• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can someone explain to me why natural immunity testing/status is not part of the COVID solution?

To anti-vax Trumper?
Yeah, not the least bit surprised.
I am being serious here, and open to a discussion about the risk / benefit / impact of Coronavirus GoF research.

At this moment, to me, the risk and impact seem to greatly outweigh the benefits, at least to my present understanding.

I'm wondering what your argument for the greater benefits is, hence, as I posted:
"How about something more compelling like: 'Without genetically engineered GoF virus research, there would be no mRNA vaccines'. Is this a true statement?"

I'm willing to discuss here. You throw it back into my face. Are you willing to reconsider an exploratory discussion on this topic?

This assertion would certainly appear to be anti-science.
The young healthy people dying from this virus is due to an over reaction. Of course luckily with this strain over reaction has been rare among the young and healthy. Most of the people who have died were the elderly or those who already had weakened immune systems. If you remember with influenza of 1918 a whole lot of the deaths were young healthy people whose immune system over reacted and became the reason they died. Lets hope the same does not happen with this virus. All it takes a slight mutation and next thing you know instead of young healthy people being asymptomatic we could see just the opposite.

The young healthy people dying from this virus is due to an over reaction. Of course luckily with this strain over reaction has been rare among the young and healthy. Most of the people who have died were the elderly or those who already had weakened immune systems. If you remember with influenza of 1918 a whole lot of the deaths were young healthy people whose immune system over reacted and became the reason they died. Lets hope the same does not happen with this virus. All it takes a slight mutation and next thing you know instead of young healthy people being asymptomatic we could see just the opposite.
I dunno about how realistic it is to fear that which appears to not have a high chance of happening (the mutation you appear to fear).

The coronavirus is mutating, but you shouldn't freak out ...

https://www.cnet.com/health/coronavirus-mutating-why-you-dont-need-to-freak-out-about-it/
They don't change much about the virus or the way it spreads. The novel coronavirus -- aka SARS-CoV-2 (the actual name of the virus) and COVID-19 (the name of the disease) -- has started to mutate ...

True, viruses mutate, but apparently no reason to fear.

Is there a limit to how much the coronavirus can mutate ...

https://www.livescience.com/how-much-can-coronavirus-mutate-variants.html
The coronavirus is mutating, picking up genetic changes as the world races to vaccinate people as fast as possible. It's normal for viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, to mutate. But is there a limit to...

And there's a limit to the mutations effects.

Of course, all bets are off when a virus is genetically engineered, engineering in gain of function which makes the virus more transmissible and more damaging to human lung tissues.

I've asked what scientific knowledge can be gained from genetically engineering GoF in Corona-viruses, and if that scientific knowledge is worth the risk such engineered GoF pose, but seems that very few want to have this exploratory discussion.

It is all about control. To maintain the fear any solution not involving the government must be suppressed. Any science not supportive of the Democrat narrative must be suppressed.
Yes giving all the people a vaccine that may save their life for free is the wet dream of all dictators and authoritarians. Boy are you paranoid...or delusional.
No one knows how much immunity a person gets from being infected or how many antibodies are enough to protect you from covid. We have data from the vaccine trials not from the previously infected. That is the answer to the topic.

I dunno about how realistic it is to fear that which appears to not have a high chance of happening (the mutation you appear to fear).

The coronavirus is mutating, but you shouldn't freak out ...

https://www.cnet.com/health/coronavirus-mutating-why-you-dont-need-to-freak-out-about-it/
They don't change much about the virus or the way it spreads. The novel coronavirus -- aka SARS-CoV-2 (the actual name of the virus) and COVID-19 (the name of the disease) -- has started to mutate ...

True, viruses mutate, but apparently no reason to fear.

Is there a limit to how much the coronavirus can mutate ...

https://www.livescience.com/how-much-can-coronavirus-mutate-variants.html
The coronavirus is mutating, picking up genetic changes as the world races to vaccinate people as fast as possible. It's normal for viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, to mutate. But is there a limit to...

And there's a limit to the mutations effects.

Of course, all bets are off when a virus is genetically engineered, engineering in gain of function which makes the virus more transmissible and more damaging to human lung tissues.

I've asked what scientific knowledge can be gained from genetically engineering GoF in Corona-viruses, and if that scientific knowledge is worth the risk such engineered GoF pose, but seems that very few want to have this exploratory discussion.
Such a discussion is above your pay grade or mine. Get yourself a Phd in infectious diseases and get back to us.

Having COVID and recovered, you would also have anti bodies against the COVID virus in your blood stream, wouldn't you?
No , it is not recommended.

oThe U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is reminding the public and health care providers that results from currently authorized SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests should not be used to evaluate a person’s level of immunity or protection from COVID-19 at any time, and especially after the person received a COVID-19 vaccination.

As of July 8, more than 4 million children had been diagnosed with Covid-19, representing 14.2 percent of all cases, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. More than 31,000 new cases were reported in the week of June 24 to July 8, the association reported.

At least 335 children, ages 17 and younger, have died from Covid-19, according to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, although serious complications in kids remain extremely rare. But increasing cases among children, including severe ones, are expected as the delta variant spreads and with no Covid vaccine authorized for children under the age of 12.

“Last year, for example, you would have to give a child a really high infectious dose to make them sick, but with the virus that's more contagious, even what would be an insignificant exposure could get them sick,” said Dr. Carlos Oliveira, a pediatric infectious diseases doctor and assistant professor of pediatrics at the Yale School of Medicine.

I am being serious here, and open to a discussion about the risk / benefit / impact of Coronavirus GoF research.

At this moment, to me, the risk and impact seem to greatly outweigh the benefits, at least to my present understanding.

I'm wondering what your argument for the greater benefits is, hence, as I posted:
"How about something more compelling like: 'Without genetically engineered GoF virus research, there would be no mRNA vaccines'. Is this a true statement?"

I'm willing to discuss here. You throw it back into my face. Are you willing to reconsider an exploratory discussion on this topic?

Any discussion of GoF, like any discussion of COVID origin, must consider the conflict of interest in the scientific community. After all, it was said "without GoF, virology is dead'. Same thing can be said of climate change scientists.

It is all about control. To maintain the fear any solution not involving the government must be suppressed. Any science not supportive of the Democrat narrative must be suppressed.

What solution not involving the govt is being suppressed and by whom?

What science does not support what Dem narrative is being suppressed?

An example/citation of the above would help.

If their was nothing to worry about with mutations we would not have this pandemic to start with or the variants that have already emerged. The following is right out of your article.

It turns out there is a limit, but we don't exactly know what it is; and we can't begin to predict all of the possible mutations the virus could undergo, virologists told Live Science. The number of possible genetic mutations is greater than all the atoms in the visible universe, said Vincent Racaniello, a professor of microbiology and immunology at Columbia University in New York City. "A good fraction of the genome can be replaced."

What solution not involving the govt is being suppressed and by whom?

What science does not support what Dem narrative is being suppressed?

An example/citation of the above would help.
Natural immunity. CHeck out the OP

As of July 8, more than 4 million children had been diagnosed with Covid-19, representing 14.2 percent of all cases, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. More than 31,000 new cases were reported in the week of June 24 to July 8, the association reported.

At least 335 children, ages 17 and younger, have died from Covid-19, according to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, although serious complications in kids remain extremely rare. But increasing cases among children, including severe ones, are expected as the delta variant spreads and with no Covid vaccine authorized for children under the age of 12.

“Last year, for example, you would have to give a child a really high infectious dose to make them sick, but with the virus that's more contagious, even what would be an insignificant exposure could get them sick,” said Dr. Carlos Oliveira, a pediatric infectious diseases doctor and assistant professor of pediatrics at the Yale School of Medicine.

335 deaths in comparison to 500,000. Children account for only 1 in 1,500 of the deaths. When I watch children everywhere playing without any vaccine, mask, social distancing, even a concern for this virus they are clearly at a very low risk.

335 deaths in comparison to 500,000. Children account for only 1 in 1,500 of the deaths. When I watch children everywhere playing without any vaccine, mask, social distancing, even a concern for this virus they are clearly at a very low risk.
Low? There are 75,000,000 kids under 18. 335 deaths = 0.000004%. Statistically zero. And more likely than not, most of those 335 kids that unfortunately died had comorbidities or compromised immune systems.

The games the CDC, the administration, the teacher's unions and blue states and cities are playing with our children is criminal.

This is not a rhetorical question. I sincerely want to understand. Is it too expensive or time-consuming to test for this? Does it have to do with Rx profits? Something else?
As far as we know, natural immunity probably doesn't last as long as vaccination. Recovery may also be less effective against variants. As a result, the CDC recommends that if you had COVID, wait 90 days and get vaccinated.

Plus, the cost and risks of a vaccination are negligible. Lots of upside, minimal downside.

Well for one, you can't sell billions of dollars of something that in natural and FREE anyway.
And secondly, how can use something that is natural and FREE be used to control and manipulate people with? That would be like trying to manipulate people by telling them that the air they breath can be regulated.....oh wait, they already do that. Nevermind.

Deaths are tragic yes,

But long haul Covid is affecting as many as 1 in 4 children and teens who have had Covid . 4 million children who have had Covid as of July 6, 2021.

Healthline

Experts are learning how long-haul COVID-19 affects children and teenagers.
Long-haul COVID-19 symptoms may appear weeks after the initial infection, even if the initial infection is mild or asymptomatic. The symptoms may also change over time.

In particular, attention has turned to people with long-haul COVID-19, a syndrome that has appeared in people who have lingering symptoms after an acute case of COVID-19.
………….
In Michigan we have a long haul Covid rehab clinic that is dedicated to the child and teen voctiof long haul Covid.

Last edited:
Biden would not be president if the virus was not politicized. No question.
So the one term mistake slit his own throat? Yea that makes perfect sense and I am not being sarcastic. Losers are going to lose.

As far as we know, natural immunity probably doesn't last as long as vaccination. Recovery may also be less effective against variants. As a result, the CDC recommends that if you had COVID, wait 90 days and get vaccinated.

Plus, the cost and risks of a vaccination are negligible. Lots of upside, minimal downside.

"As far as we know, natural immunity probably doesn't last as long as vaccination." Read that over a few times.

We probably "know" nothing at this point. I am waiting on the 5 year study on the efficacy and unintended consequences of the various vaccines. Meanwhile I will be a case study in natural immunity for comparison.

So the one term mistake slit his own throat? Yea that makes perfect sense and I am not being sarcastic. Losers are going to lose.
Thanks for admitting Biden is a drooling simp. The honesty is appreciated.

Thanks for admitting Biden is a drooling simp. The honesty is appreciated.
Biden got 7 million more votes than your drooling simp. That makes Mr. One and done the drooling champ.

Deaths are tragic yes,

But long haul Covid is affecting as many as 1 in 4 children and teens who have had Covid . 4 million children who have had Covid as of July 6, 2021.
1 in 4 infection rate among children and their parents is about what I would expect from a very nasty cold over the period of a year. I have watched the children in my neighborhood and everywhere I have gone and basically all of them could care less about protecting themselves from this virus. Plus without a vaccination these are the numbers we will have to live with. Now with the millions of children in this country playing together with little or no regard for spreading this virus 335 deaths is a very small number. In 2009 we had that many deaths roughly from the flu and we had a vaccination. Plus when a severe flu or cold comes around that gets people including children very ill there will always be lingering side affects. I know because I am still suffering the side effects of pneumonia brought on by the flu. This was right after getting out of the army and I was without a doubt in the best physical shape in my entire life.

Now while us older folks with one foot in the grave need to take every precaution with this virus or face almost certain death. the young and healthy in this country need to go on with their lives. These children and young adult will never get these times back once squandered.

I jus went to a large family gettogether and while the children played together us old farts even vaccinated sat outside and maintained social distancing. The unvaccinated children kept their distance as they should with people 60 to 90 years old. To be honest they did not want much to do with us anyway. They were completely preoccupied with their new toys and each other.

It has been several days and not a single person has got sick as expected from people who are responsible.

This is not a rhetorical question. I sincerely want to understand. Is it too expensive or time-consuming to test for this? Does it have to do with Rx profits? Something else?

For what it's worth, I was offered a free antibody test during a routine annual physical. Why? And why can't everyone be tested? Or at least have the choice vs being vaccinated unnecessarily?

One additional consideration that concerns me, beyond the unnecessary risk of side effects when one does not need/benefit from the vaccine, is that each wasted vaccination could have been made available to others, including other countries.
RDT_20210730_0805101364782201687654318.png

For what it's worth, I was offered a free antibody test during a routine annual physical. Why? And why can't everyone be tested? Or at least have the choice vs being vaccinated unnecessarily?

One additional consideration that concerns me, beyond the unnecessary risk of side effects when one does not need/benefit from the vaccine, is that each wasted vaccination could have been made available to others, including other countries.

To get to a regular immunity where almost everyone contracts the disease (90%) you can expect something on the order of 328.1 * .90 * .01 = 2.95 million deaths.

The process is also slow allowing the disease to mutate freely so it will virtually ensure that the disease is with us forever.

We should also not in any way trust that those that have had COVID have immunity to it as there is no way to tell if getting say, a mild case caused someone to get enough antibodies to fight it later.

Back
Top Bottom