• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can Liberals GUARANTEE Us There Will Be No Instances Of Mail-In Voting Fraud?

Can Liberals Guarantee Us There Will Be No Instances Of Mail-In Voting Fraud?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
I object. No instances, is an insane standard. Can you prove that your enhanced ID methods wont disenfranchise ONE instance?

I object. No instances, is an insane standard. Can you prove that your enhanced ID methods wont disenfranchise ONE instance?

Can you guarantee that there will be FEW instances of fraud?

Because if there are more than just a few instances, this country will descend into chaos.

If we have UNIVERSAL, nationwide mail-in voting, where a majority of Americans vote by mail, can liberals GUARANTEE us that there will be no instances of fraud?

Paterson, NJ, to hold new election in City Council race marred by voter fraud charges | Fox News

Here... let's see if we can extract Trump's "fish hook" from your upper lip. IOW, you took Trump's bait, now he's "reeling you in"....
This is literally a life or death issue, since Trump is making no move to attempt to mitigate the out-of-control spread of covid-19,
instead, abusing the power and influence of his office through his willful inaction and constant lies!

'An Unmitigated Disaster': Washington Post Deep-Dive on Trump's Covid-19 Response Paints Harrowing Picture of Denial, Dysfunction

FACT CHECK: Trump's Tweets On N.J. Election Fraud Case : NPR

N.J. Election Fraud Case Draws A Trump Tweet But Suggests Safeguards Are Working

July 1, 20205:01 AM ET

But election law experts say that Trump's spotlight on the case also shows both how rare these kinds of cases are and the safeguards in place to protect the integrity of ballots.
.... said Rick Hasen, an election law professor at the University of California Irvine School of Law.

Although critics including Trump have claimed that a surge in mail-in voting will leave the election system prone to fraud, voting rights advocates in New Jersey say some of the same security features that exist for in-person voting also feature in vote-by-mail.

"There is a huge myth about voter fraud in this country," said Jesse Burns, executive director of the League of Women Voters of New Jersey.

When voters cast a ballot in person in New Jersey, they are required to sign a poll book to match their signature to election records. The same is true of mail-in ballots, and election officials check the ballot to make sure the signatures match.

During the state's primary on July 7, election officials will notify voters if their ballot was rejected because of a signature mismatch. Burns said it was not only a way for voters to ensure their vote is counted, but it also functions as a warning that another person may have attempted to vote fraudulently in their name.
UC Irvine's Hasen said the security measures used in New Jersey were likely enough to raise the suspicion of authorities. "Even on this small scale, what you see is that having a conspiracy like this to try to affect the outcome of an election is very difficult to do without detection."

Burns suggested the rare instances of election fraud are not typically committed by individual voters themselves but rather organized groups.
"This is not a voter fraud issue," she said. "It's crimes being committed against voters."
Hasen emphasized that the Paterson case shows how difficult carrying out the kind of widespread fraud Trump insists is possible.

"Imagine trying to swing the outcome of a presidential election, how many people you would have to get involved or how many ballots you would have to try to intercept without detection in order to try to have a meaningful impact on races that are typically decided by tens of thousands of votes if not more in a particular state," said Hasen.

Senate Hearing with Postmaster General Louis DeJoy August 21 Transcript - Rev

....Senator Portman: (40:06)
...Every one of us on this panel, I hope, want to be sure that we have the ability to have an election that is a well run, where people have their votes counted and many are going to be using the Postal Service. Let me start, Mr. DeJoy, by just asking you a general question, do you support absentee voting and do you support voting by mail? Generally?

Mr. DeJoy: (40:51)
I’m going to vote by mail. I voted by mail for a number of years. The Postal Service will deliver every ballot and process every ballot in time that it receives.

Senator Portman: (41:06)
Well, I appreciate that. So, you do support voting by mail?

Mr. DeJoy: (41:11)
I do. I think the American public should be able to vote by mail and the Postal Service will support it. So I guess that’s yes.....

Last edited:

Because if there are more than just a few instances, this country will descend into chaos.

Really?

What about republican voter suppression. Purging legitimate voters from the voter rolls,, Closing polling places. Limiting early voting days, Tampering with the US mail.

Trump's lawyers have been looking for instances of voter fraud, and I am sure they pulled out all the.stops, and they haven't found any.

Indeed, Trump told us there were three million fraudulent votes in 2016, and the country subsequently descended into chaos.

<Baddabing!>

Indeed, Trump told us there were three million fraudulent votes in 2016, and the country subsequently descended into chaos.

<Baddabing!>

Trump was already in office. The "three million fraudulent votes" for Hillary wouldn't have made a difference.

Will there be no conservative fraud?

If we have UNIVERSAL, nationwide mail-in voting, where a majority of Americans vote by mail, can liberals GUARANTEE us that there will be no instances of fraud?

Paterson, NJ, to hold new election in City Council race marred by voter fraud charges | Fox News

After four years of Trump you guys can't even agree how to have an election. It doesn't matter how it happens or who wins, half of you will think it was crooked..
Four years of Trump and you're not sure your democracy works. Imagine after another four years.

We're advocating in-person voting in booths with curtains.

Just how long is resonable.for.a voter to stand in line to vote.

images (3).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

There is no 100 percent guarantee of ANYTHING.
Even The Bible says that nothing in life is one hundred percent guaranteed.
What we can guarantee is the same thing conservatives used to guarantee, a system of voting that is generally accepted and recognized as safe and secure, safe and secure enough for our servicemen overseas, our elderly, our disabled and all those who are unable to show up in person on Election Day...for the last two centuries.

This is a manufactured crisis, and it's pure bull****.

historically there have been very few instances of fraud even in mail in voting situations, it is reasonable that this trend continues in 2020.

I cannot say there is a guarantee of no instances because there will always be one or two crazies here and there.

Just how long is resonable.for.a voter to stand in line to vote.

Every time I post the suggestion of having polling locations open for two weeks to eliminate crowding, I hit a brick wall with nearly every liberal poster. Except one.

In every election there are 'instances' of illegal votes, but they are exceptionally rare. We have mail in voting to help people to vote. Most of us believe is better to have a very rare instance of someone abusing the system; but a very high participation rate among voters than the alternative.

Republicans, historically, do not want everyone voting. That does not work so well for them, so the come up with all kinds of schemes to suppress the vote, including purging voter rolls, not having enough voting machines in high democratic districts, voter intimidation, voter ID rules and, now, telling us that mail in balloting is wrought with problems. Its not. It works exceptionally well here in Colorado, has it has for years.

We can guarantee that as long no one plays around with the postal service, mail-in balloting will be just fine.

Last edited:
I would predict that there could be more cases of voter fraud, but because mail-in voting so greatly increases turn-out, that it would be proportionately less fraud than voting without it.

Do you have sourcing for this?

At every opportunity to choose to do the opposite, you side with and support thugs. Why do it?

Fox5 Atlanta - Judge rules against Georgia elections chief in records case
Judge rules against Georgia elections chief in records case
Palast and Butler sued Georgia's then-Secretary of State Brian Kemp in October 2018 for ... U.S. District Judge Eleanor Ross wrote in a Feb. 4 order that Palast and Butler "are entitled ...

Kemp Loses Vote Purge Suit Brought by Reporter Palast - Greg Palast

.....Kemp Loses Vote Purge Suit Brought by Reporter Palast

by Nicole Powersfor The Palast Investigative FundFebruary 8, 2020

Greg Palast & Helen Butler, co-plaintiffs in the Kemp lawsuit

[Atlanta-Feb 8] In an extraordinary and unexpected move, Federal Judge Eleanor Ross has declared Gov. Brian Kemp the loser in a lawsuit brought by investigative journalist Greg Palast to compel the State of Georgia to open up its complete files on the mass purge of over half a million voters from the rolls.

Surprising all parties, the judge ruled that Kemp’s defense was so weak that no trial is needed. The judge acted “sua sponte” — on her own initiative, unrequested by Palast’s attorneys.

Palast has been fighting Kemp to release his hidden purge lists and methods for six years, for Rolling Stone, Aljazeera, Salon, Democracy Now and currently, The Guardian.

Palast said, “Kemp and the new Sec. of State of Georgia want to keep the lid on their methods for removing literally hundreds of thousands of low-income, young and minority voters on the basis of false information. They cannot hide any more. This is a huge win and precedent for reporters trying to pry information from the hands of guilty officials.”

A key issue at stake are the “Interstate Crosscheck” purge lists secretly provided to Georgia by the Kansas Secretary of State in 2015 and 2017. Kemp had turned over Georgia’s voter rolls to Kansas official Kris Kobach, who worked closely with Donald Trump, and is known for his racially biased vote suppression techniques.

Kris Kobach Uses Border Wall Group to Fund Senate Bid ...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kris-kobach-uses-border-wall-group-to-fund-senate-bid-likely-illegally
On Thursday, Kobach sent a fundraising appeal to an email list maintained by We Build The Wall, a 501(c)(4) advocacy group currently attempting to build a wall on the southern border using private ...

Every time I post the suggestion of having polling locations open for two weeks to eliminate crowding, I hit a brick wall with nearly every liberal poster. Except one.

You are woefully uninformed and in deep denial about pandemic depth and infection risk. Poll workers tend to be volunteer, senior citizens.
Due to concerns related to avoiding exposure to covid-19, there are not adequate numbers of volunteer poll workers to even staff polling places for one day, let alone for weeks!

[h=1]Search Results[/h][h=2]Web results[/h]
[h=3]Coronavirus: Election workers often higher age, at risk[/h]www.usatoday.com › story › news › investigations › 2020/06/18 › co...

Jun 18, 2020 - Employees and volunteers of the Franklin County Board of Elections ... not to publicly discuss exposures to COVID-19 among their staff," he ... or if healthy poll workers decide the risk of getting infected by voters is too great.

[h=3]Officials Look For Younger Poll Workers, Because Of COVID ...[/h]www.npr.org › wanted-young-people-to-work-the-polls-this-november

Aug 5, 2020 - Election officials fear a massive shortage of poll workers for the ... The camaraderie of the group that volunteers is marvelous.

Last edited:

Okay but we do it at school tables with little pointless dividers between the spots as we fill in the circles.

I can guarantee that Trump will falsely claim there was widespread fraud when he loses. He did it when he won so...
I can also guarantee that Trump will lose fair and square no matter what he claims. He is down 5 points in Florida, we are sick and tired of this virus killing us.

RDMBDMLZZRK7YL475YOZWLNIFY.jpg

Your not hitting one with me. I second it, it's a great idea. What would be the reasoning for not doing it?

lol...yeah, during a pandemic where the only people not taking it seriously, to where they'd think this was a good idea, are likely voting for Trump.

No hustle there... ;)

In every election there are 'instances' of illegal votes, but they are exceptionally rare. We have mail in voting to help people to vote. Most of us believe is better to have a very rare instance of someone abusing the system; but a very high participation rate among voters than the alternative.

Republicans, historically, do not want everyone voting. That does not work so well for them, so the come up with all kinds of schemes to suppress the vote, including purging voter rolls, not having enough voting machines in high democratic districts, voter intimidation, voter ID rules and, now, telling us that mail in balloting is wrought with problems. Its not. It works exceptionally well here in Colorado, has it has for years.

We can guarantee that as long no one plays around with the postal service, mail-in balloting will be just fine.

Well their you have it. The GOP has been doing this for 100 years. The GOP base is smaller than the liberal base. The only way they win is by suppressing the vote and causing all kinds of fear.

Back
Top Bottom