• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the government require you to have an ID to exercise your rights?

I don't have to wait. I can already see what the Democrats have done with the $2.5 trillion unconstitutional CARES Act of 2020 and the $1 trillion unconstitutional Infrastructure bill. Democrats shit on the US Constitution daily.

Neither is unconstitutional.

If so then why don't we have a single mandatory universal national ID system? It would save billions and simplify everything.
The answer yes and no. They can require that you show a valid ID in some cases, however they cannot institute a national ID. That would be unconstitutional. The issue of valid ID goes to the states. If you have not noticed, the states are going to a "Real ID system" that verifies more about you then the typical drivers license or state ID application and puts a gold star on your license or state ID, which the federal government accepts as verified ID.

Tattoos is the answer

Has any government tried ?
You still don't know where you are, do you? This is the United States of America, not the UK. We are a union of 50 soveriegn states, not one big country. While a government ID for all may be legal in the UK, it'snot in the US.

If so then why don't we have a single mandatory universal national ID system? It would save billions and simplify everything.

I thought we have that. If not what is the social security number.

You still don't know where you are, do you? This is the United States of America, not the UK. We are a union of 50 soveriegn states, not one big country. While a government ID for all may be legal in the UK, it'snot in the US.

I meant any US government.

I don't have to wait. I can already see what the Democrats have done with the $2.5 trillion unconstitutional CARES Act of 2020 and the $1 trillion unconstitutional Infrastructure bill. Democrats shit on the US Constitution daily.

You now have a republican majority in the Supreme Court so what's stopping you from striking down such obviously unconstitutional bills?

Tattoos is the answer

Like Agent 47 in the Hitman Games?

What about people like me who have bumpy heads and look trully terrible when bald?
Not everyone can pull-off a barcode on the back of a bald head.

Like Agent 47 in the Hitman Games?

What about people like me who have bumpy heads and look trully terrible when bald?
Not everyone can pull-off a barcode on the back of a bald head.

Well, you wouldn't see it.

You now have a republican majority in the Supreme Court so what's stopping you from striking down such obviously unconstitutional bills?
If only it were that easy. Unfortunately, that is not how it works. There are around 10,000 petitions to the Supreme Court every year to hear cases, and the Supreme Court chooses to hear maybe 80 of them. When I said Democrats were shitting on the US Constitution on a daily basis I was being very serious. They are literally violating the document faster than the Supreme Court can rule. By the time the Supreme Court tosses one unconstitutional law enacted by Democrats, another half dozen unconstitutional laws will be enacted by Democrats.

We need to use Public Law 107-40 to declare the Democratic Party a terrorist organization and send their leadership to spend the rest of their pathetic criminal lives in GITMO. The Democratic Party should be treated no different than Al-Qaeda, with whom the Democrats openly support.

You have to show ID to enter a federal court building or to get on a plane.
Best leave the states to handle ID issues. Real ID.

A buddy and I went over to the Norfolk Va, federal Bldg. last week and they almost put the building on lockdown because of us. He had about a dozen of these in his pocket that he had forgotten about. We had picked them up off the floor of a metal framing job he's doing. Both of us having retired military ID's seemed to calm them down a little bit as one of the agents was Marine at one time. I guess they never saw a powder charge before and we had to explain it to about 10 security people.

1668860942063.png

You are still confused. How may US Governments do you think there are?

We are currently into the 117th US Congress - and as you might know, the legislature is one of the three branches of government

(We are also on to the 46th president)

Is there anything else regarding US politics that you need schooling on ?

We are currently into the 117th US Congress - and as you might know, the legislature is one of the three branches of government

(We are also on to the 46th president)

Is there anything else regarding US politics that you need schooling on ?
Your obvious confusion. You mentioned governments "plural". There is only one US government. Leaders change however it's the same government. And you did not until now mention separate branches of government. If you are going to talk about American government, get the terminology right. You seemed as confused on the issue of "government" as you are on gun rights.

A buddy and I went over to the Norfolk Va, federal Bldg. last week and they almost put the building on lockdown because of us. He had about a dozen of these in his pocket that he had forgotten about. We had picked them up off the floor of a metal framing job he's doing. Both of us having retired military ID's seemed to calm them down a little bit as one of the agents was Marine at one time. I guess they never saw a powder charge before and we had to explain it to about 10 security people.

View attachment 67423815
Yikes! Don't think I'd carry those in my pocket. Seems a bit like using primacord for bootlaces.

Actually, it was very relevant. Social Security is not a national ID, despite your erroneous claims to the contrary, because not everyone has a Social Security number.

Is not.

At this time.

However is was used as identification in the past to include the military from the 1960s until the late 2000s. Making it de facto identification. A veteran would know that.

Is not.

At this time.

However is was used as identification in the past to include the military from the 1960s until the late 2000s. Making it de facto identification. A veteran would know that.
Wrong again. As a veteran, my social security number was important for official paperwork, however I never once showed the card as ID to anyone, official or otherwise It was never a defacto national ID card. My military ID card served that purpose.

Wrong again. As a veteran, my social security number was important for official paperwork, however I never once showed the card as ID to anyone, official or otherwise It was never a defacto national ID card. My military ID card served that purpose.

As it was used by the military as the primary identification for military personnel that makes it identification.

And you never used it for military discounts? Never used it in a bar? As ID of any sort? Border crossing?

Never?

Mine was accepted nationally as such.

As to the SSN you never had to provide it for tax purposes?

Interesting.

Your obvious confusion. You mentioned governments "plural".

Yes I did, and you could argue that there's been 117 US governments (plural).

There is only one US government.

Nope, there is just one US government at any one time.

Leaders change however it's the same government.

Nope, a portion of the government changes after every general election (do you actually know what that is ?)

And you did not until now mention separate branches of government. If you are going to talk about American government, get the terminology right.

The terminology is right....your comprehension of it is what is lacking.

You seemed as confused on the issue of "government" as you are on gun rights.

Nope, it's like you have never heard of the phrase "a change of government".

So when president Biden took over from Trump, it was a change of government.

Yes I did, and you could argue that there's been 117 US governments (plural).

Nope, there is just one US government at any one time.

Nope, a portion of the government changes after every general election (do you actually know what that is ?)

The terminology is right....your comprehension of it is what is lacking.

Nope, it's like you have never heard of the phrase "a change of government".

So when president Biden took over from Trump, it was a change of government.

One US government.

Changing the leader does not change the government.

Back
Top Bottom