• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can men be the victims of sexism?

Where have men been abused or victimized because they are male? What constitutional rights that women enjoy have been denied to men or they been treated unfairly because of their biological gender?
Gay men have been forever in the USA. Even still today by some other men and women. But largely by other men.

Gay men have been forever in the USA. Even still today by some other men and women. But largely by other men.
Gay men haven't been victimized because they are male. They are victimized because they are gay.

Gay men haven't been victimized because they are male. They are victimized because they are gay.

Gay men are victimized because of toxic societal expectations of men. They're too happy and they dress too well.

Where have men been abused or victimized because they are male? What constitutional rights that women enjoy have been denied to men or they been treated unfairly because of their biological gender?
A man could be discriminated against in a all female business

What difference does it make, it's still sexism.

How about when a female teacher has sex with he male student? Is the student a victim of sexism? Granted, the student likely thinks it's great.

How about in a profession where women are dominant, such as nursing. Ever think a male was a victim in the nursing field?

Some feminists believe that sexism is a binary issue that only impacts women. Is this true?
No, it is not true that "feminists believe that sexism is a binary issue that only impacts women."

There is a lot of toxic behavior that harms men. However, that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of gender-based social structures provide advantages and privileges to men, and cause significantly far more harm to women than men. In terms of economics, domestic violence, discrimination, education, social control, it's all far, far, far worse for women than for men.

I'd also add that ultimately, the way to solve the issue is not to pay any heed to the toxic incels who cry about alleged injustices to men that don't actually exist, not because they care about justice, but because they are desperate to defend their privilege.

P.S. Way to establish your feminist bona fides.

What difference does it make, it's still sexism.

How about when a female teacher has sex with he male student? Is the student a victim of sexism? Granted, the student likely thinks it's great.

It depends on the age of the student. If the student is under 18 then it is a sexual assault.

No, it is not true that "feminists believe that sexism is a binary issue that only impacts women."

I didn't say anything about all feminists. Every group has extremists.

I didn't say anything about all feminists. Every group has extremists.
Riiiiight

Okay then. Based on your extensive readings in contemporary feminism, who exactly claims that "sexism is a binary issue that only impacts women"? How many of these "extremists" are there?

Riiiiight

Okay then. Based on your extensive readings in contemporary feminism, who exactly claims that "sexism is a binary issue that only impacts women"? How many of these "extremists" are there?

@Aunt Antifa believes that only women can experience the hurt of sexism just to give an example right off of this forum. I also had an abusive ex that believed the same thing. It's not an uncommon sentiment among extremist feminists.

It depends on the age of the student. If the student is under 18 then it is a sexual assault.
And if the student is 18?

Do you think it possible for a male nurse to have been a victim of sexism? Especially 15 or so yrs ago when the field was largely female.

Well if she keeps reading she will see where I outlined in this thread how men can be victimized by the system. I just wanted to start the conversation with an understanding.

Great. We have that understanding. So were you planning to answer her question?

Great. We have that understanding. So were you planning to answer her question?

Her question has already been answered in this thread. You would like me to reiterate?

I posted studies showing that men serve much larger sentences for the same crimes. That's systemic abuse for having a penis.

Back
Top Bottom