• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can someone photoshop this for me please?

Real Korimyr #9

Not Myself, I'm a Replica of Me
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Set my avatar back to my "classic" look, and I realized that it's looking a little worse for wear. I was wondering if someone could take the image and clean it up, and replace the blue background with a transparency. I would really appreciate it.

Set my avatar back to my "classic" look, and I realized that it's looking a little worse for wear. I was wondering if someone could take the image and clean it up, and replace the blue background with a transparency. I would really appreciate it.

I'll be willing to try. This morning is really busy for me but I'll be willing to work on it this afternoon/tonight. I use Gimp and have had to doctor a lot of cartoon, photos, and other images for use on my HD screen. PM Sent

View attachment 67153769

I came up with this.

PM Middleground. She created my avatar, and if she can put boobs on an owl, she can do anything! :)

Aunt Spiker took care of it for me. Thank you to everyone who responded, but especially to her.

Aunt Spiker took care of it for me. Thank you to everyone who responded, but especially to her.

Ah! The file export worked after-all and DP permits the transparency, good. It could use a few more tweaks, like around his ears, though.

Ah! The file export worked after-all and DP permits the transparency, good. It could use a few more tweaks, like around his ears, though.

I'm happy with it, but any further work you want to put into it, I will make use of-- and appreciate.

Trace it in Inkscape or illustrator and turn the black lines into clean perfect vectors.

It'll last forever that way, whatever changes or scale you decide to go for.

Trace it in Inkscape or illustrator and turn the black lines into clean perfect vectors.

I don't even know what you just said.

I've got another project if someone doesn't mind helping me with something off of the DP forums. I started a Facebook group for transhumanist Ásatrúar and I found a good picture for the group cover picture-- but I need to put the name onto it, and all I've got to work with is the text tools in GIMP. Could someone take this image and add the words "h+ Heathenry" to it, centered just underneath the rainbow?

1380453_235086523313641_1547092188_n.jpg

Please? Pretty pretty please?

I don't even know what you just said.

Image files are usually either bitmaps or vectors. Photoshop and Gimp produce images made up of lots of tiny dots or pixels. Vector files are mathematical lines between dots on a line or curve. What is important is how they appear on your screen - bitmaps can appear jaggy / aliased or pixelated whereas vector images have perfect edges. (Despite your computer or printer rendering them to you as pixels!)

Another way of saying it is that vector files are resolution independent whereas bitmaps are all about resolution - the proviso is that your computer screen displays pixels (but your images will look cleaner) and if you print a vector image it is turned into pixels or dots by your printer.

Basically if you create the image or avatar using vectors, you can scale it up or down without losing quality.

Hopefully this image will explain -

raster_vs_vector.jpg

Back
Top Bottom