• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the Border Patrol survive Joe Biden?

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"we are not the welcome wagon"- (BP)
Agents say their new responsibilities have little to do with the mission they signed up to perform. Instead, they're now focused on documenting and processing people who illegally cross the border, transporting them from the border to stations, and then releasing them by the hundreds of thousands.

Roughly 30% of the 2 million times Border Patrol agents encountered someone attempting to enter the country illegally from Mexico in 2021, they let them go into the United States, despite a still-in-effect public health protocol that requires every person be returned south to avoid filling border facilities with people or releasing them amid a global pandemic.

“The U.S. Border Patrol has become part of the alien smuggling organizations by aiding, abetting, and facilitating the illegal aliens' movements throughout the U.S. The very same thing we swore to protect against is what we’ve now become,” said one agent who works in a senior capacity in Texas.

“Our job’s a joke,” said a second Border Patrol agent stationed in Texas, where the bulk of the migrants are crossing. “We’re not doing our jobs. We’re releasing people all day. We go from arresting people in the woods, pulling over fully loaded vehicles, to releasing people onto the streets of America. The smugglers look at us and laugh at us.”

Agents say their new responsibilities have little to do with the mission they signed up to perform. Instead, they're now focused on documenting and processing people who illegally cross the border, transporting them from the border to stations, and then releasing them by the hundreds of thousands.

Roughly 30% of the 2 million times Border Patrol agents encountered someone attempting to enter the country illegally from Mexico in 2021, they let them go into the United States, despite a still-in-effect public health protocol that requires every person be returned south to avoid filling border facilities with people or releasing them amid a global pandemic.

“The U.S. Border Patrol has become part of the alien smuggling organizations by aiding, abetting, and facilitating the illegal aliens' movements throughout the U.S. The very same thing we swore to protect against is what we’ve now become,” said one agent who works in a senior capacity in Texas.

“Our job’s a joke,” said a second Border Patrol agent stationed in Texas, where the bulk of the migrants are crossing. “We’re not doing our jobs. We’re releasing people all day. We go from arresting people in the woods, pulling over fully loaded vehicles, to releasing people onto the streets of America. The smugglers look at us and laugh at us.”

I'm thinking the border patrol will survive, yes.

Thank you for asking.

Not doing their jobs? They haven't done their jobs in decades.

Are you new?

Washington Examiner

Don't click

Finish building the wall, add electronic monitoring, use drones and assure border security.

I would also suggest moving every domestic military base to the Southern border where they could used to assist the border patrol.

Finally, ALL people seeking asylum and admitted to the the US should be housed in barracks on the North Coast of Alaska or returned to their country of origin.

The Border Patrol is a very broken agency full of miscreants and trigger-happy xenophobes like yourself, and, I'm sure, some decent people. It's no wonder you can't see reality when you view the Washington Examiner as a "news source". LOL. Second paragraph notes "Border Patrol agents broke protocol to claim..." as if that were news...

They just have to hang in there until Jan. 2024.

This is possibly Biden’s biggest failure. A country without borders isn’t a country.

Should be completely abolished regardless, all the corruption, racism, domestic abuse and low morale notwithstanding.

ICE and CBP have about as legitimate an existence as the DEA and ATF.

"In late October, the House Oversight Committee released the results of its investigation into CBP's response to a private Border Patrol Facebook group where violently racist and sexist memes were shared. The agency's own disciplinary board recommended firing 24 employees for violating the agency's code of conduct. Only two were fired."

Can the Border Patrol survive him? I dunno. Are they going to start flouting prohibitions on driving with required prescription lenses and while sober just to own the libs?

It's a no-brainer.

We need more bureaucrats and cocial services there to process people so the border patrol can do the work of dealing with crime.

"In late October, the House Oversight Committee released the results of its investigation into CBP's response to a private Border Patrol Facebook group where violently racist and sexist memes were shared. The agency's own disciplinary board recommended firing 24 employees for violating the agency's code of conduct. Only two were fired."

Basically the klan in uniform.

I feel bad for the people trying to come here who have to deal with them.

The CBP needs a colonic. It has a real purpose, and many decent members, but far too many ideologues in positions of authority protecting the miscreants in the ranks. Until they are purged the service will suffer. This is true of any law enforcement agency.

Last edited:
The CBP needs a colonic. It has a real purpose, and many decent members, but far too many ideologues in positions of authority protecting the miscreants in the ranks. Until they are purged the service will suffer.

Then we have the Fox News bigots driving the narrative that they're all "illegal" when few of them are. Hard to address the problem with a false narrative.

Basically the klan in uniform.

I feel bad for the people trying to come here who have to deal with them.
I agree, as well as for the honorable members who have to work with them. The real question is, can the CBP be reformed? Or, should it be disbanded and replaced?

Finish building the wall, add electronic monitoring, use drones and assure border security.

I would also suggest moving every domestic military base to the Southern border where they could used to assist the border patrol.

Finally, ALL people seeking asylum and admitted to the the US should be housed in barracks on the North Coast of Alaska or returned to their country of origin.
You are making the situation too complicated and expensive. Which is why your suggestions will never happen.

Trump had a majority in both the Senate and House during his first two years. He could have gotten most immigration laws passed or modified. He might even have gotten some votes from the donkeys because many have constitutents that would like to see reform. But the idea of build a frigging wall by declaring a national emergency instead of creating real lasting reform was just stupid. It's like the Versailles treaty after WW1. WW2 was inevitable after the treaty was signed because no one was satisfied with the results. Sound familiar? History repeats for a reason.

I think most Americans would like to see some kind of immigration reform, I know I would, but that takes compromise by both political parties. Given the acrimony that exists today nothing is going to change. Face it, Trump blew it just like he blew the election. The GOP needs to come to grips with reality. Fences and border walls are cheap gimmicks. They are not solutions to the immigration problem. Real solutions require deep thought on who should be admitted, who qualifies for asylum, H-1B visa program existence etc etc. I would enjoy reading your thoughts on those issues when you are ready to discuss them.

Finally, let me remind you that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I give you exhibit A.

"Since 2008, the Republican platform has become an almost caricature of itself; literally doubling down on border barriers.
  • In 2008, the platform demanded a fence along the Southern Border.
  • In 2012, the platform demanded a double layered fence.
  • In 2016, the platform demanded a wall.
  • In 2020 they didn’t adopt a platform of any kind, preferring to run solely on rhetoric."

You are making the situation too complicated and expensive. Which is why your suggestions will never happen.

Trump had a majority in both the Senate and House during his first two years. He could have gotten most immigration laws passed or modified. He might even have gotten some votes from the donkeys because many have constitutents that would like to see reform. But the idea of build a frigging wall by declaring a national emergency instead of creating real lasting reform was just stupid. It's like the Versailles treaty after WW1. WW2 was inevitable after the treaty was signed because no one was satisfied with the results. Sound familiar? History repeats for a reason.

I think most Americans would like to see some kind of immigration reform, I know I would, but that takes compromise by both political parties. Given the acrimony that exists today nothing is going to change. Face it, Trump blew it just like he blew the election. The GOP needs to come to grips with reality. Fences and border walls are cheap gimmicks. They are not solutions to the immigration problem. Real solutions require deep thought on who should be admitted, who qualifies for asylum, H-1B visa program existence etc etc. I would enjoy reading your thoughts on those issues when you are ready to discuss them.

Finally, let me remind you that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I give you exhibit A.

"Since 2008, the Republican platform has become an almost caricature of itself; literally doubling down on border barriers.
  • In 2008, the platform demanded a fence along the Southern Border.
  • In 2012, the platform demanded a double layered fence.
  • In 2016, the platform demanded a wall.
  • In 2020 they didn’t adopt a platform of any kind, preferring to run solely on rhetoric."
You're missing the point. He's just following the xenophobic and racist "code". He doesn't care about policy.

Stop watching FOX news

amazing thread.
2.2 million illegal crossings last year
drug cartels operating on both sides of the border
sex trafficing in the caravans
migrants by the millions ditching their ID's so they cant be traced

And I'm "xenophobic"?? lol .how many career criminals have entered?how many terrorists?
How many with communicable diseases? How many dumped into cities with no federal funding?

amazing thread.
2.2 million illegal crossings last year
drug cartels operating on both sides of the border
sex trafficing in the caravans
migrants by the millions ditching their ID's so they cant be traced

And I'm "xenophobic"?? lol .how many career criminals have entered?how many terrorists?
How many with communicable diseases? How many dumped into cities with no federal funding?
Fox is "too left wing" for some ideologues.
See? BTW, thanks for demonstrating my point.
"And I'm "xenophobic"??" Well, obviously.

I'd say Biden is far more likely to pass on first.

See? BTW, thanks for demonstrating my point.
"And I'm "xenophobic"??" Well, obviously.
I gave concrete examples of crime and national security problems along with costs involved
plus the communicable disease factors - and what is your response?? not much then boilerplate Progressivism

Back
Top Bottom