• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can fracking reindustrialize America?

Zero evidence of a link to fracking.

While the findings are far from conclusive, the study provides further evidence tying fracking to arsenic contamination. An internal Environmental Protection Agency PowerPoint presentation recently obtained by the Los Angeles Times warned that wells near Dimock, Pa., showed elevated levels of arsenic in the groundwater. The EPA also found arsenic in groundwater near fracking sites in Pavillion, Wyo., in 2009 — a study the agency later abandoned.

Didn't read it did you? Look, the government and the oil and gas industries have been saved by fracking. So much so they're willing to look the other way and bury anything that gets in the way.

Didn't read it did you? Look, the government and the oil and gas industries have been saved by fracking. So much so they're willing to look the other way and bury anything that gets in the way.

Au contraire. I read both your link and the original Pro Publica article. That's why I could confidently reply that there was no link to fracking.

Au contraire. I read both your link and the original Pro Publica article. That's why I could confidently reply that there was no link to fracking.

Yeah, and denial is a river in Eygpt.

[h=3]Energy industry develops environmentally friendly fracking fluids ...[/h]theadvocate.com/.../energy-industry-develops-environmentally-friendly
Feb 12, 2013 - PITTSBURGH — The oil and gas industry is trying to ease environmental concerns by developing nontoxic fluids for the drilling process know…

Happen to have a direct link to that and not through a referrer? Nevermind found it on my own:

http://theadvocate.com/news/business/5091304-123/energy-industry-develops-environmentally-friendly

Of course the different fracking fluids are proprietary mixes and the complete ingredient list will never be released to the public. Congress tried at one point, and after many delays they finally got the complete list of ONE mix, or believe they did.

The oil and gas industry's idea of green is shallow at best. The word for them is just an advertising term. But from your article, this isn't even in use, they're just talking about it as if it were a possibility to allay concerns.

Last edited:
That has already happened.:peace

Hmm...I was under the impression that the companies practicing fracking where in a positioning phase. I could be wrong. I see a lot of fracking rights claims in Michigan. Very simple and easy to the land owner.

Maybe so, according to this author. At least it's a start. I think it's a very encouraging development, although the green lobby will be upset because it will become more difficult for renewables to compete.

How fracking is reshaping the U.S. economy

The booming oil and gas industry shows the power of the private sector, one writer argues. Outperforming other nations » :peace

This forum is on government spending.

This article is about private petroleum companies developing shale gas deposits.

It does not belong in this forum.

Reported.

Bring evidence next time.

Actually read the links next time. I posted from the link where your comment was false. Now it's up to you to show your work and show where it isn't, if you can.

Actually read the links next time. I posted from the link where your comment was false. Now it's up to you to show your work and show where it isn't, if you can.

False in what way? I'm afraid I don't understand you.

This forum is on government spending.

This article is about private petroleum companies developing shale gas deposits.

It does not belong in this forum.

Reported.

Thanks. You got the thread moved to a higher profile forum.

Thanks. You got the thread moved to a higher profile forum.
You are pointing out that you made two errors.....while you expose that you removed me from your ignore list?

LOL.

You're still on the ignore list. I just used the "View post" feature. Goodbye again.
Heh. That's such a nice feature. You have the opportunity to remind yourself why you made the decision every now and then.

Post #26.

There's no evidence in that post. The mere presence of arsenic does not demonstrate that fracking was the cause. I also note that the government abandoned the study -- probably to avoid embarrassment from overblown claims.

Oh so now acedotal evidence usurps science? I expected better from you. How Anti-Fracking Activists Deny Science: Water Contamination

That's hilarious, and I suppose you have no problem with the fact that all those quoted are industry sources? When the EPA drops any study that finds a problem with fracking before they see the light of day and filmed eveidence of what people living near fracking sites are experiencing is not enough for you - where do you go with that toher than to say - dude, YOU try living there with your family.

You're still on the ignore list. I just used the "View post" feature. Goodbye again.
LOL....so then using "view post"...is to "ignore"?

Wow!

Every time you respond to me, you just expose more of your failing arguments.
I understand why you would avoid me.

Carry on.

There's no evidence in that post. The mere presence of arsenic does not demonstrate that fracking was the cause. I also note that the government abandoned the study -- probably to avoid embarrassment from overblown claims.

Again you read the link only for the parts that reinforce what you believe. This was not the study the EPA abandoned, the EPA has stood down from several studies, as soon as they threatened to show the problem. And if you have read with an open mind you'd see it does link the cause to fracking.

I suppose you have no problem with the fact that all those quoted are industry sources?

Industry sources?? Really?

• Ernest Moniz, Secretary of U.S. Dept. of Energy: “To my knowledge, I still have not seen any evidence of fracking per se contaminating groundwater.” (Aug. 2013)

• U.S. Geological Survey: “This new study is important in terms of finding no significant effects on groundwater quality from shale gas development within the area of sampling.” (January 2013)

• U.S. Govt. Accountability Office (GAO): “[R]egulatory officials we met with from eight states – Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Texas – told us that, based on state investigations, the hydraulic fracturing process has not been identified as a cause of groundwater contamination within their states.” (September 2012)
Lisa Jackson, former EPA Administrator: “In no case have we made a definitive determination that [hydraulic fracturing] has caused chemicals to enter groundwater.” (April 2012

:mrgreen:

Heh. That's such a nice feature. You have the opportunity to remind yourself why you made the decision every now and then.
Exactly....being reminded of how poor ones posts/arguments are should be avoided. Afterall, it comes as a shock to find out that you posted in the wrong forum......and that you could have had greater "exposure"....if you are seeking that.

It is such a reveal!

Again you read the link only for the parts that reinforce what you believe. This was not the study the EPA abandoned, the EPA has stood down from several studies, as soon as they threatened to show the problem. And if you have read with an open mind you'd see it does link the cause to fracking.

We'll just have to disagree.

Exactly....being reminded of how poor ones posts/arguments are should be avoided. Afterall, it comes as a shock to find out that you posted in the wrong forum......and that you could have had greater "exposure"....if you are seeking that.

It is such a reveal!
One does not have to be persuasive with the truth. Selling crap, on the other hand, is a well known discipline requiring great argumentation and persuasion.

Back
Top Bottom