• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can They Exist

Deimos

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Again, I'm curious as to what people think about this subject: monsters and ghosts. For ghosts, if you believe in ghosts because you had an experience, please tell us!

Bigfoot: There have been many sightings around the globe of a huge humanoid creature lurking in the dense woods or high in the mountains. Sometimes it's a brown and gentle creature. Other times, it's a savage beast. Almost every sighting describes the creature as a big creature, usually almost 7 feet tall, and with hair covering every part of its body. There are rumors that it reeks, almost like a wet dog, and that its call sounds almost like broken howling. The show, "Finding Bigfoot", has drawn me in, and I'm even more curious.

Aliens: Could they exist? I personally don't think that we are the only planet with life in the vast universe. The universe goes on and on, probably never ending. So there's a chance that there is life on other planets out there. Grey people? Maybe. Monstrous creatures? Probably. Hostile or nice? We wouldn't really know any time soon. But I think that aliens might exist.

Chupacabra: I'm not sure if people know of this creature but there is allegedly a blood-sucking canine-like creature that stalks creatures near the border in Mexico. I can't explain away the alleged puncture wounds, but I don't think this creature exists.

Skinwalkers: Being part Native American, I think that this is a possibility. However, I have never really learned much of it to be sure.

Vampires: Where did the lore come from? Dracula, of course... But he wasn't a real vampire. He did have a thirst for blood, and he was really known as Vlad the Impaler because he drove stakes (or spears) through people. If vampires exist, we probably won't really know.

Werewolves: Possible. But also impossible. People howl at the moon. I know there are people who run around in the woods naked at night, howling and growling like a wild animal. There are also wild children and adults living in jungles, bringing me to my next...

Wild children/adults: It's possible because there have been reports of it in the past, and there was actually a documentary about it on television a few years ago. How did they survive is always the mystery, but fortunately if they are discovered, they are finally getting the help they need.

And my last one, for now,

Ghosts: I just believe in them. Whether they would hurt you or not, that's always something one has to be ready for if they believe in ghosts. My family on my father's side seems to be haunted, somehow. I would also explain a personal experience that has me somewhat convinced:

One night, when I was driving home with my grandmother and uncle, I saw something on the road. It is still sharp in my mind, and I feel that it was a paranormal incident because my passengers said they never saw anything. My headlights were on HIGH, so I could see a fair distance down this straight and narrow road. Everything else was dark, including the houses, since it was sometime after midnight. I was just focused on the road when I suddenly noticed something in my way. It was huge and ghastly white. It appeared to have a lot of fur and I could make out a shape like a bald human head, as white as the fur, at an odd angle in its body. I knew that it wasn't a normal creature right from the start, and slammed on the brakes. By the time I reached this thing, it had already gone. There was a dog nearby that ran directly across the road but it was of a different color. My grandmother and uncle saw the dog, but when I asked if they saw that other thing, they said no. My grandmother believed that I saw something, though, and told me to hurry. Since then, we hadn't really talked of the incident but I'm more careful when driving at night. I even try getting my family or friends to go with me, as if to hope that I wouldn't ever see that thing again, or that if I did, I would have someone there with me so I wouldn't think I was crazy.​

All are possible in other dimensions.

No.

I neither believe in any of them nor believe that any of them are possible.

Well, with the exception of feral children/adults. There's nothing supernatural about that but I'd think that for the large part natural laws would conspire against a child (or children) being raised by wild animals. I suppose that there have probably been incidents of smaller groups of orphan children (I'm thinking WWII era Russian war orphans, like that) living in the woods and growing feral to some degree, assuming they were old enough to care for themselves at the time they first left "society" but still young enough that they hadn't been fully acculturated.

I believe that people believe in and have "seen" ghosts, the same way I believe that people believe in Jesus and have "seen" miracles. I think that large numbers of people, by and large, are fairly gullible and when they remain open to the possibility that there may be ghosts it's not beyond the realm of possibility that when they're driving along a dark, spooky road late at night and are tired that their mind may play tricks on them.

I remember one night driving along just such a road through some very old, dark woods in the German countryside, probably 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, after neither of us having slept for about 36 hours, my driver (of an M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle) seeing a "little glowing, green girl" in the middle of the road. He slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting her and then she "disappeared into a mist".

I didn't think he saw a ghost though, just sleep-depravation-induced hallucinations. I had him come up into the turret to take a nap and I drove for a couple hours. He was right as rain after a little sleep.

What about zombies?

Again, I'm curious as to what people think about this subject: monsters and ghosts. For ghosts, if you believe in ghosts because you had an experience, please tell us!

Ghosts, in spite of a vast amount of fakery on the subject, are real.

When you die, your consciousness separates from your body to move on... For some, for whatever the reason, the mind cannot let go of an earthly existence and so continues on "haunting" an area of importance in their lives.

I don't know the how exactly and what exactly goes on after the body dies, but there is undoubtedly life after life.

Bigfoot: There have been many sightings around the globe of a huge humanoid creature lurking in the dense woods or high in the mountains. Sometimes it's a brown and gentle creature. Other times, it's a savage beast. Almost every sighting describes the creature as a big creature, usually almost 7 feet tall, and with hair covering every part of its body. There are rumors that it reeks, almost like a wet dog, and that its call sounds almost like broken howling. The show, "Finding Bigfoot", has drawn me in, and I'm even more curious.

It is entirely possible that Bigfoot is real... But again, there's been alot of fakery.

If you ever have flown over the Midwestern forests where they are said to live... You are talking about vast areas of dense bush. It's entirely possible that an intelligent creature that does not want to be found could exist and we would never know, except for a few scant reports, and some fakers trying to cash in for themselves.

Aliens: Could they exist? I personally don't think that we are the only planet with life in the vast universe. The universe goes on and on, probably never ending. So there's a chance that there is life on other planets out there. Grey people? Maybe. Monstrous creatures? Probably. Hostile or nice? We wouldn't really know any time soon. But I think that aliens might exist.

Aliens undoubtedly exist... Whether they have visited is another issue.

I would not be surprised if alien life has been to earth at some point in earths past, looking at evidence from our ancestors. However, there's no reason why many UFOS could not be of earthly origins.

: I'm not sure if people know of this creature but there is allegedly a blood-sucking canine-like creature that stalks creatures near the border in Mexico. I can't explain away the alleged puncture wounds, but I don't think this creature exists.

Don't know enough about it, I'm sure it's possible though.

Skinwalkers: Being part Native American, I think that this is a possibility. However, I have never really learned much of it to be sure.

I was shown a documentary about this... Not sure what to think. Seems like spiritual beings, but could be anything.

Vampires: Where did the lore come from? Dracula, of course... But he wasn't a real vampire. He did have a thirst for blood, and he was really known as Vlad the Impaler because he drove stakes (or spears) through people. If vampires exist, we probably won't really know.

Vampires like the movies no. But the reality is more of an allegory for real things, consider people that ask to be invited into your life an just leech off your energy. They are effectively vampiric even if they are not literal blood sucking zombies that can't be killed.

Werewolves: Possible. But also impossible. People howl at the moon. I know there are people who run around in the woods naked at night, howling and growling like a wild animal. There are also wild children and adults living in jungles, bringing me to my next...

Same as vampires.

Wild children/adults: It's possible because there have been reports of it in the past, and there was actually a documentary about it on television a few years ago. How did they survive is always the mystery, but fortunately if they are discovered, they are finally getting the help they need.

Rare, but can happen...

It's possible that something like that might exist. We know that large non-human hominids existed in the past, and there are plenty of great apes still around as well. It's entirely possible that we might've overlooked a couple of them.

However, I think a creature like that would ultimately be much more likely to live somewhere remote, like Alaska, Canada, Siberia, the Himalayas, or the more lush regions of South America, Africa, and Asia than the main portion of the continental United States.

One night, when I was driving home with my grandmother and uncle, I saw something on the road. It is still sharp in my mind, and I feel that it was a paranormal incident because my passengers said they never saw anything. My headlights were on HIGH, so I could see a fair distance down this straight and narrow road. Everything else was dark, including the houses, since it was sometime after midnight. I was just focused on the road when I suddenly noticed something in my way. It was huge and ghastly white. It appeared to have a lot of fur and I could make out a shape like a bald human head, as white as the fur, at an odd angle in its body. I knew that it wasn't a normal creature right from the start, and slammed on the brakes. By the time I reached this thing, it had already gone. There was a dog nearby that ran directly across the road but it was of a different color. My grandmother and uncle saw the dog, but when I asked if they saw that other thing, they said no. My grandmother believed that I saw something, though, and told me to hurry. Since then, we hadn't really talked of the incident but I'm more careful when driving at night. I even try getting my family or friends to go with me, as if to hope that I wouldn't ever see that thing again, or that if I did, I would have someone there with me so I wouldn't think I was crazy.​

I would love to have an experience like that (assuming that I got to walk away in one piece and wasn't simply insane, of course :lol: ). As a child, I would actually wake up late at night and stare out my window just hoping to see something crazy go stalking by in the wee hours.

I've never experienced anything one might describe as being "paranormal," however.

I have had many as have my eldest daughter.

I woke up to find a man wearing an old school trench coat and mobster style hat looking down at me in the middle of the night. He was calm and didn't say anything. I was positive that I was awake and his calmness made me nervous. He turned and walked into a corner of the room with the couch where there were no doors or windows to leave from. That area was almost pitch black. I sat up waiting for him to do something thinking an insane person (literally) was in my room for some reason. Without ever taking my eyes off that area I reached for the light and turned it on. Nobody was there. It was really strange.

We had one room in our house that felt like a black vortex in the ceiling swirling clockwise. It was there for a long time. The same house my four year-old used to play with and talk to a little girl who was dressed in a white lace dress. She would talk to her giggling and whenever I asked who she was talking to she would tell me about the girl and that she was right there. I assumed it was an invisible friend. My wife at the time called a house cleanser lady who came to the house and went around with her spirit friends. We told her nothing. I made sure my wife said NOTHING because I was looking forward to showing this lady to be a fraud. She went around and didn't find much til she went to the room with the dark swirling vortex. She then did some talking in a quite voice and sent soemthing away. She then went out to the flower garden and started looking down talking to somebody and sent them away. I asked her and she said that six dark spirits were circling around that vortex room and that she talked to a little girl in a white lace dress out by the flowers. She sent them all "on".

I have more stories like this...

Don't believe in this at all. If we can find little bobcats and things that want to hide from us all the time then we shuold be able to find a bigfoot, much less a skeleton or bigfoot crap. Nonsense.

Absolutely. In fact I would bet my life that aliens exist. The problem is that they are so far away we will probably never encounter them unless Warp Drive becomes possible. Even then the distances are so vast that it is unlikely to happen.

Chupacabra: I'm not sure if people know of this creature but there is allegedly a blood-sucking canine-like creature that stalks creatures near the border in Mexico. I can't explain away the alleged puncture wounds, but I don't think this creature exists.

Nope.

What in the hell?

No. But there are retarded people who think that they are vampires and drink blood and such...

Nope...

Like homeless people?

Ghosts: I just believe in them. Whether they would hurt you or not, that's always something one has to be ready for if they believe in ghosts. My family on my father's side seems to be haunted, somehow. I would also explain a personal experience that has me somewhat convinced:

I don't believe in them though I have seen and experienced them...

Interesting... any idea what it might have been? Could it have been a guy out walking or something?

And my last one, for now,

Bigfoot – none probably exist today, but I wouldn’t rule out some type of creature existed in the past for this myth to arise to the extent it is today.

Aliens – Human type aliens probably do not exist except on the big screen and in books. But who knows what type of life can exist out there, what they may be based on, what forms or non forms they may take. Yes, I believe life exist out there, but it may not be in a form we humans would recognize of even know what it is.

Chupacabra – I doubt it.

Skin walkers – Maybe, but I really do not know enough about this to say one way or the other.

Vampires – Come on now, where is Bella Lagosi when one needs a vampire. Nothing real here except Vlad the Impaler.

Werewolves – Another come on now – no way Jack.
Ghosts – I would leave open. Not in the Casper sense but perhaps in travelers from another dimension.

I do believe in the unknown and I think the absents of evidence does not mean something doesn’t exist or did exist. It just means there is no evidence.

Back
Top Bottom