• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the Border Patrol survive Joe Biden?

I gave concrete examples of crime and national security problems along with costs involved
plus the communicable disease factors - and what is your response?? not much then boilerplate Progressivism
Not even a thin veil. Ta ta.

Can the Border Patrol survive him? I dunno. Are they going to start flouting prohibitions on driving with required prescription lenses and while sober just to own the libs?
Aww, trying to be cute again while completely ignoring the concerns of the people working in the BP? Keep being you lol.

The Border Patrol is a very broken agency full of miscreants and trigger-happy xenophobes like yourself, and, I'm sure, some decent people. It's no wonder you can't see reality when you view the Washington Examiner as a "news source". LOL. Second paragraph notes "Border Patrol agents broke protocol to claim..." as if that were news...

What do you propose be done to straighten out this rogue group of miscreants?

You are making the situation too complicated and expensive. Which is why your suggestions will never happen.

Trump had a majority in both the Senate and House during his first two years. He could have gotten most immigration laws passed or modified. He might even have gotten some votes from the donkeys because many have constitutents that would like to see reform. But the idea of build a frigging wall by declaring a national emergency instead of creating real lasting reform was just stupid. It's like the Versailles treaty after WW1. WW2 was inevitable after the treaty was signed because no one was satisfied with the results. Sound familiar? History repeats for a reason.

I think most Americans would like to see some kind of immigration reform, I know I would, but that takes compromise by both political parties. Given the acrimony that exists today nothing is going to change. Face it, Trump blew it just like he blew the election. The GOP needs to come to grips with reality. Fences and border walls are cheap gimmicks. They are not solutions to the immigration problem. Real solutions require deep thought on who should be admitted, who qualifies for asylum, H-1B visa program existence etc etc. I would enjoy reading your thoughts on those issues when you are ready to discuss them.

Finally, let me remind you that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I give you exhibit A.

"Since 2008, the Republican platform has become an almost caricature of itself; literally doubling down on border barriers.
  • In 2008, the platform demanded a fence along the Southern Border.
  • In 2012, the platform demanded a double layered fence.
  • In 2016, the platform demanded a wall.
  • In 2020 they didn’t adopt a platform of any kind, preferring to run solely on rhetoric."

As with most Democrats, not accusing you pf being a Democrat, just noting the tactic, you are conflating border security with immigration.

These are different topics entirely and need to be addressed separately.

It is similar to conflating withdrawing money from my account at a bank and robbing the bank.

These are also entirely separate topics and need to be addressed separately.

Securing the border against the invasion by illegals entering and all of the other stuff carried along with it from human trafficking to illegal drugs is a needed and important thing to do.

Immigration reform might be needed, but the impetus driving this is currently the lack of border security.

Install and maintain border security and the current immigration problem(s) just go away.

Aww, trying to be cute again while completely ignoring the concerns of the people working in the BP? Keep being you lol.

Stupid revenge-trolling.png

Oh. More dumbassed revenge-trolling. 🥱

amazing thread.
2.2 million illegal crossings last year
drug cartels operating on both sides of the border
sex trafficing in the caravans
migrants by the millions ditching their ID's so they cant be traced

And I'm "xenophobic"?? lol .how many career criminals have entered?how many terrorists?
How many with communicable diseases? How many dumped into cities with no federal funding?
Today's Democrat believes in an open border so there's no middle ground.

Today's Democrat believes in an open border so there's no middle ground.

Might be right in line with them not doing anything to help secure the Ukraine border.

Just lines on a map anyway.

I wonder they get to upset over January 6 when that was just people crossing another boundary made up by another guy that they never met.

Why is THAT boundary so important when our border and the border of Ukraine are not?

The Border Patrol is a very broken agency full of miscreants and trigger-happy xenophobes like yourself, and, I'm sure, some decent people. It's no wonder you can't see reality when you view the Washington Examiner as a "news source". LOL. Second paragraph notes "Border Patrol agents broke protocol to claim..." as if that were news...
Never have read such a trashy post.
One more giant failure for brandon and his feckless administration. Might even be a charge in his impeachment? Who knows?
Will see in January 2023.

One more giant failure for brandon and his feckless administration. Might even be a charge in his impeachment? Who knows?

2022 will be interesting.

After taking some time off from this forum and then coming back about a year ago I have found those on the Left here a nothing but contempt for anyone who doesn't think exactly as they do.

amazing thread.
2.2 million illegal crossings last year
drug cartels operating on both sides of the border
sex trafficing in the caravans
migrants by the millions ditching their ID's so they cant be traced

And I'm "xenophobic"?? lol .how many career criminals have entered?how many terrorists?
How many with communicable diseases? How many dumped into cities with no federal funding?

Really we are nowhere near record illegal immigration. When the economy is good they come. Truth is we need the labor. Congress won't stop it because of that very thing.

It's nothing more that a hot button issue Republicans use during the election cycle to fire up that redneck base. Mitch McConnell will never appropriate the money for a wall or a fence or anything else to stop them from coming. His donors want the cheap illegal labor.

southwest-border-fy-data-1.jpg

Really we are nowhere near record illegal immigration. When the economy is good they come. Truth is we need the labor. Congress won't stop it because of that very thing.

It's nothing more that a hot button issue Republicans use during the election cycle to fire up that redneck base. Mitch McConnell will never appropriate the money for a wall or a fence or anything else to stop them from coming. His donors want the cheap illegal labor.

View attachment 67376409

I'm not sure that those arrested is a good measure of the folks that are not arrested.

I could be wrong.

The CBP needs a colonic. It has a real purpose, and many decent members, but far too many ideologues in positions of authority protecting the miscreants in the ranks. Until they are purged the service will suffer. This is true of any law enforcement agency.
Just admit that you are %100 open border!
Stop playing around. Babbling about the border patrol. Sick......

The Border Patrol seems to be doing very well.
Since fiscal year 2011, U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) discretionary budget has grown from $9.9 billion to $15 billion in FY 2021. The President’s Budget redirects resources from a needless border wall to make robust investments in smarter border security measures, like border technology and modernization of land ports of entry, that are proven to be more effective at improving safety and security at the border. These investments will serve as a force multiplier to the over 19,500 Border Patrol Agents currently helping secure our Nation’s borders and the over 25,500 CBP Officers working at our land, air, and sea ports. The investments will also facilitate more robust and effective security screening to combat human smuggling and trafficking and the entry of undocumented migrants.

Should be completely abolished regardless, all the corruption, racism, domestic abuse and low morale notwithstanding.

ICE and CBP have about as legitimate an existence as the DEA and ATF.
Then who is supposed to be patrolling the borders and manning the ports of entry?

Back
Top Bottom