• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Queen Elizabeth have a citizen executed?

Skeptic Bob

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Silly question, I know. And obviously she would never do it. And I’m not talking about being immune from prosecution. I am asking can she legally ORDER the execution of any citizen?

Silly question, I know. And obviously she would never do it. And I’m not talking about being immune from prosecution. I am asking can she legally ORDER the execution of any citizen?

I don't know but I hope so

Just think of the first Elizabeth, she could have ordered all kinds of dirty tricks.

Just think of the first Elizabeth, she could have ordered all kinds of dirty tricks.

Although back in those days (the 1500s) it was just as much "Off with your head" for the royals as it was for their subjects.

In a "l'etat c'est moi" state, the ruling monarchs words and deeds are not "dirty tricks." They are the rule of law; such is the nature of monarchy, particularly absolute monarchy. (Elizabeth I wasn't technically an absolute monarch; however, her relative benevolence accorded her enough discretionary leeway that she may as well have been one.) One need not like what the monarch does/says, but that's beside the point.

Aside:
As structures of government go, benevolent dictatorships are far and away the most effective and efficient. The dictatorship aspect of such governments isn't intrinsically a problem; the dearth of benevolence exhibited by individuals who become absolute monarchs is.

I feel for prince charles. The decades he has wasted waiting for that bitch to abdicate so he can be king. How he must pine for the good old days when all he need do is drag her off to the tower, tip her upside down, stick a funnel in her arse and pour hot lead down. Privileges of royalty ain't what they use to be.

I feel for prince charles. The decades he has wasted waiting for that bitch to abdicate so he can be king. How he must pine for the good old days when all he need do is drag her off to the tower, tip her upside down, stick a funnel in her arse and pour hot lead down. Privileges of royalty ain't what they use to be.

English kings and queens normally (at least from what I remember) rule until death. So Charles knew his mummy would never abdicate. She will rule until she dies and then it is his turn until death.

Thank goodness our royalty does not rule till death, they abdicate when it is time for the next generation to take over as king or queen.

The poster does have a point, no matter how indelicately it was expressed.

The Emperor of Japan is abdicating so that his son can take over.

Perhaps Her Majesty should have abdicated earlier, too.

Now that she is so elderly, perhaps she realizes that His Highness will soon be sitting on the throne.

No, but I know a guy in Jersey that can take out anyone she wants if the money's right. No decree is necessary. Just furnish a name, recent photo, and a check (with "consulting services" clearly stated in the "For:" line). As soon as the check clears, it's done. Now, do you want the body to disappear in the rubble of the Tappan Zee bridge, or do you want to make a gruesome pubic statement?

Now that she is so elderly, perhaps she realizes that His Highness will soon be sitting on the throne.
English royals do not abdicate.

Unless they are decapitated, there is no such provision. And not even their consorts are allowed to completely top themselves in road accidents.:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Unless they are decapitated, there is no such provision.

I think a lot of our American posters would be pretty stunned to learn we had a civil war of our own in this country.

Unless they are decapitated, there is no such provision.

Thank you for your note.

I checked an encyclopedia, and it said that Parliament in 1936 passed an bill of abdication so that Edward VIII could legally leave (for his lady love).

Unless they are decapitated, there is no such provision. And not even their consorts are allowed to completely top themselves in road accidents.:mrgreen:

Wait, didnt Edward abdicate so he can marry that divorcee?

I think a lot of our American posters would be pretty stunned to learn we had a civil war of our own in this country.
I think a load of our American posters (albeit far from ALL) would be stunned by pretty much everything they could learn about other countries. Certainly where the DP variety is concerned.

"Learn" being the operative word.;)

Wait, didnt Edward abdicate so he can marry that divorcee?
Except for the (lack of) actual physicality of it, that was practically a decapitation.

Enacted by parliament.

Nowadays a royal marrying a Yank doesn't raise much of an eyebrow though, but then Harry isn't on the throne anyway.

Thank you for your note.

I checked an encyclopedia, and it said that Parliament in 1936 passed an bill of abdication so that Edward VIII could legally leave (for his lady love).
That's how it was sold. In truth it was a bill to kick him out.

And they would be even more stunned to learn that you Brits cut off His Majesty's head at the beginning of that civil war.

When royalty was eventually established, the corpse of the chief rebel (Cromwell) was dug up and ...

English kings and queens normally (at least from what I remember) rule until death. So Charles knew his mummy would never abdicate. She will rule until she dies and then it is his turn until death.

Thank goodness our royalty does not rule till death, they abdicate when it is time for the next generation to take over as king or queen.

That would be in contemporary history. Otherwise royalty had many privileges, unfortunately a long life was rarely one of them.

https://www.ranker.com/list/rulers-who-executed-members-of-their-own-families/carly-silver

13 Historical Rulers Who Executed Members Of Their Own Families

Let's hope not. That fool charles has made far to many blunders by interference with government. The royals are an entertainment group only. They have no right to interfere in governance which he has unfortunately done.

Oliver Cromwell is a fascinating figure, as is Charles II

I think a load of our American posters (albeit far from ALL) would be stunned by pretty much everything they could learn about other countries. Certainly where the DP variety is concerned.

"Learn" being the operative word.;)

You claim we Americans are ignorant, you are right. As for American posters around here, I am not all that ignorant of your history

No, you have to go back to around the 11th century fr this but even then it wasn't a clear "off with their head" type of order.

~ Perhaps Her Majesty should have abdicated earlier, too.

You have to remember a few times in the last 50 - Charles has not been popular and many didn't want him to be king. There have been plenty of times when people asked if the monarchy could skip a generation. Came to a point in 1997 that it even forced a reply on speculation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom