• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can trump do it again?

Can it happen again?

• Yes

Votes: 59 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
In other words, you have absolutely no idea what "Fascism" actually is. Got it. :rolleyes:

I'll give you a hint... The fact that you're even on here to openly make this idiotic claim basically refutes the assertion in and of itself. In a real "Fascist" regime, you would almost certainly be in a concentration camp already.

*Psssst* Joe Biden's platform is Far Left.

ummm i said Trump is a fascist by ideology and it is an ideology, not a state of being. He makes it clear he follows the ideology daily.
:ROFLMAO: Biden far left ahahaha!

ummm i said Trump is a fascist by ideology and it is an ideology, not a state of being. He makes it clear he follows the ideology daily.

This is meaningless garble. Produce something of actual substance, or go away. :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: Biden far left ahahaha!

Gotta be frank, guy... Not looking like your estimations of anyone's standing on the political spectrum are worth much at the moment.

In 2016 Trump was just a few points behind Hillary in those States he managed to pull surprise wins. Which is why he probably can catch up in those States he's only a few points behind in. The three States I mentioned are those.
gboisjo said:
I can't understand why so many people think Trump is an ass wipe and a fraud, I don't get it.

Seems to me your ethics are questionable, far from draining the swamp, Trump has illustrated the lack of importance when prioritizing ethics and the negative consequences when a president fails to do so. This failure of leadership now resounds through the administration and the government as a whole, and ultimately harms our democracy and the interests of the American people. These lessons should be learned now, before more damage is done.

The fact that you can't see what Trump is ..speaks volumes about your character.
That fact that all you can do is make assumptions and allegations, without actually supplying something to the contrary. And actively throwing a limp wristed insults on top of it.. shows more about your character than mine.

Have a nice day.

In 2016 Trump was just a few points behind Hillary in those States he managed to pull surprise wins. Which is why he probably can catch up in those States he's only a few points behind in. The three States I mentioned are those.
2016 was an anomaly in regard to the polls, something that deviates from what is the standard. Thinking it will happen again illustrates
your total lack of common sense.
Once again this says far more about your character, than of mine.

You do know that the national polls were (with very few, and those from minor polling organizations) WITHIN THE MARGIN OF ERROR in 2016, don't you?

You do know that there was a shift in voter preference in the last two weeks of the 2016 election - a shift caused by Mr. Comey coming out with his "discovery" that there "were more emails" and announcing the reopening of the investigation into Ms. Clinton during that period - don't you?

You do know that Mr. Comey later came out and admitted that the vast majority of the emails were not new and that the few that were new didn't contain anything that wasn't in the ones that were not new - don't you?
If you really need to reprise yourself of such recent history. I invite you to look it up.

This is meaningless garble. Produce something of actual substance, or go away. :rolleyes:

Gotta be frank, guy... Not looking like your estimations of anyone's standing on the political spectrum are worth much at the moment.
Ill post at ya anytime i like. Feel free to ignore.

Whilst to claim Trumps fascist is a stretch, it is valid to say he demonstrates some qualities common to fascists and fascism as a political theory.

Notably, Trump embodies the following:
- Volkgemeinscahtft, significantly in his Presidency. That is the ideal America through conservativism, isolationism and in some instances racial purity.
- The leadership principle is demonstrated in both what he says and how he presents himself (ie. 'total authority' statement he made numerous times during COVID, the sense of entitlement among other things)
- Facism constantly saw woman placed second in this sort of suppressive social hierarchy, Trump has a long history of this kind of behaviour (even during his Presidency) in the way he speaks about and acts towards women.

Whilst to claim Trumps fascist is a stretch, it is valid to say he demonstrates some qualities common to fascists and fascism as a political theory.

Notably, Trump embodies the following:
- Volkgemeinscahtft, significantly in his Presidency. That is the ideal America through conservativism, isolationism and in some instances racial purity.
- The leadership principle is demonstrated in both what he says and how he presents himself (ie. 'total authority' statement he made numerous times during COVID, the sense of entitlement among other things)

The worst you can really say about Trump is that he leans into "strong man politics" and has something of a "cult of personality."

Well... All of that was just as true of Theodore Roosevelt back in the day. No one's going to call him a "Fascist."

Hell! Obama had a "cult of personality" easily twice as rabid as Trump's, and his policies were a Hell of a lot closer to the real "Economic Fascism" that was practiced in the 1930s than anything Trump has proposed (which should hardly be surprising, as Obama was trying to copy FDR, who was, in turn, heavily inspired by the economic policies of Mussolini). I still wouldn't argue he was even close to being a "fascist," however.

As far as isolationism and "America First" goes, Nationalism is not intrinsically "Fascist." Nationalism was a Liberal idea centuries before "Fascism" was even a twinkle in Mussolini's eye.

- Facism constantly saw woman placed second in this sort of suppressive social hierarchy, Trump has a long history of this kind of behaviour (even during his Presidency) in the way he speaks about and acts towards women.

This is one of those things the Left likes to repeat over and over. I don't really see it as having much basis in reality, however.

The worst Trump has done is aggressively "clap back" at some Left Wing women who attacked him in an equally aggressive manner. I don't view that as treating women as being in "second place," because he has exactly the same response, if not worse, to men who cross him as well.

Meanwhile, he's made a point of filling his inner circle with several notable women, who tend to be anything but "wilting flowers." His female Press Secretaries are both famous for their forceful personalities, and their willingness to go "to-to-toe" with (mostly male) Left Wing journos.

There are also quite a lot of people in Trump's base who hope that Ivanka follows in her father's footsteps, and eventually runs for the Presidency herself.

Maybe he meant gargling with this disinfectant...like we did when we were kids...

5012616170201_T11.png

Nice try, he meant ingesting an antiseptic as in flushing out the virus,.

Is there a number count that actually exists for all of those far right unbridled whack jobs that actually have a large enough voting block to turn Our Country into...?

Roseann:)
Yes, they wear red hats that say "make america great again" ..unchecked they would create a nightmare.

I think Trump is gonna win again. This shows how mentally ill this country is.

Biden and Harris need to go into hiding before the election. They both look ridiculous out there. Harris needs to stop with that fake happy looking smile. Biden can’t say three words without looking down at his notes. The Dementiacrats are insane for allowing this to happen.

Trump holding rallies in the nations hot spots is criminal. I’m asking reasonable Conservatives not to vote this year. You simply can’t support this POS! We can make a comeback in 2024.
As bad and as feeble Biden is, he's a least a decent man ..Trump is not.

As bad and as feeble Biden is, he's a least a decent man ..Trump is not.

I agree! I still couldn't get myself to vote for him. If Biden loses I think you can blame the "Squad" for this. Everytime I talk to a disgruntled Trump supporter they say they fear the "Squad" hijacking the Biden administration. I think you can also thank BLM and the protests as well.

Trump is not now, nor has he ever been, a "Fascist." :rolleyes:

He's a Center Left Liberal Nationalist (like the rest of the Republican Party), with an unusually belligerent rhetorical style, and some mild Paleo-Conservative leanings on things like trade.

Not our fault you people have gone so far off the freaking deep end that literally everyone Right of John Lennon looks like a "fascist" to you these days.

View attachment 67302150

BS, the only thing that stopping Trump from becoming another Putin is our system ..a system he might challenge.

12.jpg

Ooh boy...just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the fraud in the White House, it has. For 6 months Quinnepiac and all other polls showed the presidential race being even or Trump up a few percentage points in Ohio until now...the last poll before the blood bath. The Q poll now had Biden up 48% to 43% in the Buckeye state.

The reality is simply this. Outside of the radical right wing Trumpers. Americans want to see this shitshow end once and for all. Independent voters which Trump carried 4 years ago by 3 percentage points now are polling almost 70% in Biden's corner.

Trump victories last time in Michigan, Wisconsin. Pennsylvania, Ohio. N. Carolina, Arizona and Florida are all backing Biden this go around. He could also lose Georgia Iowa and Texas as well.

The election will be called by 8 PM Tuesday night and it will be declared the biggest landslide since Hoover. I will be back then to say "I told you so."
I agree, won't it be be fun listening to the whining Trumpist on this forum as our country rejects the orange flimflam man. A one term, impeached President, that will be his legacy.

Lincoln was practically one of the only politicians to receive praise from Marx himself.

Herr Marx didn't have even a neutral word to say about any American President after James Garfield.

Venezuela has more privatized industries than France. Whut?

An interesting anecdote about Venezuela. When they wanted to nationalize the oil industry, they told the owners that the industries HAD been nationalized and that the owners would be paid 100 ¢ on the dollar for the industries.

THEN they told the owners how much that worked out to.

The owners were aghast and protested vociferously that the industry was worth many, many times that much.

THEN they told the owners that they had based the price on the values given in the corporate tax returns.

THEN the Venezuelans said that they were willing to pay the owners 100 ¢ on the dollar at the value that the owners said their companies were worth if that was what the owners wanted.

HOWEVER, the Venezuelans said that since the values on the corporate tax returns had been incorrect, they would have to recalculate those tax returns based on what the owners now said the companies were worth, and, of course, they would deduct all of the back taxes, interest on the back taxes, penalties, interest on the penalties, fines, and interest on the fines from that price AND, naturally, those responsible for the tax filings would have to face the criminal law penalties for their deeds.

The owners of the industries quickly decided that they would take the first offer.

Case in point regarding the "conniptions" I mentioned earlier. lol

I literally make, like... three or four times as much money under Trump as I did under Obama, as a direct result of some of Trump's polices.

If that's me "do[ing] whatever he wants," by all means, I'll continuing doing so. :ROFLMAO:

The Trades Union Congress has a "I'm all right, Jack. Screw you." attitude as well.

Literally 95% of the country hasn't had COVID.

Well, isn't it a good idea to see if it is possible to keep it that way?

At the present mortality rate, that 95% would contribute around 9,450,780 more deaths.

I haven't either.

You haven't (I'm guessing) run into a bridge abutment at 150 mph yet either.

More trumpists are catching it :). Makes me smile. I noticed you only mention yourself when i mentioned my co-workers i did so because we never had to shut down because we made smart decisions.
Compared to most countries, we have failed pretty miserably.
Only the best amirite?

Indeed, the rate of change in the infection rate in the "Red States" doesn't look all that happy making.

20-10-31 D2 - Red vs Blue - Cases.JPG

Trump is not now, nor has he ever been, a "Fascist."

He's a Center Left Liberal Nationalist (like the rest of the Republican Party), ...

You HAVE to be kidding (or else using ONLY the US political spectrum [and even then you are wrong]).

If you divide the world's political spectrum into seven general categories "Far Left", "Left", "Left Center", "Center", "Right Center". "Right", and "Far Right" then divide each of those categories into " - ", "neutral", and "+" so that your scale now runs from "Far Far Left -" [equalling 1] to "Far Far Right +" [equalling 21]. For simplicity, think of the divisions as

1. “Far Left” (1, 2, &3),
  2. “Left” (4, 5, & 6),
  3. “Left Center” (7, 8, & 9),
  4. “Center” (10, 11, & 12),
  5. “Right Center” (13, 14, & 15),
  6. “Right” (16, 17, & 18) and
  7. “Far Right” (19, 20, & 21).
When you use that scale then:

• Canada’s “New Democratic Party” probably comes in around an “8” or “9” (sort of “[Moderate to Conservative] Left Center”); and
  • Canada’s “Liberal Party” probably comes in around an “11” or “12” (sort of “[Center to Conservative] Center”); and
  • the "Libertarians" probably coming in around "12" to "13" (on the "Center" - "Right Right" border); and
  • Canada’s “Conservative Party” probably comes in around a “13” or “14” (sort of “[Progressive to Moderate] Right Center”); and
  • the Democrats probably come in around "14" to "15" (sort of “[Moderate to Conservative] Right Center"); and
  • the Republicans probably come in around "16" to "17" (sort of “[Progressive to Center] Right"); and with
  • the T.E.A. Party probably coming in around "17" to "18" (sort of “[Center to Conservative] Right".
The vast majority of world politics is probably in the "7" ("Progressive Center Left") to "15" ("Conservative Center Right) range.

[NOTE – “Kleptocracies” and “One-Man-Band” governments don’t really have “politics” as we generally consider them to be.]

...with an unusually belligerent rhetorical style, ...

Actually it isn't all that unusual in current American politics and it never really was all that unusual in American politics. It's just that Mr. Trump has more followers than previous practitioners of dissonance, discord, and diatribe.

...and some mild Paleo-Conservative leanings on things like trade.

I think that I might be in agreement with you that Mr. Trump's world view is slightly Stone Aged.

Not our fault you people have gone so far off the freaking deep end that literally everyone Right of John Lennon looks like a "fascist" to you these days.

What, of course, completely explains why "The (American) Right" refers to Mr. Biden as a "fascist" as well is the fact that the average American doesn't know what "fascist" means and that large numbers of them aren't capable of thinking outside of slogans and cant.

The Trades Union Congress has a "I'm all right, Jack. Screw you." attitude as well.

And just whom, exactly, is not "alright?"

Objectively, almost literally everyone in the United States is making more money, and enjoying a higher standard of living, under Trump, than they were Obama. Or... At least they were, right up until the Chinese sent COVID our way, and threw a giant spanner in the workings of the global economy.

Frankly, even so, this isn't exactly 2008. There's nothing structurally wrong with the economy. A large portion of it has simply been shut down by government mandate. As those mandates go away, the economy will roar to life once more.

It's already begun, actually. The US economy experienced a record 33% GDP growth this last quarter.

Sorry... But I don't see any reason why I should give that up just because some hysterical Neo-Marxist pissants, and the gaggle of "useful idiots" who blindly follow behind them, are laboring under the irrational delusion that literally everything under the sun is "Racist" and/or "Fascist" so long as someone with a face they dislike is in charge.

Well, isn't it a good idea to see if it is possible to keep it that way?

Measures should be taken to limit COVID, within reason. However, I don't see any reason to literally destroy our economy with never-ending lockdowns over a pathogen with a 2% mortality rate (and possibly far less, given how many people tend to be asymptomatic, and therefore are never tested).

After a certain point, the truly vulnerable are just going to have to stay home, and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

At the present mortality rate, that 95% would contribute around 9,450,780 more deaths.

Over what time frame? We're not even at 250,000 deaths at present, which would still be only half of the total number of people who die of heart attacks each and every year.

There's also supposed to be a vaccine here sometime in the next few months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom