• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can anyone ID this song?

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I really like the melody and the singer but have no idea what he's saying. I found this while watching the now-viral video of the Chinese principal leading his students in a terrific shuffle dance.

I really like the melody and the singer but have no idea what he's saying. I found this while watching the now-viral video of the Chinese principal leading his students in a terrific shuffle dance.

This is in the description of the video:

Music in this video

Song
Fa male alla canzone-7247-DNC

Artist
DJ Where is

Licensed to YouTube by
AdRev for Rights Holder

Last edited by a moderator:
I can speak a bit of Mandarin, but I can't read any of it; however, the Google translator says that it's "The woman is not wrong" and that it's by DJs Wang Jianrong & Situ Lanfang. Based on that I suspect a better English translation may be "Women Are Right" or maybe "She's Right."

That's what I Googled yesterday; it's credited (with a bad typo) in one of the YouTubes.

Thank you!

This is in the description of the video:

Music in this video

Song

Artist
DJ Where is

Licensed to YouTube by
AdRev for Rights Holder

This is pulling up some really strange hits on YouTube, including Chopin!

Your youtube link identifies the song.

By: DJ Where is

Here's another youtube video with the same song by the same artist. The beginning is very fast, but the slowed down section starts at about 4:55.

And for the old folks who aren't as spry as that grandfather...

Last edited:
Shazam can ID the song, but of course the song and artist name are in Mandarin (I think).:)

A little more research found this:

"Not The Woman's fault" (“女人没有错") was initial published on Dec 8, 2015 and soon became one of the most popular square dance song in China. There're over hundreds of different choreography videos with this song. I picked two versions for my video: the first one is a group that was in a local talent competition on Jun 30, 2017; the second one is the group that is in Shenzhen and was in my previous video "Love Song of Naxi". Which one do you like more?

BTW, some Chinese men feel offended by the name of the song, but mostly, its melody makes this songs so hot. So, relax and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2I-Fj_hHQA

btw, that video has the lyrics in Mandarin and English.

Ah...I just watched that video. They identify the lyricist/composer: Weili Cui. The singers: Jianwrong Wang & Lanfang Situ.

Last edited:
Your youtube link identifies the song.

By: DJ Where is

Here's another youtube video with the same song by the same artist. The beginning is very fast, but the slowed down section starts at about 4:55.

And for the old folks who aren't as spry as that grandfather...

I love this guy! And the lady dancers are cute. I think I'm going to teach myself this and then work up to grandpa speed. I will never make it to that principal's speed, though.

New word: Mandopop

A little more research found this:

btw, that video has the lyrics in Mandarin and English.

Ah...I just watched that video. They identify the lyricist/composer: Weili Cui. The singers: Jianwrong Wang & Lanfang Situ.

Thank you so much. I love the English lyrics. Of course, they may not have anything at all to do with what's being said in Chinese. I'm thinking about "Cuando Calienta el Sol," which is sexy but is sung in English as this sappy, smarmy "Love me with all your heart; that's all I ask dear." :roll:

I want to thank you for a great thread, nota bene.

I love all kinds of music and you've exposed me to another style...Chinese folk music.

The person who presented that last video I found...Baby Bamboo...referred to another shuffle dance video that features a different song..."Naxi Love Song". I found another video from the vocalist of that song that also has a really cool video.

Thanks again for making this an enjoyable morning.:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom