• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Can anything bring Israel and Palestinian to peace?

Can Israel and Palestinian find Peace?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please dont start the damn name calling!
How about we have some REAL Ideas?

jamesrage has a good idea, Land change and rebuilding?
thats a start....

jfuh said:
...If the palestinians go about and drop weapons on israel, Israel is going most likly going to need to bomb the hell out of all supporting arabs nations/organizations...

Israel and Egypt signed peace deals and Israel didn't see the need to attack anyone else.
Israel and Jordan seem to be fairly comfortable with each other.
It seems that the only countries that have reason to fear Israel are those that are belligerent towards her?
ted

Paladin said:
Israel and Egypt signed peace deals and Israel didn't see the need to attack anyone else.
Israel and Jordan seem to be fairly comfortable with each other.
It seems that the only countries that have reason to fear Israel are those that are belligerent towards her?
ted

That's how I see it. I don't see any need to be dropping bombs on anyone else.

jfuh said:
That's how I see it. I don't see any need to be dropping bombs on anyone else.

But then, if the palestinians lay down their weapons, Israel won't need to attack them and might even be persuaded to help them rebuild.
Israel warns her Arab neighbors not to be hostile, and if they do, Israel will defend herself.
Israel will not be aggressive towards a country that has shown themselves to be peaceable towards Israel.

To bring peace to Israel, Arab countries need to prove themselves non-aggressive.
ted

jfuh said:
Simple, anger begets anger. If the palestinians go about and drop weapons on israel, Israel is going most likly going to need to bomb the hell out of all supporting arabs nations/organizations.
If Israel does the same, the nations/organizations would most likely send the same response.

YOUR SUCH AN IDIOT, just to keep in the mode of personal attacks

Drop their weapons means LAYING DOWN ARMS - Ending the VIOLENCE
duh
now reread the original post and see how clueless you were

If the Palestinians drop their weapons, it will be the end of the violence.
If the Israelis drop their weapons, it will be the end of Israel.

do you get it now?

jfuh said:
What a load of bull

Based on what, exactly?
Why do you think the violence would continue if the palestinins gave up their weapons?
Why do you think Israel would contunie to exist if Israel gave up her weapons?

DeeJayH said:

duh

do you get it now?

[Mod mode on]

First with the "terrorist sympathizer" now with the "idiot." Knock off the name calling and stick to debating the points at hand.

[Mod mode off]

Pacridge said:
[Mod mode on]

First with the "terrorist sympathizer" now with the "idiot." Knock off the name calling and stick to debating the points at hand.

[Mod mode off]

*kicks dirt* ooo, ok :(

but it gets aggravating trying to debate somebody clueless about what we are debating

Goobieman said:
Based on what, exactly?
Why do you think the violence would continue if the palestinins gave up their weapons?

This isn’t about weapons its about ideas to bring peace to the two groups.

Last edited:
DeeJayH said:
*kicks dirt* ooo, ok :(

but it gets aggravating trying to debate somebody clueless about what we are debating

I'm going to out on a limb here and guess if I asked "j" he'd say you're the clueless one.

I think you guys are just completely on opposite ends of the political spectrum on this issue (probably most issues.)

All I'm saying is resorting to name calling doesn't help either one of you get your point across.

DeeJayH said:

duh

do you get it now?
I retract my former "crap" post.
Point taken, I mistook the argument for another meaning.

Goobieman said:
Based on what, exactly?
My bad, I mistook your post for a different meaning. Drop, often being in association with dropping of bombs ect.
Again, my bad.

I think the best way to stop the bloodshed is to shut down the savage, bloodthirsty killing machine known as, "the religion of peace."

Stop catering to Muslims for doing the wrong thing. When they burn things down, take hostages, or blow up school kids, we should send in our master diplomat, the cruise missile.

Finish taking down Islam's remaining psychotics (like the Iranian government) who sponsor terror in Palestine. Iraq should only be the beginning.

Cut off all financial aid to Palestine as long as it is in the hands of terrorists.

Being nice to them only encourages their savagery. We need to abandon diplomacy with these ingrates and start focusing on defending ourselves and Israel.

Why am I such a Neo-con on this?

1) The land belonged to the Jews before any Muslim nation ever inhabited it. Jews need a homeland to avoid anymore persecution. Israel is the sensible place.

2) Palestinians danced in the streets on 9/11.

3) Palestinians are not freedom fighters like George Washington, they are bloodthirsty terrorists.

Our revolutionary armies killed soldiers, Palestinians kill children and other civilians.

Our forces were trying to rid themselves of a tyrannical oppressor from 3000 miles away who was telling them what to think and how to think it, and taxing them without representation. Palestinians have democratic representation, no one tells them how to think, and, despite constantly being catered to by everyone, all they want is revenge. They are out for a body count, period.

We were casting a foreign oppressor out of our lands. Muslims, since their inception, have STARTED wars from west Africa to the Phillipines; their primary concern has always been slaughtering infidels and conquering for Allah; they go to foreign lands and PICK fights.

I like several of the tenants of Islam better than those of their Christian counterparts, but let's be serious here. Islam is a scourge on humanity.

Last edited:
jfuh said:
I retract my former "crap" post.
Point taken, I mistook the argument for another meaning.

i should have just laughed at ya
but i was so aggravated :eek: :crazy3:that we were debating two completely different things
:2nobashin

it would seem i took out my aggravation from a 90 minute Home Owners Assoc meeting that was worse than a dentist appointment for a root canal

aquapub said:
I like several of the tenants of Islam better than those of their Christian counterparts, but let's be serious here. Islam is a scourge on humanity.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
oooooooooooooo
gonna be some backlash on that last sentence

A little something to chew on from an Israeli.

Tashah's demand #3:
Israel becomes the 27th member of NATO
Article Five: An attack on one NATO member will be considered an attack on all NATO members.

Tashah said:

Tashah's demand #3:
Article Five: An attack on one NATO member will be considered an attack on all NATO members.

How about we start with the land dispute first?;)
I didnt find anything at IDF

cherokee said:
How about we start with the land dispute first?
I don't think so. There will be no more land negotiatons unless and until Israel's security is guaranteed.

I didnt find anything at IDF
Not on a public website you won't. Trust me here, they know.

Tashah said:
I don't think so. There will be no more land negotiatons unless and until Israel's security is guaranteed.

Ok so the first step would be a security agreement by both sides to halt all aggressions including settlement development.
UN troops from USA, Russia, China and any other countries will act as buffers?

A large PR campaign would have to be launched to inform both parties of what was going on.
Maybe, Just maybe it would be possibly to give the people of Palestine another option instead of the hammas.

Agreed?

cherokee said:
Ok so the first step would be a security agreement by both sides to halt all aggressions including settlement development.
UN troops from USA, Russia, China and any other countries will act as buffers?
The UN won't fill the bill as far as Israeli's are concerned. UNRRA (United Nations Refugee Relief Administration) has been caught red-handed (and videotaped) lending material assistence to Fatah and Hamas.

I was not talking about a 'buffer zone'. The barrier wall is performing quite admirably in that regard. I was addressing the 'long-term' security of Israel. That is overarching reason of my demand of NATO membership. If there is to be lasting peace in the Middle East, it must be a full and comprehensive peace structure. Egypt and Jordan long ago signed peace accords with Israel. Morocco is next, and Pakistan has informed Israel of its desire to establish formal diplomatic relations. Do you now better understand where I wish to go? Where this must go? It does no good to fix one spoke on a wheel and ignore the remaining broken ones. The wheel is still basically broken. Think bigger cherokee.

Tashah said:
The UN won't fill the bill as far as Israeli's are concerned. UNRRA (United Nations Refugee Relief Administration) has been caught red-handed (and videotaped) lending material assistence to Fatah and Hamas.

I was not talking about a 'buffer zone'. The barrier wall is performing quite admirably in that regard. I was addressing the 'long-term' security of Israel. That is overarching reason of my demand of NATO membership. If there is to be lasting peace in the Middle East, it must be a full and comprehensive peace structure. Egypt and Jordan long ago signed peace accords with Israel. Morocco is next, and Pakistan has informed Israel of its desire to establish formal diplomatic relations. Do you now better understand where I wish to go? Where this must go? It does no good to fix one spoke on a wheel and ignore the remaining broken ones. The wheel is still basically broken. Think bigger cherokee.

I am but it takes a first step.
Whats needed for that?

Tashah said:

Tashah's demand #3:

Pros and cons here.
Pro: If anyone attacked Israel, the full force of NATO (that is, the US) could and would be unleashed.
Con: NATO states have already been attacked by terrorists; without a state to respond agianst, the military clauses of the NATO charter are difficult to act upon.
Pro: Making Palestine a state would give NATO someone to act against (see above)
Con: There is enough anti-semitism in Europe to keep Israel out.

DeeJayH said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
oooooooooooooo
gonna be some backlash on that last sentence

Islam IS a scourge on humanity. Muslims keep throwing BS pity parties for themselves and we fall for it every time. And while we're catering to their latest psychotic acts, they are planning ways to hit us again later. We need to wake up and start getting realistic about Islam and its butchers.

aquapub said:
Islam IS a scourge on humanity. Muslims keep throwing BS pity parties for themselves and we fall for it every time. And while we're catering to their latest psychotic acts, they are planning ways to hit us again later. We need to wake up and start getting realistic about Islam and its butchers.

The problem with Islam, at its most basic level, is that it was not a particplant in the Enlightenment.

Back
Top Bottom