• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Trump threaten to nuke a major city if he's impeached?

All the same though, come on, now I mean there are SOME good folks, but really would we not all be just a little better off if SOMETHING took out LA?

I mean what would we lose, another superhero movie redo?
Stop with the silliness.

Not a chance in hell Trump would consider it.

Our military won't refuse orders to carry out illegal wars that murder many thousands of innocent civilians in other countries? What makes you think they'd refuse orders to nuke a major city?

I can't tell if you're being facetious, but if you aren't, I can assure you: American soldiers do not sign up to kill American civilians.

I've been terrified thinking about this all day. This isn't just some regular person you're trying to prosecute here, it's a right-wing president of the United States. He has at his command the most powerful military in history and the largest nuclear arsenal.

What's to keep him from, say, threatening to nuke Hollywood if any action is taken against him? He hast he launch codes and he could easily do it.

Surely there's a progressive general in the military who can remove him from power until we can have a fair election that isn't rigged by Russians. Why can't they start the wheels turning?

Someone reassure me it won't happen, please.

Lol..On some level I actually think there is some reason for California to fear Trump. He doesn't like how California doesn't cooperate with federal immigration authorities. He has made disparaging statements towards California about Federal aid and the fires. The press in California must be lit up with negative Trump stories.

I plan to live forever and so far everything is going to plan.

:)

I took a huge shameless bellyflop. No way the world ever gets completely over that.

I've been terrified thinking about this all day. This isn't just some regular person you're trying to prosecute here, it's a right-wing president of the United States. He has at his command the most powerful military in history and the largest nuclear arsenal.

What's to keep him from, say, threatening to nuke Hollywood if any action is taken against him? He hast he launch codes and he could easily do it.

Surely there's a progressive general in the military who can remove him from power until we can have a fair election that isn't rigged by Russians. Why can't they start the wheels turning?

Honestly? I don't think he could. I am willing to bet that there is some top-secret fail-safe against the POTUS intentionally targeting US or even allied soil with a nuke. But this is pure speculation on my part, and I hope we never have to find out.

Sorry. Can't give you any reassurances. After all, we all know that...

the-sky-is-falling.jpg

Honestly? I don't think he could. I am willing to bet that there is some top-secret fail-safe against the POTUS intentionally targeting US or even allied soil with a nuke. But this is pure speculation on my part, and I hope we never have to find out.

For the fun of it I will take the OP’s question seriously. The “Failsafe” is that Trump can’t launch all by himself. He has to order others to do it and it would be as clear an unlawful order as has ever been given. It would be treason to launch by ever metric. So nobody in the DoD competent enough to have risen to a position involved either the process of launching nukes would follow such an unlawful order. Impeachment would happen immediately, assuming the Cabinet didn’t just declare him incompetent.

For the fun of it I will take the OP’s question seriously. The “Failsafe” is that Trump can’t launch all by himself. He has to order others to do it and it would be as clear an unlawful order as has ever been given. It would be treason to launch by ever metric. So nobody in the DoD competent enough to have risen to a position involved either the process of launching nukes would follow such an unlawful order. Impeachment would happen immediately, assuming the Cabinet didn’t just declare him incompetent.

Well, he could put a gun to their head. This thread is just not complete without a clip from The Dead Zone.

"The missiles are flying. Helleluya, Halleluya."

Well ya know, just trying to fit in with the overall "logical" type of assumptions inspired by the OP.

BTW I can only take that as a yes, right?:)

You wanna nuke Hollywood, just admit it, don't we all?:lamo
Doesn’t Charlize Theron live there?? No way, gotta get her out first!

What....the....****?

Doesn’t Charlize Theron live there?? No way, gotta get her out first!

I know! Maybe if Trump just threatened to send all our phones a tiny mushroom pic, all investigations will be closed!

The same silly question came up about Nixon.
it was silly then, and it is silly now.

I know! Maybe if Trump just threatened to send all our phones a tiny mushroom pic, all investigations will be closed!
What kind of tiny mushroom are you talkin’ about?:eek:

I think if he nukes anyplace it will be Bermuda so unless you live there you should be safe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hard to say.

However, we wouldn't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.

Back
Top Bottom