• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the left and right even converse at this point?

It doesn't matter if I undermine democracy. Again, I'm not President or a Presidential candidate.

On the other hand, you support a President who is undermining democracy by claiming the election was stolen from him with no evidence. I would say that is much worse.

What does that make you according to YOUR logic?

And emphatically supported by socially conservative Republicans for over a century as Republican presidents (Nixon and Reagan) put the War on Drugs into hyperdrive?

Btw, you seem to have me confused for a Democrat. Don't confuse the party for actual liberal ideals.

But, the law was passed by Democrats...lol. What's next? The Democrats didn't really want to pass the law?...lol

These false equivalency is crazy. How you are making the two comparison is mind boggling.

I'm guessing you also blame the allied forces for killing people in ww2 because people died.

Explain....

If the ban is intended (as claimed) to prevent the loss of life there are a gajillion things that can be banned that will save tens of thousands more.

You guys are talking about gun control. He compared someone getting killed in an accident to mass shootings. It's a terrible argument.
actually KWO claimed that banning guns would be good if it saved ONE LIFE. The really awful argument is claiming that Trump supporters are Traitors

Explain....

If the ban is intended (as claimed) to prevent the loss of life there are a gajillion things that can be banned that will save tens of thousands more.

Can you differentiate accidents and intent? What makes a person evil and not?

What does that make you according to YOUR logic?

If I supported a President or Presidential candidate who said that the election was being stolen from him with no evidence, then that would make me a traitor.

I have done no such thing. And you have acknowledged that I have done no such thing.

However, Trump supporters have supported a President during the past 3 weeks who has claimed that the election was stolen from him with no evidence. Therefore, this is why Trump supporters are indeed traitors.

actually KWO claimed that banning guns would be good if it saved ONE LIFE. The really awful argument is claiming that Trump supporters are Traitors

That is an awful argument. I think most people support who they support because they believe it's the best for the country.

Comparing accidental death and intentionally killing people is awful.

That is an awful argument. I think most people support who they support because they believe it's the best for the country.

do you agree that banning cars would save more lives than banning a type of firearm that is used in less than 2% of all murders and almost no accidental shootings?

do you agree that banning cars would save more lives than banning a type of firearm that is used in less than 2% of all murders and almost no accidental shootings?

I don't know. I don't have that data to look up what's the death rate of car accidents and gun deaths. But again you guys are making a really stupid argument because you guys are looking at is as in black and white. There are circumstances.

"Can the left and right even converse at this point?"

I think a large portion don't want to give up their punching bags. The ones who are willing to talk to the other side are shouted down by their own.

For the record, I was referring to assault rifles. There is no reason for an American citizen to own a military style weapon and that is why the loss of even one life due to these weapons simply isn't worth it, just so a few men with gun hard-ons can get their jollies.

TD knows this, but he likes to twist what I say.

you guys cannot launch a defense of the gun insanity you support with such false equivalencies, that should show you how indefensible your position is

For the record, I was referring to assault rifles. There is no reason for an American citizen to own a military style weapon and that is why the loss of even one life due to these weapons simply isn't worth it, just so a few men with gun hard-ons can get their jollies.

TD knows this, but he likes to twist what I say.
I don't have a side in this but i would like to hear reasonable argument for gun rights.

I don't have a side in this but i would like to hear reasonable argument for gun rights.
It's not just men who like guns. (I know you didn't say it, but it was in the quote you responded to.)

you guys cannot launch a defense of the gun insanity you support with such false equivalencies, that should show you how indefensible your position is
the only insanity as to guns comes from the bannerrhoids who think people who commit mass murder will obey a gun law.

the second amendment is a good place to start.

the second amendment is a good place to start.

Again I'm not strong for or against it but I don't like the idea of something that was created two hundred years ago doesn't need amendments.

"Can the left and right even converse at this point?"

I think a large portion don't want to give up their punching bags. The ones who are willing to talk to the other side are shouted down by their own.

The other side are traitors. Anyone who supports a President claiming election fraud and that the election was stolen from him with no evidence is a traitor.

There is no reason to be civil with traitors.

Back
Top Bottom