• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Stock Buyback Activity Translate into Wealth and Prosperity for Woking Class Americans?

If the 2009 MW of $7.25 was adjusted for CPI inflation (a completely rational position) then it would be about $9/hour now. I have no problem with (annually) adjusting the federal MW for CPI inflation - as is now done for SS retirement benefits.

That’s great, but you still used it as your baseline and now are pivoting to a different conversation.

When you can explain to me why you did that, I’ll be happy to engage you at face value.

I wish folks would wrap their heads around this simple concept the next time they want to argue the stock market is a good indicator of our economy’s health.

I could not agree more and it is incredibly dangerous because it's part of an agenda-driven plan to get the restivus to back-stop stockholder losses.

Neither stocks nor stock markets nor corporations are necessary for a fully functioning successful economy. Corporations are creatures of the State and functioned then as now: an extension of a State's State Department or Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Stocks are merely one of a dozen ways for a company to raise cash.

No stock market crash has ever caused a recession and it isn't even possible. During the 1925 Recession, 1928 Recession and the 1960 Recession the stock markets set weekly record highs which totally contradicts claims that stocks are an indicator of anything.

At other times when the economy was growing at 12.5% GDP per quarter, the stock markets tanked.

The remaining times the stock market went sideways during times of growth or recession.

And the biggest lie of all: "I lost money!"

They didn't lose one single penny.

You invest $10,000 at $10,00/share and the stock price jumps to $80,00/share then the market loses 42% of its value.

How much money did you lose?

$0.

Your $10,000 is still there unmolested.

That $80/share is just the theoretical value. When you sell it for $80/share only then does the theoretical value change to real value.

The problem is there are people who want you to reimburse them for the something they never lost.

Take into account that nearly 30% of the worlds population is under the age 18.

I don't really find much value in lies, damned lies, or statistics as they tend to apply a belief that there is a one size fits all solution, ignoring a multitude of varying causes.

I have suggested the stock market is where the Federal government should acquire the revenue needed to run the Federal government, leaving only States to tax individual income to acquire the revenue needed for their functions.
Repeal the 16th and 17th amendments and maybe then some change for the better can begin to occur.

Bitcoins of 1999.
They were seriously considered as an investment tool and a repository of accumulated wealth

EtTh3_vXYAADJDW

Back
Top Bottom