• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can someone explain to me asexual and metrosexual?!

Thorn

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
As if homo, hetero, bi, trans, weren't enough -sexual, what are these terms asexual and metrosexual?

The only people I know who call themselves asexual are pre-pubscent boys or ones that probably didn't figure out puberty right and happened to IM me years ago when I was younger.

As for metrosexual, I believe it has something to do with the social blending traits of the sexes male and female (not to be confused with transexual and hermaphrodite).... am I right?

For humans, asexual is someone without sexual feelings toward either gender.

A metrosexual is a straight man who is into gay culture. One of my closest friends calls himself a metrosexual. He is very into fashion, must eat at all the best restaurants, listens to what people may consider gay music, cares way too much about his hair, and is very social in the club scene, but he is straight.

As if homo, hetero, bi, trans, weren't enough -sexual, what are these terms asexual and metrosexual?

OT

Doctor: Well, of course you are. It isn't every day a man wakes up to
discover he's a screaming bender with no more right to live on Gods
clean earth than a weazle. Ashamed of your self?
Edmund Blackadder: Not really, no.
Doctor: Bloody hell! I would be. But still why should I complain? Just
leaves more rampant totty for us real men, eh?

Edmund Blackadder: Look, am I paying for this personal abuse or is it extra?

YouTube - Rowan Atkinson: The Leech Quack

When I was young, I was aware of heterosexuality and homosexuality only. :3oops: "Metrosexuality" is more of a marketing thing than a state of sexuality - I think however it used to be (in men) called "narcissism."

I think that metrosexual is gender stereotyping about men who adopt too many "female" behaviors...concern about physical appearance, use of hair products, etc. In other words, it's used as an insult in regards to a man who has feminized himself.

I think that metrosexual is gender stereotyping about men who adopt too many "female" behaviors...concern about physical appearance, use of hair products, etc. In other words, it's used as an insult in regards to a man who has feminized himself.

a little metrosexual is a good thing. a nice smelling, clean, manicured man is good thing. oh, and one who knows not to fart around me.

a little metrosexual is a good thing. a nice smelling, clean, manicured man is good thing. oh, and one who knows not to fart around me.

That use to just be considered being a "Gentlemen" or just being "a proper person" - now it's sad to see it reduced to being related to "gay something" - everyone should want to be clean, well manicured and polite.

asexual just means a lack of sexual attraction at all

metro-sexuals are those completely un-sexy men who spend inordinate amounts of time in front of a mirror grooming themselves. No hair out of place, nails meticulously manicured, etc, etc. *shudders*

That use to just be considered being a "Gentlemen" or just being "a proper person" - now it's sad to see it reduced to being related to "gay something" - everyone should want to be clean, well manicured and polite.

This is one nice thing about being with a miltary guy, especially an officer.

no, just already married.

Actually, that just makes me asexual.

I'm metrophobic because even before I was married, I was typically dirty, stinky, unmanicured, disheveled and farted in front of pretty much everyone.

You might be a metrosexual if:

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a
purchase.

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many
watches and you carry a man-purse.

3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do
highlights.

4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for
breakfast... all from scratch.

5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.

6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.

7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.

8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.

9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and
vintage first.

10. You use more than three words when ordering your Starbuck's

11. You put on cologne to go to the gym

12. You have panic attacks

13. You take more than two, that's two, minutes to fix your hair

14. You must have Evian and only Evian for hydration

Actually, that just makes me asexual.

I'm metrophobic because even before I was married, I was typically dirty, stinky, unmanicured, disheveled and farted in front of pretty much everyone.

then your wife must be in a helping profession.....;-)

I've got to make some corrections. You're giving the bordeline metros and out.

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a
purchase.

1. You know what and/or where a Banana Republic is.

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many
watches and you carry a man-purse.

There's no legitimate reason to have more than 3 or 4 types of shoes (notice: types of shoes. You can't own more than one type of the same shoe.) For example, it is acceptable to own one pair of dress shoes, one pair gym shooes, and one pair of work boots. If you are married, the odds are good that your wife has bought you flip flops. If they cost less than $15, these are acceptable, but only wear them sparingly.

Mo more than one pair of sunglasses and watch is acceptbale. Man purses are grounds for instantaneous revocation of testicles.

3. You see a stylist instead of a barber, because barbers don't do
highlights.

An acceptable alternative is going to the closest place to work or home that offers $10-$12 haircuts.

4. You can make her lamb shanks and risotto for dinner and Eggs Benedict for
breakfast... all from scratch.

Exception made if you are a professional chef

5. You only wear Calvin Klein boxer-briefs.

No correction needed.

6. You shave more than just your face. You also exfoliate and moisturize.

This can just be boiled down to knowing how one would even go about exfoliating.

7. You would never, ever own a pickup truck.

Again, no correction needed.

8. You can't imagine a day without hair styling products.

This can be simplified to "If you have ever use the term "hairstlying products'"

9. You'd rather drink wine than beer... but you'll find out what estate and
vintage first.

No correction needed.

10. You use more than three words when ordering your Starbuck's

You go to starbucks instead of 7-11 or Dunkin' Donuts.

11. You put on cologne to go to the gym

Exception made if this is done as part of an Irish Shower (which is when you don't feel like taking a shower for a couple of days so you just put on some deodorant and cologne instead)

12. You have panic attacks

Exceptions to this rule: If the panic attacks are induced when hearing the terms "I'm Pregnant", "I do", and "What are you thinking about?" These terms are all realted to female-derived traps, and full blown panic is the only acceptable response.

13. You take more than two, that's two, minutes to fix your hair

And two minutes is pushing it.

14. You must have Evian and only Evian for hydration

If you ever drink bottled water at home.

I once had a roommate that me and our other roommate thought was asexual. He didn't seem to be interested in men or women sexually. Unlike most of the other guys I knew/lived with, he never commented on actresses/models/singers on how attractive they were, especially in skimpy outfits. But he also didn't seem gay, and being openly gay wasn't a big deal in our department or on our ship. I found out while living with him in our third apartment, that he just liked really big women. I guess he was only attracted to big women, which was funny because he was about my size, around 5'7", 150 lbs.

Thanks, I think Im in the clear.

2. You own 20 pairs of shoes, half a dozen pairs of sunglasses, just as many watches and you carry a man-purse.
There's no legitimate reason to have more than 3 or 4 types of shoes (notice: types of shoes. You can't own more than one type of the same shoe.) For example, it is acceptable to own one pair of dress shoes, one pair gym shooes, and one pair of work boots. If you are married, the odds are good that your wife has bought you flip flops. If they cost less than $15, these are acceptable, but only wear them sparingly.

I've got two types of shoe – one type for my left foot and one for my right. What does that make me?

Some would call my son "Metrosexual" simply because he's well manicured/clean/polite...has no "Issues" with using "hair products" or having a mix of friends. But there's no mistaking him for anything but heterosexual. He's ALL Male, a sports nut, loves fast cars and fast music. BUT he was raised right...he stays well away from 'Fast women!'! LOL

(Or at least I thought he did...until he married one....thankfully, he learned his lesson with minimum damage...no kids!)

Whew, I'm glad rat gave me the heads-up on metrosexuality. I was accused of being one just because I would go to the mall in a suit or shirt/tie/slacks and reeking of Brut aftershave.

I guess me shaving my head, hating Starbucks with a passion and never even passing by a Banana Republic dispels the myth.

Back
Top Bottom