• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the GOP look any dumber? And if so how?

Yes. I reject the ones that make no sense, based on misrepresentation of data, lack of voting system configurations, and election methods.

So you accept everything in the report because.............? (That is a question).

When did I say that?

I'll make it easy for you... I didn't.

Given that he didn't tell them to commit fraud, I doubt it's going to go far. Seeing as votes notoriously go missing all the time when it comes to these elections.
I think we'll see plenty of people subject his words to "generous" amounts of interpretationtes.

Asking for them to find a specific number of votes to flip an election and suggesting they would have legal trouble if they didn’t doesn’t sound like asking officials to commit fraud? Great line by John Wayne in a great movie, “The Searchers,” (cue the Wayne imitators) “whatdaya want me to do, drawya a picture?” I want you in my jury when I am indicted.

When did I say that?

I'll make it easy for you... I didn't.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
"Nothing to see here folks... Move along... lol"

Then please explain your statement you made.

You did see most of that was shown to be absurd by Maricopa in their response right?

You mean from the people who fought from day one to prevent any audit from happening?
The people who refused to cooperate in any way?
The same people who ignored court orders to cooperate?
The same people who made up lies to justify their refusal to cooperate?

Have you ever heard the expression CYA?

Yes. I reject the ones that make no sense, based on misrepresentation of data, lack of voting system configurations, and election methods.

So you accept everything in the report because.............? (That is a question).
Bottom line here is that we can have audit after audit. In AZ, now Texas coming up, then perhaps more. The central reality is not voter fraud, but Trump’s refusal to accept defeat. Ever. In any context. Why are the only fraudulent elections the ones when Trump loses, dating back to the Emmys?

Bottom line here is that we can have audit after audit. In AZ, now Texas coming up, then perhaps more. The central reality is not voter fraud, but Trump’s refusal to accept defeat. Ever. In any context. Why are the only fraudulent elections the ones when Trump loses, dating back to the Emmys?
What is so damn funny is Trump won Texas. So with the audit does that mean he won Texas by fraud? :oops::ROFLMAO:

You mean from the people who fought from day one to prevent any audit from happening?
The people who refused to cooperate in any way?
The same people who ignored court orders to cooperate?
The same people who made up lies to justify their refusal to cooperate?

Have you ever heard the expression CYA?

And here you are doing what you cried about on these forums, just weeks ago.
You attack them for who they are, rather than the content of their responses, the hypocrisy is real.
You defeat yourself with your own argument grim17, I pity you on this CT crusade.

The experts at elections, who are responsible for elections, refuted most of that CN post, anyone can ready their refutations.

What is so damn funny is Trump won Texas. So with the audit does that mean he won Texas by fraud? :oops::ROFLMAO:
I believe the idea is to do enough audits in places where 'Trumpers' are in full control to eventually find a Dem voter who voted twice or signed his crippled mothers ballot for her etc. They will then declare that they have proven the election was stolen. Meantime, the continued reinforcement of the 'election was stolen' outrage helps keep Trump relevant and of course keeps the donations rolling in.

I believe the idea is to do enough audits in places where 'Trumpers' are in full control to eventually find a Dem voter who voted twice or signed his crippled mothers ballot for her etc. They will then declare that they have proven the election was stolen. Meantime, the continued reinforcement of the 'election was stolen' outrage helps keep Trump relevant and of course keeps the donations rolling in.
That does not make sense. In Texas Trump won. Doesn't matter if a Dem voted twice or signed for another voter.

I have been a Republican since I could vote, except for a few years I changed to Independent. With this continued bs by Republicans, I am about to change back to Independent.

So sad to see Republicans dissing Republicans in Arizona. The taxpayers are the losers.

That does not make sense. In Texas Trump won. Doesn't matter if a Dem voted twice or signed for another voter.

I have been a Republican since I could vote, except for a few years I changed to Independent. With this continued bs by Republicans, I am about to change back to Independent.

So sad to see Republicans dissing Republicans in Arizona. The taxpayers are the losers.
What I'm suggesting is that in a 'Trumpers world' any sign of an invalid Dem vote can be extrapolated to become proof of mass election fraud. The easiest place to find that invalid Dem vote is in states/counties where 'Trumpers' can control the 'audit' process without formal Dem oversight. It makes perfect sense to do what they are doing so long as you have no principals and see partisan politics as more important than the democratic process.

Three ways to look even dumber:

1. Elect more Marjorie Taylor Greenes and Louis Gohmerts to the House and Senate

2. Sarah Palin 2024

3. Have Mike Lindell host a Constitutional Convention
1. They will certainly do that in 2022. There will be a wave of QAnon supporters elected.

2. They can, and likely will, do much worse than Palin 2024.

3. Lindell will be big in GOP politics for the forceable future.

What I'm suggesting is that in a 'Trumpers world' any sign of an invalid Dem vote can be extrapolated to become proof of mass election fraud. The easiest place to find that invalid Dem vote is in states/counties where 'Trumpers' can control the 'audit' process without formal Dem oversight. It makes perfect sense to do what they are doing so long as you have no principals and see partisan politics as more important than the democratic process.
Yes and the fact that there have been more proven instances of fraudulent votes for Trump can be ignored because they were for a good cause.

View attachment 67355504

Nothing to see here folks... Move along... lol

A lot of what I am seeing there is designed to fool stupid people. Example, Mailed In Ballot Received without Record of Being Sent - that would likely because they were dropped off instead of mailed which is perfectly normal. Voters not part of the official precinct register - that would be voters that mistakenly voted at the wrong precinct, which is common, and usually counted provisionally until verified. Mail-in Ballots voted from prior address, often this is the case with college students, people that move and then move back in with their parents and so on.

It's as though they found that Biden actually won by more votes, but then issued this to fool people with terrible critical thinking skills into thinking that fraud was rampant. Now of course, Trump's base is largely "stupid America", so they knew their target audience there. They sure aren't trying to convince America's best and brightest, that is for sure.

What I find astounding is that people that have witnessed Trump's utterly disgraceful conduct on a daily basis for 4 years while was president, cannot imagine how a solid majority of their fellow Americans would say "You know, this guy is just a despicable human being and I don't him in my life anymore and I sure as hell don't want him as my president any longer." Seriously, how the **** is that so inconceivable to you?

Who knows? I believe that the GOP is somewhat cynically using Trump’s baseless accusations to pass legislation that gives them an election edge, albeit not a huge one. In Texas they seem to be targeting urban areas, much as they did in AZ. Pretty transparent. They have acknowledged that they lose when there is large turnout, and that that voter ID gives them an advantage. Add up all the other stuff done in states in recent years, and especially in recent months, and the pattern emerges fairly clearly.

This is certainly different greatly in degree, but not in purpose, to what happened in the South post-Reconstruction: in part a reaction to new demographics, with a “browner” country that appears to work against the GOP. Years ago, right wing John Bircher types would argue against what they called a “mobocracy,” where too many of the great unwashed voted. One even told me in the 1970s that only property owners should be allowed to vote. The assumption was, I suppose, that those who owned land would have a greater stake in voting wisely, while largely urban non-property owners would fall victim to machine politics like in old Chicago. It’s a form of elitism, touched a bit with Ayn Rand’s philosophy, or fascism as defined to me by a Spaniard in Franco’s time, that certain folks are destined to rule. It surfaces a bit in communism, when they speak of a “vanguard” leading the proletariat. Nowadays it is less philosophical, more simple political self interest. As Trump put it, with high levels of voting “you’d never have a Republican elected.”

Why don't people just let these audits happen, so we can be done with?

Because they are expensive farces and done in addition to audits already completed for the express purpose of spinning a narrative for six more months for people that have no intention to listen to the results.

The election was already fair, and has held up beyond normal scrutiny, and certain people simply aren't going to be convinced. It's time to stop humoring the sore loser party.

The baseless claims of the sore loser party have already been used as pretext to make it harder for people to vote in an effort to actually rig the vote.

What is it with people making wasteful responses and incorrectly formatting their post?

Because they are expensive farces and done in addition to audits already completed for the express purpose of spinning a narrative for six more months for people that have no intention to listen to the results.

The election was already fair, and has held up beyond normal scrutiny, and certain people simply aren't going to be convinced. It's time to stop humoring the sore loser party.
Opinions noted.
The baseless claims of the sore loser party have already been used as pretext to make it harder for people to vote in an effort to actually rig the vote.
More than just "the party" have agreed to these audits. So you can sell that snake oil elsewhere.

Opinions noted.

More than just "the party" have agreed to these audits. So you can sell that snake oil elsewhere.

The audits are being demanded and carried out where the GOP has control of the legislature. No one else has any need to keep trying to recount the last election.

It has now been verified over and over that Donald Trump wasn't as popular as he thought he was in places like Maricopa county AZ.

Others have something called integrity to not keep spinning a conspiracy theory many months later.

Last edited:
Three ways to look even dumber:

1. Elect more Marjorie Taylor Greenes and Louis Gohmerts to the House and Senate

2. Sarah Palin 2024

3. Have Mike Lindell host a Constitutional Convention
Hilarious except it's totally within the scope of their mentality. Then it becomes disconcerting.

This GOP stratagem is along the lines of “Heads I win/ Tails you lose”.

Each challenge reinforces a fallacious narrative. If any challenge is successful the republicans win. If it is not, they claim it’s rigged and wheedle their supporters regardless.

Specifically?
You want to play this game?

I agree, let them have their audits.
Sure. This isn't a gotcha, I'm genuinely curious.

Who, specifically, requested these audits that were not Republicans/Trumpists?

Back
Top Bottom