• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the tea party be compared to Hitler?

Can the tea party be compared to Hitler?

• Total voters
All of this was evil, but a reenactment group is not responsible.

Ugh. You're really hopeless.

That would be like my unit talking on the web site about the blacks that served in the Union being put back or sold into slavery, and their white officers shot.

Except we're talking in one instance about a general historical event (blacks being put into slavery) whereas in the other case we're referring to actions taken directly by those whom are being impersonated and glorified as freedom fighters. Once again, you completely miss.

That is a hell of an exaggeration! From 700 to 1,000,000!!!

Interesting:

wiki said:
The German 1st Mountain Division is also suspected of being implicated. Between 50 and 60 Jews were killed in this manner, as a part of the larger Einsatzgruppe operation which resulted in over 700 murders

wiki said:
According to their own records, the Einsatzgruppen murdered more than one million people, almost all civilians, beginning with the Polish intelligentsia

I can't find the information in the source listed for the 700, but the one million is well documented, it seems.

Ah, here we go:

wiki said:
Members of the division's bakery column, led by Obersturmführer Braunnagel and Untersturmführer Kochalty, assisted Einsatzgruppe A in rounding up Ukrainian Jews. Witnesses report that the Jewish victims were forced to run a gauntlet formed by soldiers who would beat them as they passed, and when they reached the end of the gauntlet, Einsatzgruppen officers murdered them and their bodies were pushed into a bomb crater. The German 1st Mountain Division is also suspected of being implicated. Between 50 and 60 Jews were killed in this manner, as a part of the larger Einsatzgruppe operation which resulted in over 700 murders[8]

So they assisted Einsatzgruppe A as part of the broader Einsatzgruppen who was responsible for around 1,000,000 deaths.

Ned Racine said:
Just to clarify things further - I'll make a stretch here. Mr.KC is familiar with the Nazi's and their Eintzgruppen activities in Poland And Russia. This includes the Mega incident at Babi Yar. He also knows that one reason the Ukranians welcomed the Germans initially and were glad the Jews were being taken care of was in some instances the fact that many of the more reprehensible Commisars and worse in the Stalin era were Jewish including total vermin like Nikolay Yerzhov & Genrikh Yagoda.

He also KNOWS that Stalin's NKVD after Poland was invaded from the East by Stalin also participated in Murder especially the Katyn massacres. He also knows that in July 1944 Stalin waited until the "risen up" Polish Home Army in Warsaw was essentially destroyed by the Germans. He wanted the Non Communist Poles eliminated as much as possible.

He identifies himself as a Red (possibly saw Reds with warren Beatty too often (??) ) and knows some will be irritated by it. His memories are very selective.

Open a thread if you want to whine about my views on Lenin. Maybe I'll actually respond.

Last edited:
Rob Reiner seems to think so.

Reiner Compares Tea Party Candidates to Hitler | The Blaze

If you say yes, how do you think they compare? If no, why not?

Reiner has directed some great movies. That is what he is good at.

Then you put celebrities like Reiner (with big name recognition) on the Bill Maher show and his arrogant attitudes about how brilliant he is and how ignorant everyone else is. The guests can go over the top as much as they wish, and the adoring live audience perpetuates the massive circle jerk. He (Reiner) just succeeded in painting himself as another Hollywood clown act.

He needs to stick with directing movies. (Stand By Me was excellent...)

Well sure, you can compare the tea party to Hitler. You can compare anything to anything else. It doesn't make the comparison accurate though.

This. You can compare anything you want to Hitler. President Bush, President Obama, my history professor freshman year. Just because you make the comparison doesn't make it true. Well it does in my history professor's case, but she was just a bitch.

This. You can compare anything you want to Hitler. President Bush, President Obama, my history professor freshman year. Just because you make the comparison doesn't make it true. Well it does in my history professor's case, but she was just a bitch.

(you just delivered my morning "laugh out loud". thanks. ;) )

Yes, they are.

It's completely ****ed up to call the SS Wiking soldiers that "gave their lives for their loved ones and a basic desire to be free" as if they're some kind of freedom fighters. They're ****ing NAZI's.

Oh, for cripe's sake.

I really don't give a crap about this petty little argument you're in, but waving the whole thing away by saying "they're ****ing NAZIs" is pretty damned ironic coming from from someone with an avatar filled with the face which launched a hundred million deaths.

Yeah, yeah; you've got all your excuses for him, blah blah blah. Won't bring back the dead.

Cool troll post bro

Not sure how that's a troll post, as it's pretty spot on. You're expressing revulsion at the fact that this guy would associate himself with "NAZIS," while you associate yourself with people who were their equally atrocious counterparts.

No. FAR SUPERIOR in their atrocity, by at least ten times.

I have more respect for Nazis.

:muffled laugher::lamo

Im gonna regret saying that.

Not sure how that's a troll post, as it's pretty spot on. You're expressing revulsion at the fact that this guy would associate himself with "NAZIS," while you associate yourself with people who were their equally atrocious counterparts.

He playing a little campaign game, that's all. It's called guilt by association.

Khayembiis a Stalinist?

Khayembiis a Stalinist?

Yeah, that's pretty much like blaming the death camp deaths on Heydrich and not Hitler. There's a case to be made, but who gives a rat's ass? As he put it, "they're ****ing NAZIs."

And who would that be?

Yeah, that's pretty much like blaming the death camp deaths on Heydrich and not Hitler. There's a case to be made, but who gives a rat's ass? As he put it, "they're ****ing NAZIs."

Stalinism and Leninism and Communism are different things.

Stalinism and Leninism and Communism are different things.

That's the revisionist excuse, sure (poor widdle Lenin had his angelic intentions all busted up by bad ol' Stalin and junk). But they all did it under the banner of the hammer and sickle. As KC put it, "theyre ****ing . . . "

Yes, they are.

It's completely ****ed up to call the SS Wiking soldiers that "gave their lives for their loved ones and a basic desire to be free" as if they're some kind of freedom fighters. They're ****ing NAZI's.

"To the end the men of the division fought like tigers. In defeat they retained their pride in having given service above and beyond the call of duty, and to this day the phenomenal espirit de corps engendered within this elite division lives on through a thriving veterans organisation. The Wiking Division was without a doubt the finest of all the SS volunteer formations, and indeed of of the best units in the entire German armed forces."1

Yes, nothing to see here, this is a completely accurate description of them. Completely forget that they were involved in the massacre of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of civilians. Nothing to see here, move on. :roll:

You're being utterly ridiculous. This is ONE MAN and you're acting like it is the whole Tea Party.

Stop with the hyperbole.

That's the revisionist excuse, sure (poor widdle Lenin had his angelic intentions all busted up by bad ol' Stalin and junk). But they all did it under the banner of the hammer and sickle. As KC put it, "theyre ****ing . . . "

No thats the, I have at least read a book on it or looked it up in wikipedia and am not willfully ignorant excuse. Christ jesus God-Damn.

No thats the, I have at least read a book on it or looked it up in wikipedia and am not willfully ignorant excuse. Christ jesus God-Damn.

You can swear all you want, but it is exactly as I said. And it's especially germane in the context of what I said originally, above, which you should go ahead and read and attempt to understand if you're going to lecture about "willful ignorance."

LOL I've never "associated myself" with Stalin.

You said that the group this guy associated with was bad because they were Nazis.
When asked what made this particular group bad, you noted that they killed over 700 people in one particular incident and were part of a government that imprisoned and killed those who opposed them.

I'm saying that the guy in your avatar was bad because he was a Communist.
If asked what in particular made him bad, I'll note that he executed thousands of people who didn't support him, threw tens of thousands more into labor camps and banned all non-propaganda media.

And then his successors killed a hundred million under his banner.

Back
Top Bottom