• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the stock share prices of just 6 corps. postpone a 2nd crash before elections day?

Is a 2nd crash imminent, if yes who will be blamed?

• Yes, the market will crash before the election

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, the markwt will crash and Trump will be blamed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, market crash, after Biden win, Dems will be blamed

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, the bear market has ended, recovery is happening

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
One through five= FAANG, Big Tech - Wikipedia

If the Big Five Falter, the Rest of the Stock Market Could Be Deep-Sixed - Barron's

Technology
Up and Down Wall Street

If the ‘Big Five’ Tech Stocks Falter, They’ll Take the Rest of the Stock Market Down With Them

By Randall W. Forsyth
Updated July 25, 2020 1:02 pm ET / Original July 24, 2020 9:06 pm ET

and the sixth is truly a "sight to behold! Tick-tock....

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price, Quote, History & News - Yahoo Finance

50252535037_366fca13d3_b.jpg

Apology for the double display of the same graph image. I cannot delete the uploaded attacment image fille, after
adding a url supported image to insure one image of Tesla's symptom of irrational exuberance remains displayed in this post.

Attachments

• Tesla082120.jpg
    Tesla082120.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
The stock market mental.

I wonder if all the Red Blooded, Anti-Communist Patriots who tout the Stock Market as a positive for Trump, understand that its being propped up entirely by massive Federal Reserve Intervention and Government Stimulus.

There is nothing and I mean nothing, that should be keeping the market this high.

No good news, no fundamentals, NOTHING.

And what?

These idiots holding onto Tesla at $2000 want to do what? Get a hold of the last 2% rally before losing 10% before they can blink an eye.

I don’t get it, The Market is so detached from reality right now, actually has been for years now.

It has nothing to do with Fundamentals or Technical Analysis.

People are cruising for a bruising, or maybe I’m the crazy one and it’ll just keep going up even higher, hey, maybe if unemployment rises the NASDAQ can double.

Why?

Because **** it, that’s why.

Even the big tech corporations cannot live in a growth bubble indefinitely. Eventually, the Fed lending and lack of retail sales will catch up with stock valuations and the dollar.

The stock market mental.

I wonder if all the Red Blooded, Anti-Communist Patriots who tout the Stock Market as a positive for Trump, understand that its being propped up entirely by massive Federal Reserve Intervention and Government Stimulus.

There is nothing and I mean nothing, that should be keeping the market this high.

And what?

These idiots holding onto Tesla at $2000 want to do what? Get a hold of the last 2% rally before losing 10% before they can blink an eye.

I don’t get it, The Market is so detached from reality right now, actually has been for years now.

People are cruising for a bruising, or maybe I’m the crazy one and it’ll just keep going up even higher, hey, maybe if unemployment rises the NASDAQ can double.

Why?

If every state director of pension funds simply sold all investments today and took short positions in all thre major U,S. stock indices,
fiscal stability would soon and permanetntly be restored by late next year.

The popular new thing, 13 million account holders Robinhood mobile stock trading platform, does not permit shortselling of any stock shares but features purchase of "fractional" long stock purchases, like a 1/4 share of Tesla or a sliver of a $3300 Amazon share.

The researcher of the China article below also pointed out, on the day of Tesla's recent "earnings" call, that the EBITA described in the call would be a real thing, someday,
when they are robust enough to be eAita, and not consisting mostly of an electric vehicle tax credtit on each car sold... IOW, there is no or almost
no net profit yet, resulting from the business of designing and assembling high priced, cutting edge, electric powered cars in an era of low priced fossil fuel.

This was echoed here, but driven by "split fever", an announced, 5 to 1 stock split of existing shares at end of this month, the stock is up
$700 since the earnings call. Tesla needed to announce earnings in some form to permit its stock entry into the S&P 500 index, which forces funds
to buy Tesla's shares!

[h=3]Tesla: Revelation Of Regulatory Credits And The Questionable Accounting[/h]Tesla's second quarter 2020 blew Street expectations in generating a 50 cent/share GAAP profit where endless debate focused around the odds of a loss.
Seeking AlphaJul 29

Tesla Investors Are Flying Blind In China (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha
Tesla Investors Are Flying Blind In China
Aug. 17, 2020 3:45 PM ET|
617 comments
|
About: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA)
Montana Skeptic
Montana Skeptic
Bonds, long-term horizon, portfolio strategy, contrarian

Last edited:
It's a interesting question. I can see a pull back coming very short term and then a bump after more vaccine news. Maybe a slight pull back if Biden wins. But 2021 should be big.

Hang on it's a roller coaster

I agree....there will be ups and downs although I think generally up and maybe a big up with the introduction of a working vaccine....

And also agree that if Biden gets elected we will be looking at a pullback....anyone's guess how much or how long.....the market will factor in Biden pretty quick and do what they have to do to protect there money.

I agree....there will be ups and downs although I think generally up and maybe a big up with the introduction of a working vaccine....

And also agree that if Biden gets elected we will be looking at a pullback....anyone's guess how much or how long.....the market will factor in Biden pretty quick and do what they have to do to protect there money.

The lack of put option buying amidst index valuations exceeding the "All Time High" valuations just before the late February declines indicates few are doing much of anything currently to ptotect their money.
S&P and Nasdaq are at record highs, so are small business failures and domestic unemployment. The tech companies demonstrate immunity from pandemic influenced decline of Main Street business activity, but with the passage of time, the demand for their profit generating intellectual property and services is sourced from the profits of the economy as a whole and its ability to provide sources of government revenue.

The only sign of sanity is ridiculously low trading volume, the opposite of historic "all time high" trading volume.

Last edited:
Biden/Harris will destroy the economy and stock markets with massive tax hikes.

They say that only taxpayers earning over $400k/yr will be taxed at higher rates, but that's a lie, and most (informed) people know it.

Dems ruin everything they touch - - this is no secret.

The stock market mental.

And what?

Why?

Because every week, two weeks, month people's 401K/IRA money gets pumped into the market whether it is up or down.

They say that only taxpayers earning over $400k/yr will be taxed at higher rates, but that's a lie, and most (informed) people know it.

We'll wait for an apology.... LOL

Trump Is Right About One Thing: 'The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats'
That’s right. Trump said out loud the same thing that Hillary Clinton has asserted—and top academics and journalists have confirmed. The same thing I’ve been compiling cold, hard government data on since 1980: By crucial metrics like GDP, job creation, business investment and avoiding recessions, the economy does a lot better with Democrats in the White House than with Republicans. Just one eye-opening example: Nine of the last 10 recessions have been under Republicans.

Job-growth20.jpg

Bus-invest20.jpg

Recessions20.jpg

Democrats Vs. Republicans: Who Is Better For The Stock Market?

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fpeterlazaroff%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F07%2F2016-07-20-President-Market-Data.jpg

Last edited:

It wont be much. Presidential elections have less impact than most people think. Earnings is what counts

You must not have a dime in the market. I have probably followed this longer than you have been alive

You are clueless

You must not have a dime in the market. I have probably followed this longer than you have been alive

You are clueless

Where do you find the patience? I've been "visiting" this forum for 14 years. Each time, I find it exhausting to
reply to what I am certain is the result of billions of dollars spent on ideological indoctrination.

Opinion | The peril of valuing celebrity over history - The New York Times

...showed how the simultaneously banalizing methods of capitalist enterprise (false advertising, consumerism,
pieties of affluence, amoral bureaucracy) are exactly what that enterprise created to keep from being criticized....

Silence is complicit, but I have neither the patience or the energy, and cannot participate here, regularly.

Last edited:
Where do you find the patience? I've been "visiting" this forum for 14 years. Each time, I find it exhausting to
reply to what I am certain is the result of billions of dollars spent on ideological indoctrination.

Its not patience. More boredom. This is just for fun. I love showing how stupid their ideas are

Its not patience. More boredom. This is just for fun. I love showing how stupid their ideas are

I still find it difficult to accept that posters who have convinced themselves they are independent "thinkers"
have absolutely no problem defending their cloneish similarity, in all political opinions, to
what the Koch brothers invested millions in planting in their minds.... money greases the wheels,
politicized religious memes, spins them.

Replying on another thread to one touting the values of self sufficiency instilled in him by his parents.

Did your parents happen to be other than caucasian or have surnames identical to those of families who once owned their ancestors or perhaps, burdened by chronic, debilitating illness resulting in economic devastation .... ?

IOW, how much of your values can be influenced actually, merely, by accident of birth?

In one sentence, point out any disagreement you have with the messaging and political activities the Koch brothers invested in since the death of their father and their inheritance of his estate?.....

....... A.L.E.C.

The stock market mental.

And what?

Why?

The Federal Reserve is prepared to do whatever it takes within our powers to ensure that we are part of the solution of shoring up people over the virus, shoring up the American economy and putting us in the best position to grow again once the virus recedes," Daly said in an interview with Yahoo Finance. "If we do the right thing and shelter in place and curb the spread of the virus, the economy will be in the best position to bounce back."

You are clueless

You are dumber than a fence-post.

That's the one thing I like about you. ;)

I don't expect, if the froth is a reliable indicator, the irrational exuberance can keep the stock indexes from moving dramatically in the other direction until after election day.

Iceberg dead a head, before "impact", Trump will project repeatedly that Biden is the iceberg, not Trump's many "contributions" on the road to long term, domestic disaster.

Stock symbol, CRM corporate name, "Sales Force", near instant, $55 billion increase in market cap.... well, not instant, since yesterday morning!
Yes, it was announced CRM will replace Exxon in the DOW 30 index, and suprisingly good earnings were announced, suggesting a 5 point rise,
but not a 56 pt. increase!

This is a description of the effect on share price from removal of Exxon from the Dow index, so... conversely,....
and, there were yet another 1.06 million new unemployment filings, just this past week, vs 1 million expected, and there are 25 million
unemployed, and the POTUS has reportedly strong armed the CDC to tamp down covid-19 testing to lower the stats during the coming weeks critical to all our futures..... demented autocracy vs oligarchical republic ?

Here’s what Exxon’s removal from the Dow says about the energy sector

....“Minor” selling was to be expected from the change, as the Dow is not commonly used as a benchmark for actively managed funds, analyst Jennifer Rowland with Edward Jones said. Removing the company from the index, however, “is symbolic of just how far the energy sector has fallen over the past several years.”...
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) Stock Price, Quote, History & News - Yahoo Finance

50276110536_fbc6dfa5a3_h.jpg

Last edited:
There is one single reason the stock market and assets in general have been soaring rather than plummeting, and it certainly is not due to Trump's policies or a resilient economy and jobs.

Take that away along with super low rates, and you'll see the plummeting happen. These aren't real markets anymore.

balance_sheet.jpg

I bought Telsa for $300. So I am an idiot for holding onto 400% + gains?

TSLA is a highly undervalued stock. In the long-term I see it being a $10,000 stock. They have such a dominant position. Tesla sales are up 40% meanwhile Ford and the other traditional automaker's sales are down 30%.

Tesla has such a dominant position on EV sales and they make a profit. Every other care company LOSES money when they make an EV and they are 2-3 behind Tesla's technology.

You sound like a typical Tesla bear. I remember when I bought Amazon stock at $500. A few years ago experts were saying Amazon was insanely priced at $1,000.

Stock tend to go up in the long-term, that's why I invest in solid companies like Amazon and Tesla.

One through five= FAANG, Big Tech - Wikipedia

and the sixth is truly a "sight to behold! Tick-tock....

50252535037_366fca13d3_b.jpg

Apology for the double display of the same graph image. I cannot delete the uploaded attacment image fille, after
adding a url supported image to insure one image of Tesla's symptom of irrational exuberance remains displayed in this post.

Who the hell knows? There likely will be a pullback. We saw a pullback back in March and a lot of people sold their positions then.

All I know is that stocks in the long-term go up. If you buy in solid companies and hold, in the long-term you will be filthy rich.

It is not rocket science:

Apple first sold shares to the public on Dec. 12, 1980, at $22 per share. The stock has split four times -- three times at 2-for-1, and one split at 7-for-1. This means you would have received two shares for every one share, or seven shares in that one case. The way stock splits work is that you receive more shares but the stock price is cut proportionally, so the value of your investment stays the same.

If you had bought just one share of Apple, you would own 56 shares today after the stock splits. Those shares would be worth $14,896 at the current price of $266 per share.

A $100 investment would have purchased 4.54 shares at the IPO price. After the stock splits, you would now be the lucky owner of 254 shares of Apple, which would currently have a value of $67,564.

If You Invested $100 in Apple's IPO, This Is How Much Money You'd Have Now | The Motley Fool

I hope that Tweety's gross mismanagement and drooling incompetence doesn't crash the economy. I can't afford to start over again.

I bought Telsa for $300. So I am an idiot for holding onto 400% + gains?

TSLA is a highly undervalued stock. In the long-term I see it being a $10,000 stock. They have such a dominant position. Tesla sales are up 40% meanwhile Ford and the other traditional automaker's sales are down 30%.

Tesla has such a dominant position on EV sales and they make a profit. Every other care company LOSES money when they make an EV and they are 2-3 behind Tesla's technology.

You sound like a typical Tesla bear. I remember when I bought Amazon stock at $500. A few years ago experts were saying Amazon was insanely priced at $1,000.

Stock tend to go up in the long-term, that's why I invest in solid companies like Amazon and Tesla.

Yes, granted Tesla is a "love" story, but also a corporation building and marketing expensive cars it doesn't actually make money from,
and there are the problem of forecast low petroleum prices and a shattered world economy, indefinitely.

Tesla Investors Are Flying Blind In China (NASDAQ:TSLA ...
seekingalpha
A. Tesla's China Loans Increased by $706 Million. ...

Market Cap 417.218B
Beta (5Y Monthly) 1.30
PE Ratio (TTM) 1,158.77

[h=3]Avoid Tesla Stock After $428M Tax Credits Sale - Forbes[/h]www.forbes.com › sites › petercohan › 2020/07/23 › a...Jul 23, 2020 - In 2019, Tesla generated $594 million in revenue by selling these highly profitable tax credits. In the first half of 2020, Tesla tax credit revenues ...

Last edited:
The stock market mental.

And what?

Why?

Hear are some ideas.

The top 30% of the population has most of the money. Many did not lose their jobs and had nothing to spend money on. Might as well invest it because Covid will be in our rear view mirror next year.

Would we put your money in bonds now that we are closer to a vaccine than we are the beginning of this mess?

Do we really think people will stop using their Iphones, watching movies, buying things that they need?

My in march was quite simple

If this virus becomes so contagious that we achieve herd immunity.
Our nursing homes would be decimated and we would lose 25% of the wonderful senior citizens in this country. I would not want to be invested in any company managing the elderly, but I will tell you one thing that would absolutely matter. SS and Medicare expenditures would drop precipitously, the country (theoretically) could start balancing the deficit, or would spend even more money pumping it back into our country.
Definite LONG TERM PLUS for the ECONOMY, not wanting to mix sadness with economy so don't think for a moment I want this.

If the virus fades away. the economy will come back and we will be fine.

If there is a vaccine, the economy will come back and we will be fine.

If they do not have a vaccine and we live under a new clean, masked, social distanced, tested, contact traces environment then the economy will come back and we will be fine.

The companies that are running wild are technology behemoths that are gaining market share and changing the way we live for a profit.

Plenty of optimism and excitement for the future. The fact that we were torn into this future involuntarily does not change the fact that it is coming faster then any of us imagined.

Back
Top Bottom