.

So you were engaged in irrational thinking. Thank you for admitting that.

All the same though, come on, now I mean there are SOME good folks, but really would we not all be just a little better off if SOMETHING took out LA?

I mean what would we lose, another superhero movie redo?

No, I don't think he he will threaten to nuke a major city. He may threaten to release the Kraken though.

Our military won't refuse orders to carry out illegal wars that murder many thousands of innocent civilians in other countries? What makes you think they'd refuse orders to nuke a major city?

I can reassure you that the military coup you're calling for is not in the cards.

Our military won't refuse orders to carry out illegal wars that murder many thousands of innocent civilians in other countries? What makes you think they'd refuse orders to nuke a major city?

Come on now, even you could let him take out say Cleveland, I mean even people in Cleveland kinda wouldn't mind if he nuked Cleveland, I mean it's CLEVELAND! No big right?

Or Detroit perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom