• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can moderators give infractions without specifically citing cause?

Aletheia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I would think you would get a concrete reason for having a post yanked along with an infraction, rather than just vaguely pointing at the rules.
Is this something that is subjective at the moderator's whim or are they required to state specifically why they take actions?

I put it as a suggestion, because it will help the violator understand how to correct their actions. It's not always clear which violations were made.

PM them and ask them why your post was removed.

Once I managed to get a warning reversed because it made no sense. Someone apparently did not know how to read my post and reported it.

PM them and ask them why your post was removed.

I did. I might post the reply if I ever get one -- although, I"d probably get a reprimand for doing so.

I did. I might post the reply if I ever get one -- although, I"d probably get a reprimand for doing so.
Moderator's Warning:
Do not post any details about any moderator actions taken outside of the Binky section of the basement. That would violate rule 6A.

Ha ha. That reply got moderated real quick. :ROFLMAO: Maybe your moderator is on a long smoke break.

I would think you would get a concrete reason for having a post yanked along with an infraction, rather than just vaguely pointing at the rules.
Is this something that is subjective at the moderator's whim or are they required to state specifically why they take actions?

I put it as a suggestion, because it will help the violator understand how to correct their actions. It's not always clear which violations were made.

I can say with 100% certainty, that mods do not act on “whim”. If anything, they go out of their way to give you the benefit of the doubt. It’s an election year, they get tons of reports daily, they don’t need to make up work for themselves. Was reason given really “vague” and not explained to you, or do you just not agree with the explanation?

There is a process for appealing an infraction, if you really feel yours was unwarranted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom