• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can trump do it again?

Can it happen again?

• Yes

Votes: 59 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

rickc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Last election we thought Hillary had it in the bag. Trump was a joke. Nobody thought he could win.

The night of the election I was shocked as I saw that map turn into a sea of red with little blue dots scattered across it. They elected a madman.

Can it happen again?

Last election we thought Hillary had it in the bag. Trump was a joke. Nobody thought he could win.

The night of the election I was shocked as I saw that map turn into a sea of red with little blue dots scattered across it. They elected a madman.

Can it happen again?
Of course it can. Hard to believe it's possible after 4 years of a shitshow, but evidently we are more divided than I thought. Not good for any of us in the long run.

Can it happen again?
Get ready to scream. It WILL happen again.

My suspicion is that this race isn't as tight as people think.

I could be wrong.
I go along with that...I think polling is coming to the end of its usefulness. Once a big section of the population sees polling as politically biased they will either disengage or lie to pollsters.
Trump to win comfortably imo...if not the US will be in real trouble...the left divides, that’s their game. Good luck.

It can be done, but not again legally. Only through a voter suppression strategy. Various voter suppression tactics of all kinds imaginable and then some.

Can it happen again?

I chose other because again implies choosing the unknown (in a government role) candidate over the known (government establishment) candidate is no longer the situation.

Can it happen again?
I voted yes, because it can happen again, especially done with cheating again like bluesmoke mentioned, voter suppression tactics, help from the Puppet Master, Mr. Putin, etc. None of us can see the future, but with his dangerous clown show these past four years, I'm thinking he will lose with a big margin. I was also thinking about how the poorly handled coronavirus will affect the results, with people still dying, families still mourning and victims still confined to hospitals. The raging wildfires in numerous states will also be a factor I imagine, I don't think people who are devastated with homes burned to the ground are concentrating much on voting. We'll see.

It'll go how it goes. It don't think it'll be as close as 2016, but it will be closer than it should have been, whatever the result.

Regardless of your politics, Trump is not a person who should be empowered in any way.

The silver lining with Trump is he was happy just having money back when he could have really done some damage in politics. It limits his overall impact.

"Old Fart Trump" we can laugh over and recover from, but a lifelong "Public Servant Trump" would have been a terrifying thing indeed.

As to the OP, yes it could happen again. Polls have been wrong before. Certainly hoping for a thumping Biden win though.

It's different this time around.

In 2016, the polls didn't count the less-than-college-educated, white, people who are afraid of minorities very well. This time, they made a point of counting these people.

The amount of undecided people is tiny this time, in 2016 it was big.

The democrats are headed toward a landslide victory, house, senate and presidency.

Who cares if he’s a terrible president as long as liberals are unhappy, right? Same as in the UK. Who cares if Brexit is a catastrophic mistake that will destroy the economy? As long as remainers are annoyed, it will have been worth it.
I don’t think he’s a terrible president....but watching moronic liberals ( who aren’t actually liberal at all) scream and stamp their feet is great entertainment...the icing on the cake so to speak.

The EU accounts for less than 8 % of U.K. GDP...and they know we can replace much of their trade...so the pressure is on them...much of that pressure coming from their car manufacturers. ..we import 800,000 of their cars per year.

U.K. is Germany’s 3rd biggest export market for cars after the US and China...

Can it happen again?

Except Trump barely won those swing states

Trump isn't doing it without stopping the vote counting. Which, incidentally, is exactly what looks like may happen in Pennsylvania.

I don’t think he’s a terrible president....but watching moronic liberals ( who aren’t actually liberal at all) scream and stamp their feet is great entertainment...the icing on the cake so to speak.

The EU accounts for less than 8 % of U.K. GDP...and they know we can replace much of their trade...so the pressure is on them...much of that pressure coming from their car manufacturers. ..we import 800,000 of their cars per year.

U.K. is Germany’s 3rd biggest export market for cars after the US and China...
Fair enough, you’re obviously free to think Trump isn’t a terrible President, wrong as that opinion may be. You did say you wanted a Trump win “mainly” because of how it affects liberals. We’ll see stoically Trumpists take his defeat if Biden wins.

As to Brexit, I’ve seen this bravado from Leavers before. That the EU is more desperate than the UK to secure a trade deal, I don’t think this perception is based in reality. In the event of no deal, your food supply will be massively affected for starters. How far along are the negotiations with other countries to replace that trade? Biden is no fan of Johnson:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...y-close-to-one-us-president-wht-if-biden-wins

"Can it happen again," of course it can.

We have seen the arrogant certainty from mainstream media become a popcorn moment when Trump won the first time, it would be foolish to conclude it is a certain win for either Biden or Trump. You would think people would learn the lesson.

There are some amazing statistics as of today, something like 51+ million votes have already been cast. The polling in a few key states are suggesting a Biden win but it is anything but a done deal. I'll remind my more left leaning friends that this is familiar territory.

Even with 2020 vs. 2016 all I see is two very angry old gaffe and misleading prone guys arguing it out leaving what I believe is the majority of voters whom are making a decision based on fear of the other guy.

Reactions: PoS
As to the poll question, "Can he do it again?" Well, consider this: the probability of getting dealt two pairs in poker is 4.75%. Trump's odds of winning are 2.7 times that. So to those who have at least a moderate amount of experience in playing poker, how often have you been dealt two pairs? Because I've gotta say that with even my minimal poker experience, getting two pairs wasn't a super rare occurrence.

The main difference though is that most people you play poker against don't typically have the ability to have the US Federal court system to block the dealer from handing your opponent good hands.

Back
Top Bottom