• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Trump do anything right?

Can Trump do anything right, in your opinion? Has he, can he?

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
From what I can tell... there are those that love everything Trump does, and that is pretty ridiculous... but even more ridiculous to me, appear the people that hate Trump so violently that literally everything he does, to them, is wrong, evil, racist, etc.

So my question is really to those that dislike Trump more than they like him.

Other.
He can in theory do something right, but it's correct status will only last until he makes another bad decision that ****s it up, which will be approximately 5 minutes.

And I don't hate him.

In some ways I almost pity him, and he's definitely harming the nation IMO - but I don't HATE him.

From what I can tell... there are those that love everything Trump does, and that is pretty ridiculous... but even more ridiculous to me, appear the people that hate Trump so violently that literally everything he does, to them, is wrong, evil, racist, etc.

He sometimes does good things

Trump Signs Autism Act - Disability Scoop

And I don't hate him so much as pity him and think he is mentally ill and unfit for any position of power (and probably should be in a hospital).

Of course he can. Most recent example was his statement on the death of Elijah Cummings, where Trump got it just right. It is painfully rare that Trump gets things right to my mind, but it does happen.

Other.
He can in theory do something right, but it's correct status will only last until he makes another bad decision that ****s it up, which will be approximately 5 minutes.

And I don't hate him.

In some ways I almost pity him, and he's definitely harming the nation IMO - but I don't HATE him.

I realized after I posted that and Editing time expired, that I should have omitted the "hate" part.

Other - he apparently caused you to create this (moronic?) poll.

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional acorn. ;)

Once in a blue moon, I get surprised. So far, despite a lot of people thinking that he would make foreign policy blunders to help him at the polls, he has not. He has not tried to shove terrible treaties down our throats. He has broken and destroyed them, but he has not been overly willing to give away the store and the parking lot to get a win out of China or North Korea. He would rather walk away from the table than do a terrible deal. Other than that, he has been consistently bad

Voted 1 just because Trump is disgusting in so many ways, even when he can do something right and did that too few times (like didn't retaliate when Iran shot down the drone).

Still I have to say one thing: it's not right to hate someone and my hate is more like I'm just full of all Trump related stupid things. Also Trump is a symptom, not a root cause - he's just one poor bastard in wrong place.

Yeah, I cannot pick option one, because I don't hate Trump. I think he is right to challenge China; if anything I'd suggest he should go much farther than he has on that score. His attitude of "America First" is also not entirely misplaced. Finally, while I think he's fighting on the wrong side, the democrats could learn a thing or two about street fighting. There's a myth to which liberals seem to subscribe more than do conservatives: that somehow it is possible for peace to be achieved through compromise. Roughly 5,000 years of human history demonstrate otherwise. Peace is achieved only when one side stomps the other into the ground so hard that they will never take their eyes off the ground for another three generations. That's how peace is achieved, and that seems to be the only way peace ever comes about.

Voted 1 just because Trump is disgusting in so many ways, even when he can do something right and did that too few times (like didn't retaliate when Iran shot down the drone).

Still I have to say one thing: it's not right to hate someone and my hate is more like I'm just full of all Trump related stupid things. Also Trump is a symptom, not a root cause - he's just one poor bastard in wrong place.

Trump is What Happened (pun fully intended) when the other major party choice was Hillary. We will see, soon enough, who the demorats offer up as their Trump alternative in 2020.

I would praise his decision to the heavens and support him 1000% if he resigned.

Trump is What Happened (pun fully intended) when the other major party choice was Hillary. We will see, soon enough, who the demorats offer up as their Trump alternative in 2020.

If Trump had to run against Mother Theresa he would find a way to demonize her and make tens of millions hate her. He was just extra special lucky he benefitted from the two decade right wing cause celebre against Clinton.

Last edited:
Once in a blue moon, I get surprised. So far, despite a lot of people thinking that he would make foreign policy blunders to help him at the polls, he has not. He has not tried to shove terrible treaties down our throats. He has broken and destroyed them, but he has not been overly willing to give away the store and the parking lot to get a win out of China or North Korea. He would rather walk away from the table than do a terrible deal. Other than that, he has been consistently bad

I seriously doubt he is walking away from these things based on any kind of thought process. He walks away because he is too lazy to think it thru and refuses to accept help from anyone that knows more than him. If you noticed "I am smarter than the Generals" If he thinks someone else may have a better idea, he bags the whole thing. Everyone that knew him before he won said he really does not want to be president, he just wants to win. He is a basically useless president who's bottom is starting to fall out. This will only get worse.

Is it so illogical to come to the conclusion that someone is evil based on what they have always done? The benefit of the doubt only lasts so long. Why is holding a strong opinion so wrong?

If Trump had to run against Mother Theresa he would find a way to demonize here make tens of millions hate her. He was just extra special lucky he benefitted from the two decade right wing cause celebrate against Clinton.

That Soul Stealing Bitch had people secretly baptized without their knowledge as they were dying...

Some people just hate Trump because he's Trump. No rational or logical reason involved.

Some people just hate Trump because he's Trump. No rational or logical reason involved.

I hate Trump. My wife hates Trump. My children and grandchildren hate Trump. Lots and lots of my friends hate Trump.

And every single on of them has very good reasons to do so.

For those who hate Trump EVERYTHING he's done is wrong...and if it's not, they'll spin it.

It’s hard to say imo. He exaggerates and lies so much unless you fact check everything he says, I don’t know. He is running the country by tweets.

Is it so illogical to come to the conclusion that someone is evil based on what they have always done? The benefit of the doubt only lasts so long. Why is holding a strong opinion so wrong?

I don't believe in the concept of evil as a personality trait...

Trump is fully incompetent at the job of POTUS.

You're out of your depth, Donnie.

I don't believe in the concept of evil as a personality trait...

That is fine but you are simply dismissing people who may have genuine reasons why they come to that conclusion.

Yeah, I cannot pick option one, because I don't hate Trump. I think he is right to challenge China; if anything I'd suggest he should go much farther than he has on that score. His attitude of "America First" is also not entirely misplaced. Finally, while I think he's fighting on the wrong side, the democrats could learn a thing or two about street fighting. There's a myth to which liberals seem to subscribe more than do conservatives: that somehow it is possible for peace to be achieved through compromise. Roughly 5,000 years of human history demonstrate otherwise. Peace is achieved only when one side stomps the other into the ground so hard that they will never take their eyes off the ground for another three generations. That's how peace is achieved, and that seems to be the only way peace ever comes about.

He does not put America first, he puts Trump first and the Republican party that he hijacked second. Anyone who disagrees with him is in his mind a traitor and not part of the America he supposedly puts first. He has no clue how to wield political power, use diplomacy, or negotiate with foreign countries. He puts on the act of a heel wrestler and he is entertaining the audience of the WWE, his loyal supporters. It is all a game to him, all about entertainment and popularity.

Back
Top Bottom