• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Trump do anything right?

Can Trump do anything right, in your opinion? Has he, can he?

• Total voters
I hate Trump. My wife hates Trump. My children and grandchildren hate Trump. Lots and lots of my friends hate Trump.

And every single on of them has very good reasons to do so.
Fine, if you think they're good reasons, fine. That's your call, you don't have to explain or justify them to anyone.

That is fine but you are simply dismissing people who may have genuine reasons why they come to that conclusion.

I am not dismissing them... I am dismissing the emotive labeling because "evil" is a non-scientific term. The people you refer to as evil would instead be BPD, or narcissists, sociopaths, etc...

From what I can tell... there are those that love everything Trump does, and that is pretty ridiculous... but even more ridiculous to me, appear the people that hate Trump so violently that literally everything he does, to them, is wrong, evil, racist, etc.

So my question is really to those that dislike Trump more than they like him.

Bad poll is bad. ;)

Fine, if you think they're good reasons, fine. That's your call, you don't have to explain or justify them to anyone.
Bull**** he doesn't. He has to justify them to me.

I hate Trump. My wife hates Trump. My children and grandchildren hate Trump. Lots and lots of my friends hate Trump.

And every single on of them has very good reasons to do so.

OK. Go. Justify your reasons home-boy.

From what I can tell... there are those that love everything Trump does, and that is pretty ridiculous... but even more ridiculous to me, appear the people that hate Trump so violently that literally everything he does, to them, is wrong, evil, racist, etc.

Even a blind cat can trip over a dead rat from time to time.

So, theoretically? Or maybe accidently?

Of course he can. Most recent example was his statement on the death of Elijah Cummings, where Trump got it just right. It is painfully rare that Trump gets things right to my mind, but it does happen.

So did it sound like his words or one of those statements obviously written by someone else?

Most of the times I can recall when he "said" or "posted" something that seemed reasonable or insightful the grammar and syntax and vocabulary indicated that it was written by someone else.

Taking on China is an example of something which could have been good, but Trump screwed it up by letting his ego and temper drive him, without clear goals and without guidance from people who actually know things about China or the global economy.

For him, practically everything is a "who knew this could be so complicated?" situation. He thinks he can waltz in and solve intractable problems that people have struggled with for decades, but of course he makes them worse, and then he gets pissed off that he's not getting credit for solving the problems that he actually made worse. And in his frustration and anger over getting bad press for making things worse, he lashes out and effs something else up. More bad press. More frustration. More lashing out. [Edit: that paragraph was giving him the benefit of the doubt for actually trying to do things. It didn't take into account all the good things he has reversed because they were things Obama did and one of his main driving principles as been to erase Obama's legacy.]

Does he squeeze anything good in there? Sure, let's give him credit for signing the occasional decent legislation, but chances are pretty good that for any specific thing in the category of decent legislation, he has screwed it up in some way. Like claiming that the legislation is more than it is, or claiming he was the first to do it when it was an extension of something Obama did, or signing the legislation for veterans programs but then not making sure that there was technological infrastructure to implement the program or balking at paying for the program, instead insisting that some other veterans program take a cut to pay for the one that he was out bragging about signing into law.

There were times that he might have banked some good publicity and built on that, but he just couldn't do it. He can't just let things go. He has to stir things up with a feces-covered spoon.

Trump is corrupt and not too bright so anything he does right is purely by accident. Thru out his whole life he has been shunned by decent people and has learned that if he does not have "something" on those around him they will shun him also. Basically he is one of those "to know him is to hate him" types. That is why he has ZERO loyalty and the White House leaks like sieve.

Thanks! You need a 4th option. Sometimes Trump does something epically stupid. Sometimes not. No matter if you hate him or not.

Doing things right takes half the fun out of it all...

He has caused people, particularly politicians, to remove their masks and show who they really are. They are has we had suspected, duplicitous people only concerned with feathering their own nest first before they get around to caring about Americans.

He does not put America first, he puts Trump first and the Republican party that he hijacked second. Anyone who disagrees with him is in his mind a traitor and not part of the America he supposedly puts first. He has no clue how to wield political power, use diplomacy, or negotiate with foreign countries. He puts on the act of a heel wrestler and he is entertaining the audience of the WWE, his loyal supporters. It is all a game to him, all about entertainment and popularity.

Oh, I agree...

I don't hate the man. I dislike how he chose to handle the job of being president. He has the courage to ignore conventional wisdom. He has a booming voice and can project enthusiasm. He has the brassiness to go out and talk to everyone or anyone. And he has an uncanny ability to find the core of what people really want to hear.

He could have used these significant talents to bring us together in a way that intellectualizers like Obama and Carter can't. He could have picked out the whole of the country to talk to, to cheer on and encourage. He could have made us all proud of being united. Instead he chose to focus only on conservative Christians and this has divided us further when he could have brought us together.

Back
Top Bottom