• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Trump avoid a primary challenge?

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I suspect there are a couple of people pretty determined to run against him, one being Larry Hogan. so he might not be able to eliminate the competition.

If not, could he convince the RNC to cancel them altogether and anoint him the nominee?

Thoughts?

I tuned if for a while last night and watched Trump’s speech @CPAC Orlando. His appearance was off and his energy wasn’t the same as I have seen before. He beat the same tired tropes and even the crowd enthusiasm wasn’t great. Three years is both a long time and a short time, politically……time will tell, who will be the first to break ranks with him?

There is no chance there is not a moderate challenger to Trump (or Trump's heir) in the 2024 primaries. Whether they succeed is another story. At the moment it is looking like they will double down on crazy, but two years is still some time for the Koolaid to start wearing off.

No, he cannot. The blush is off the rose. I would think De Santis has a better shot than Hogan.

I suspect there are a couple of people pretty determined to run against him, one being Larry Hogan. so he might not be able to eliminate the competition.

If not, could he convince the RNC to cancel them altogether and anoint him the nominee?

Thoughts?
Easily he can avoid the challenge...by not running.

Thoughts?
It doesn't matter.

The days of the GOP telling the rank and file who the nominee is going to be are over. Bring on the challengers. Trump can deal with them.

If he runs, he'll be the nominee and he'll be the President. (Unless the Trump haters manage election fraud again.)

Thoughts?
Hogan's great with his -11 he's sure to lose against Biden's ten.

DeSantis' two is great to, neither of those guys is too bonkers like Cruz -10 and Trump 5.

The challenging Party has the New Moon in 2024 and the Party in power in 2028. Kamala is a -14, Pete -6.

It doesn't matter.

The days of the GOP telling the rank and file who the nominee is going to be are over. Bring on the challengers. Trump can deal with them.

If he runs, he'll be the nominee and he'll be the President. (Unless the Trump haters manage election fraud again.)
I like how you're already making excuses for Trump losing if somehow he ran again.

It doesn't matter.

He'll be a two time loser

Prepare your kleenex now

And then you can claim the pod people cheated you

He could avoid primaries, IIUC, IF he was able to convince the state legislatures to change their election laws not to use primaries; but while they are willing to overthrow general elections to steal them, I don't see much chance they will get rid of primaries.

Thoughts?
Doesn't he have to be an incumbent for it to be considered a "primary challenge"?

He'll be a two time loser

Prepare your kleenex now

And then you can claim the pod people cheated you
Practice screaming into the night sky. You have almost 3 years to get it right.

No excuses. Just facts.
You wouldn't know a fact if it bit ya on the ass. All you have are conspiracy theories, lies, and "dismissing" anyone who gets the better of you.

Practice screaming into the night sky. You have almost 3 years to get it right.
Should we take tips from the election fraud conspirators who cried and made up lies and inspired sedition?

Back
Top Bottom