• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can trump do it again?

Can it happen again?

• Yes

Votes: 59 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
I don't think trusting the polls is actually an option this time. Especially with how abysmally they failed to predict 2016.
In 2016 Trump was just a few points behind Hillary in those States he managed to pull surprise wins. Which is why he probably can catch up in those States he's only a few points behind in. The three States I mentioned are those.

4 days before the election, 538 gave Clinton a 70% chance and Trump 30%.

4 days before 2020, 538 is giving Biden an 88% chance and Trump 11%, and that's after they probably changed their weighting to factor in silent Trump voters.

...I don't think you actually know how our government works if this is how you actually believe things usually manifest at that level of our country.
Just like any other president, he can say that he wants to do this, or that. But when it comes to getting them all pushed through, you're going to have to actually have both parties and the sub-factions within them. Agree to each other's terms.

I also don't understand what your tangent about alternative facts is supposed to mean. Seeing as he never said "not healthcare" at any point, he never said that Mexico was really going to pay for the wall barring his jab, and he never said that he would lock up Hillary. Which both were on the same bend as a joke.

So I don't actually know what you're alluding to for all of this.

Yes everybody knows that congress has to approve traffic control at a campaign event. Jeesuz, it's no surprise people flocking to these events have the brains of algae. Keep up the good fight for the stable genius. :geek:

In a way it would be quite funny if Sleepy Joe won ...just keep him away from the big red nurse assistance button .... If you think Trump makes the US. a laughing stock now, Sleepy’s gonna take it to a whole new level of piss taking.😂🍿

Luckily it’s gonna be Trump winning the electoral college vote at the very least...

gboisjo said:
I can't understand why so many people think Trump is an ass wipe and a fraud, I don't get it.

You'll be fishing for that from him for some time apparently.

Seeing as the alternative is Biden creeping out in a panel van, next to a grade school.
I'd still take this version of Trump, despite the obvious lies present in the image.

Seems to me your ethics are questionable, far from draining the swamp, Trump has illustrated the lack of importance when prioritizing ethics and the negative consequences when a president fails to do so. This failure of leadership now resounds through the administration and the government as a whole, and ultimately harms our democracy and the interests of the American people. These lessons should be learned now, before more damage is done.

The fact that you can't see what Trump is ..speaks volumes about your character.

Last edited:
I don't think trusting the polls is actually an option this time. Especially with how abysmally they failed to predict 2016.
2016 was an anomaly in regard to the polls, something that deviates from what is the standard. Thinking it will happen again illustrates
your total lack of common sense.

That the Democratic Party not only loses, but embarrasses itself so thoroughly in the process that it effectively implodes...
Then a lot of people will become independents

Then a lot of people will become independents

Fine with me. The "Old Guard" in the DNC establishment are probably the most shamelessly and openly corrupt gaggle of hopelessly out of touch Boomer reptiles I think I've ever seen. Most of the the up-and-comers gearing up to replace them are literal Communists, who would turn the country into a Venezuela clone in a heartbeat if ever given the opportunity.

With the rotten husk of the Dem Establishment out of the way, new, less rigid and more moderate, parties could conceivably rise. There'd also be less of a need for the current reactionary streak that's been stirring on the Right.

Last edited:
That the Democratic Party not only loses, but embarrasses itself so thoroughly in the process that it effectively implodes...
2.jpg

The one question nobody seems to ask themselves, is given how bad Trump has been and given how bad the current situation is, is the media and polls undercounting support for Biden.

I mean, Trump Cultists like to bang on about how wrong 2016 was, but ultimately, at the end of the day, more Americans, regardless of the EC, did NOT want Trump as their President.

That does mean something and I garauntee you, despite the jokes about how many people at Biden rallys the Trump Cultists go on about, more people will vote for Biden.

100%, without a doubt.

Does that equal anything in the EC?

We'll find out, but just like many Democrats were overconfident in 2016, many of you Trumpists may be seriously underestimating how much most Americans do not think like you do and are disgusted by this maniac.

Never forget Trumpists, you are the minority and an insane one at that.

Fine with me. The "Old Guard" in the DNC establishment are the probably the most shamelessly and openly corrupt gaggle of hopelessly out of touch Boomer reptiles I think I've ever seen. Most of the the up-and-comers gearing up to replace them are literal Communists, who would turn the country into a Venezuela clone in a heartbeat if ever given the opportunity.

With the rotten husk of the Dem Establishment out of the way, new, more moderate, parties could conceivably rise. There'd also be less of a need for the current reactionary streak that's been stirring on the Right.
Destroying a party and creating the same party makes no difference, except that you're happy

Fine with me. The "Old Guard" in the DNC establishment are the probably the most shamelessly and openly corrupt gaggle of hopelessly out of touch Boomer reptiles I think I've ever seen. Most of the the up-and-comers gearing up to replace them are literal Communists, who would turn the country into a Venezuela clone in a heartbeat if ever given the opportunity.

With the rotten husk of the Dem Establishment out of the way, new, more moderate, parties could conceivably rise. There'd also be less of a need for the current reactionary streak that's been stirring on the Right.
And what would the far right unbridled whack jobs turn our country into..

Last election we thought Hillary had it in the bag. Trump was a joke. Nobody thought he could win.

The night of the election I was shocked as I saw that map turn into a sea of red with little blue dots scattered across it. They elected a madman.

Can it happen again?
Ehh...Hillary was an extremely unlikable candidate. The polls had Trump close in the rustbelt states...within the margin of error and he work by like 100k votes in 5 states. Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin but once again lines on a map written hundreds of years ago played a big impact on the President.

In every way possible this is nothing like 2016.

Last election we thought Hillary had it in the bag. Trump was a joke. Nobody thought he could win.

The night of the election I was shocked as I saw that map turn into a sea of red with little blue dots scattered across it. They elected a madman.

Can it happen again?

Yes.

The Republican party has figured out that once someone buys their bullshit they can do as they please from that point forward.

Because human beings hate admitting they have been made fools of.

They will embrace a pretty lie over an ugly truth almost every time.

We are likely screwed as a result. If not this time then in the near future.

2016 was an anomaly in regard to the polls, something that deviates from what is the standard. Thinking it will happen again illustrates
your total lack of common sense.
All the big polls in the U.K. recently have been a long way out...Brexit and 2 subsequent general elections. If a pollster rang me I’d take great pleasure in misinforming him.

Can it happen again?
The rate MAGA which they are filing lawsuits and the army of lawyers they have on retainer strongly suggest they don't think they can win at the polls
They rammed the Jesus bitch through for just this reason.

And what would the far right unbridled whack jobs turn our country into..
Is there a number count that actually exists for all of those far right unbridled whack jobs that actually have a large enough voting block to turn Our Country into...?

Roseann:)

Will be all full blown blow out victory for Biden Polls are very accurate with 2016 being an anomaly. Why 2016 happened was based on Comey's 11th hour release of Hillary's emails. That scared the shit out of Independent voters. This time, the Independents are 2-1 in Biden's corner. Will be the biggest land slide against an incumbent since Hoover's election debacle.

Mr. Trump CAN "do it again". With the courts doing all they can do to restrict voting and with the USPS doing all it can do to make sure that absentee ballots don't get delivered in time to be counted, there IS a possibility that he CAN "do it again".

If that does happen, I rather suspect that there will be no stopping him and the American electorate is simply going to have to put up with the consequences of their own actions.

IF the election puts Mr. Trump into office for a second term AND IF the election does NOT produce fewer than 41 "Republican" (whatever that means) Senators, THEN the likelihood of the US government being able to enact ANY legislation roughly approximates nil. Should that happen, then the only way that anything will get done is via "Presidential Findings" and "Executive Orders" - in short, Mr. Trump wil rule by decree.

I don't expect that that will happen, but there is a definite statistical chance that it might.

Back
Top Bottom