• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can someone please tell me what a "globalist" is?

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
And when you're done with that, please let me know what brand of flat-screen TV you own.

Throwing around idiotic jargony phrases can really make you look and sound stupid.

We live in an interconnected world. Well over half (if not more) of our consumer goods are manufactured elsewhere. In spite of our most sincere wet dream wishes there are myriad basic goods and materials that we don't have here in the US. That means we have to trade for those goods and materials. And unless you want to start paying 3-4x what you're now paying for your TV's, shirts, shoes, cell phones, refrigerators perhaps you imbeciles should reconsider throwing around terms you obviously don't comprehend.

I think it refers to people who believe in the free market for global trade, or who believe in international laws to apply for things like war crimes, trade agreements, border disputes, etc… rather than just for the country with the biggest military to impose its will on everyone else.

“Da Joos”

And when you're done with that, please let me know what brand of flat-screen TV you own.

Throwing around idiotic jargony phrases can really make you look and sound stupid.

We live in an interconnected world. Well over half (if not more) of our consumer goods are manufactured elsewhere. In spite of our most sincere wet dream wishes there are myriad basic goods and materials that we don't have here in the US. That means we have to trade for those goods and materials. And unless you want to start paying 3-4x what you're now paying for your TV's, shirts, shoes, cell phones, refrigerators perhaps you imbeciles should reconsider throwing around terms you obviously don't comprehend.
Here you go. I answered your question before you asked in this other thread.

And, in this one...

As you can see, this has nothing to do with what brand of TV someone buys. It's about control and money.

"Globalist" is an alt-right/alt-reality term, and is nothing more than an object of derision and hatred.

Much like the desire for “freedom” when they are in a position of power and privilege, and “law and order” when others get uppity- “globalist” is a pejorative used by Americans who think they should be free from international law as long as they have the biggest military in the planet.

That is, incidentally, why they are so “conservative” and wanting to preserve the status quo- because the status quo is racist.

Last edited:
I think it refers to people who believe in the free market for global trade, or who believe in international laws to apply for things like war crimes, trade agreements, border disputes, etc… rather than just for the country with the biggest military to impose its will on everyone else.
This would seem accurate, but in the 21st century, who but a small group of ultra-nationalists isn't a globalist by this definition?

I never see anyone other than nationalists use the term, and to them, everyone who isn't a nationalist is a globalist. It's pretty meaningless around here, imo.

As you can see, this has nothing to do with what brand of TV someone buys. It's about control and money.

Are you talking about Donald Trump? Because you just nailed it.

For example, he could care less what all the physicians and scientists recommended on masks and vaccines. He just knew lots of ignorant and uncaring people didn’t like wearing masks, and were afraid of getting a shot. So he told them that they should be free to kill each other, as long as they kept voting for him to be in the White House. Because honestly, he could care less about you or the rest of his followers dying like flies. That’s why he openly lied about all this so much and tried to downplay it, even when we have him on audio admitting he knew just how dangerous this thing really was. He just wants control and power at any price- even if it’s the overthrow of the entire system of American democracy and its government. That’s all he is about.

Last edited:
"Globalist" is an alt-right/alt-reality term, and is nothing more than an object of derision and hatred.
Thus sayeth the cult. Let it be so.

LG It isn't plugged in.

You're doing that.

We live in an interconnecte world. Well over half (if not more) of our consumer goods are manufactured elsewhere. In spite of our most sincere wet dream wishes there are myriad basic goods and materials that we don't have here in the US. That means we have to trade for those goods and materials.
So, you know what it means. You just object to the label. In a sense that makes a valid point. Labels are inherently prejudicial. See, for example, Michael Cole's post.

And unless you want to start paying 3-4x what you're now paying for your TV's, shirts, shoes, cell phones, refrigerators perhaps you imbeciles should reconsider throwing around terms you obviously don't comprehend.
You're not bad with labels yourself.

Excellent.

Considering the bolded, humans have always traded over distances allowed by the weather and technology of the time. Long-distance trade pre-dates dynastic Egypt.

Ironically, globalism is what made the southern plantation owners rich. Indeed, it made the US rich. Doubly ironic, Egypt still produces the world's finest cotton.

This would seem accurate, but in the 21st century, who but a small group of ultra-nationalists isn't a globalist by this definition?

I never see anyone other than nationalists use the term, and to them, everyone who isn't a nationalist is a globalist. It's pretty meaningless around here, imo.

The election of Donald Trump to the White House and so many crazies to congress seems to suggest they are not a small group.

Are you talking about Donald Trump? Because you just nailed it.

For example, he could care less what all the physicians and scientists recommended on masks and vaccines. He just knew lots of ignorant and uncaring people didn’t like wearing masks, and were afraid of getting a shot. So he told them that they should be free to kill each other, as long as they kept voting for him to be in the White House. Because honestly, he could care less about you or the rest of his followers dying like flies. That’s why he openly lied about all this so much and tried to downplay it, even when we have him on audio admitting he knew just how dangerous this thing really was. He just wants control and power at any price- even if it’s the overthrow of the entire system of American democracy and its government. That’s all he is about.
Regardless your spin and nonsense, Trump is not a Globalist.

You didn't even read the definition, did you?

You are preaching to the choir.

Most of us know history, however the lowest common denominator is listening to the far right insane commentary who have convinced their audiences them that "globalist" can be a derogatory term and all because Republicans want exclusive benefit of what globalism does entirely to their overlord's bottom line.

Regardless your spin and nonsense, Trump is not a Globalist.

Trump is absolutely a Globalist, most of his business enterprises (successes and failures... of which there is many) involved international organizations dealing with the movement of goods and services across multiple nations.

You cannot spin that away no matter how hard you try.

To be an idealogue you have to have an idea. That clearly leaves Simpleton out.
Truer than it seems. Narcissists don't have ideas. If they had ideas, they'd be in therapy.

Narcissists have methods. Everything they say and do is caused by and directed at the ego. The methods vary only in who and/or what is being manipulated. This invariably includes deception, with self-deception being the ultimate, never-realized goal.

Trump is absolutely a Globalist, most of his business enterprises (successes and failures... of which there is many) involved international organizations dealing with the movement of goods and services across multiple nations.

You cannot spin that away no matter how hard you try.
sigh...

Another one who didn't read the definition. You are wasting my time.

You are dismissed.

A globalist is anybody that is not a nationalist. Globalism started with the expansion of trade between countries around the world, in the time of Marco Polo, and all that comes with and falls out of that has become the modern world. We live in a globalist world. If you want to withdraw from the world into your own and believe your country should do the same, you're a nationalist.

I have a Sceptre flat-screen TV, made in China. The place where Marco went to trade.

sigh...

You are dismissed.

More that you cannot refine the definition enough to remove how Trump made money.

What is dismissed is the bullshit rhetoric from the right that presumes globalism is entirely for their benefit only.

sigh...

You are dismissed.
I have nothing against the Cambridge dictionary, but the definition is a logical fallacy.

someone who believes that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way, rather than according to what is best for one particular country

It's a false dichotomy. It assumes what's best internationally is not best nationally. While that may be the case in any particular situation, it is not the case in all. Definition dismissed.

A word that the FRW thinks is a slur that implies that the target is anti-American. It's almost as stupid as the phrase rent-free.

Long-distance trade pre-dates the nation-state. Pre-historic societies traded with each other.

From Egypt to Greece to Rome in the West, the nation-state evolved both as a trading partner and conqueror. Perhaps this is the dichotomy we're seeing here. Trading resources vs taking them.

The US is by no means self-sufficient. Thinking otherwise is batshit crazy, so I'm not sure what a nationalist economy would look like.

Back
Top Bottom