• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Texas go blue?

dex4974

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I think that would signal the beginning of the end of the GOP. That's their California; it's vital for them. Uncertainty about which color Texas could turn in any given election really changes the game I think.

I think that would signal the beginning of the end of the GOP. That's their California; it's vital for them. Uncertainty about which color Texas could turn in any given election really changes the game I think.

I think it is unlikely to go blue this cycle, but this concern is mainly what is behind all the fears about immigration and other racial fears you have seen from the GOP over the last 3.75 years.

Did someone say BlueTex? :2razz:

Possibly but not likely this year... Way too many ways Texas suppresses the vote... If we had no excuse absentee voting the probability would increase...

Yeah maybe. Another game changer would be if DC or Puerto Rico get statehood.

It is close and even possible, but this year who knows, thinking the repubs will squeeze out a win here barely. This is why I believe the EC votes from each state should be divided according to the percentage of the popular vote division.

I think it is unlikely to go blue this cycle, but this concern is mainly what is behind all the fears about immigration and other racial fears you have seen from the GOP over the last 3.75 years.

If you view it from their perspective it's a legitimate concern. Imagine if California was slowly becoming at risk of going red. The left would be ****ting itself.

If you view it from their perspective it's a legitimate concern. Imagine if California was slowly becoming at risk of going red. The left would be ****ting itself.

I would be worried, sure, but it takes a special kind of sicko to go alt-right or qanon.

I would be worried, sure, but it takes a special kind of sicko to go alt-right or qanon.

Don't forget they believe their **** as much as you do. In their world they are protecting all that is good from the likes of you, the one that represents evil, and the fight is slowly being lost.

Texas is very aggressively suppressing the vote in areas they know vote blue. So, it will take time to flip that state.

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote
Last year, Texas led the US south in an unenviable statistic: closing down the most polling stations, making it more difficult for people to vote and arguably benefiting Republicans.

A report by civil rights group The Leadership Conference Education Fund found that 750 polls had been closed statewide since 2012.

That's a lot of sites to close in a growing state. And, it explains why Trump and Co are trying to squash mail in voting.

Nope Trump will win Texas

Don't forget they believe their **** as much as you do. In their world they are protecting all that is good from the likes of you, the one that represents evil, and the fight is slowly being lost.

I am aware and have been aware. Unfortunately all I can do is pity them since they voluntarily left the world of reality for preference of a comforting set of myths. I hope and pray that they come out of their delusion with a minimum of trauma.

I doubt that Texas will be blue this time. Don't count on it.

I get it, Trump bugs the **** out of you, dang Biden v Trump .. hate to have $$ riden on biden

Texas makes it very difficult to vote by design... God help the GOP if the Texas legislature turns blue... The battle for Texas is at state government, not at the national level.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 8.34.30 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 8.34.37 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I get it, Trump bugs the **** out of you, dang Biden v Trump .. hate to have $$ riden on biden

Why do Republicans suppress the vote?

Answer that without lying or deflecting. I bet you won't.

Don’t know, do they? Why are Democrats always accused of voter fraud, ballot harvesting, illegals voting and the dead voting?

Don’t know, do they? Why are Democrats always accused of voter fraud, ballot harvesting, illegals voting and the dead voting?

Accusations that never hold up with facts are very different than active measures to suppress the vote.

It would change the game but not in the way you think. If Texas turned blue, it would mean a hell of a lot of blue dog democrats in Congress which the left isn't prepared for.

Accusations that never hold up with facts are very different than active measures to suppress the vote.

What active measures to suppress the vote? If you mean only legal US citizens are allowed voting rights then we both know you are telling porky ****ing fibs

What active measures to suppress the vote? If you mean only legal US citizens are allowed voting rights then we both know you are telling porky ****ing fibs

Who can register for an absentee ballot is Texas for starters?

Because it benefits them. I think Democrats might do the same if it benefited them.

It would change the game but not in the way you think. If Texas turned blue, it would mean a hell of a lot of blue dog democrats in Congress which the left isn't prepared for.

I think we can handle it... Let's give it a shot..

Back
Top Bottom